Ambient light for front footwells - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Ambient light for front footwells in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have a set of front and rears if anyone is interested...
    1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Re: Ambient light for front footwells

I have a set of front and rears if anyone is interested

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS
    I have a set of front and rears if anyone is interested
    $$$$

I'd be interested depending on price shipped.

Seanjohngap is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Second Gen CTS DI
    My 08 cts didn't come with the lights so I bought some for the front footwells and plugged them in and they don't work ? I think I wasted 50$

Buckeye2019 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Raven premium

Akakillroy can you please send me some pics oh the ambient lighting how to install. Thanks

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanjohngap
    My 08 cts didn't come with the lights so I bought some for the front footwells and plugged them in and they don't work ? I think I wasted 50$
    Not really. U just have to find another power source.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Talk about nickel and diming customers to death. I'll bet it cost more for engineering & design work to take this feature out that they saved by doing so...
    papanots and papanots like this.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Here is a TIP!!

I ordered the front and rear set for my 2012 CTS AWD Coupe and TG I ordered the rear kit!!

First, as already reported the newer models (2011 & 2012) do not have the harness with the factory plug waiting under the lower dash trim panel, just the cut out that the bulb socket snaps into is all that is there to support the front foot well kit.

Second, the rear kit gives you everything the front kit is missing! It gives you a long cable that snaps right into the front kits left and right foot well bulb sockets. And the other end of the cable is a white wire with a metal pin that slides into an empty existing harness by the inner door moulding... And a black wire with a metal ground loop for a bolt hole etc.

So the heck with the rears.... It looks like alot of work.. The instructions are very long, requiring the center console be removed for fishing of the rear wires.

I'm just going to use the rear kits harness to wire up the front foot well ambient lights and be done with it.

oliverjo43 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Here is a TIP!!

I ordered the front and rear set for my 2012 CTS AWD Coupe and TG I ordered the rear kit!!

First, as already reported the newer models (2011 & 2012) do not have the harness with the factory plug waiting under the lower dash trim panel, just the cut out that the bulb socket snaps into is all that is there to support the front foot well kit.

Second, the rear kit gives you everything the front kit is missing! It gives you a long cable that snaps right into the front kits left and right foot well bulb sockets. And the other end of the cable is a white wire with a metal pin that slides into an empty existing harness by the inner door moulding... And a black wire with a metal ground loop for a bolt hole etc.

So the heck with the rears.... It looks like alot of work.. The instructions are very long, requiring the center console be removed for fishing of the rear wires.

I'm just going to use the rear kits harness to wire up the front foot well ambient lights and be done with it.

Can you give us some pics bc I just got kind of confused lol

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

To tell the truth, I never noticed that they gave of much light.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.