Adding Fog Lamps to non-performance package CTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Adding Fog Lamps to non-performance package CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; cts2008lover Did some testing today - Removed terminal #19 from the light green connector (orange wire from terminal #7 at ...
    LLingard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

Re: Adding Fog Lamps to non-performance package CTS

cts2008lover
    Did some testing today - Removed terminal #19 from the light green connector (orange wire from terminal #7 at the switch) and temporarily connected it to the wire from the relay (to isolate the BCM if anything went wrong). When I turned the OEM switch on it no longer latched to complete the circuit but the fog lights did come on when you held the switch on. Put the #19 terminal back into the light green connector and tapped into the orange wire with same results - switch would no longer latch, telltale lamps on dash no longer displayed but fog lamps did come on if switch was held in on position. So, the schematic shows an I/O pull up resistor (+) internal of the BCM at the end of the orange wire and an I/O low side drive switch (+) at the end of the wire coming from the relay. My guess is that these two items need to be built into the circuit to make the OEM work - Does anyone have any idea where these can be obtained?

footinface is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

will attempt the same on my car. TTT for others input

GetzCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

What will all this cost to ad the fogs???
    Thanks

laclac is offline Cadillac Owners Member

can some one tell me if the chrome bezel p/#15904575 has the hole on the side of the actuallight bulb . heres the problem went to dealer to buy the bezels and the chrome bezel that he brought out had to hole one for the fog light and the oter was just a plain hole , then we went to the show room and the 2011 cts had bulb in one hole and some kind of filler piece inthe other has anyone seen this problem please let me no , dont want to order part and have the bezel without the filler piece thanks .

C "T" ess is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I believe the other hole is for the brake ducting.

LLingard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

laclac
    The bezel does have two holes, one for the lamp and the other for air ducting to cool the brake parts at each front wheel. The ducting is meant for the FE2/FE3 suspension and brake systems. I have the FE1 suspension and did not add the ducting when I installed the fog lamps but did add screening to cover the hole from an accessory supplier just as a finishing touch. I have yet been unable to hook up the lamps using the factory switch but in the meantime have been using a seperate rocker switch - I've explained in previous posts in this thread. If you have any insight to the electrical end, it would be much appreciated.

jef9876 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

I have been wanting to add fogs to my 2010. Just a thought, if adding the OEM combo switch causes the fog indicator in the IP to light, why could we not use the voltage from that lamp to trigger an external relay, then connect the our fog lamps to this. Would we not have OEM type control?

C "T" ess is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

The lack of amps at the switch will be the problem and I don't believe there is a relay that can pump up the amps. If the stalk is plug and play, there should be a feed and the column connector where you can pull the power you need.

grosserhund is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Don't laugh too hard, but I don't suppose anyone has asked a dealer, or another shop for an estimate to install the fog lights...

I'm willing to pay a dealer or a reputable shop for the installation, but not if it's going to kill the bank account

Thabigguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    You could just buy the bezzels and glue in a set of side view convex circular Mirrors where the lights go and as long as no one asks you to turn them no one will ever know the difference.

grosserhund is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Let me clarify. All I was saying (and I should have said it) is that I'm not mechanically skilled. I don't mind paying someone to do a good installation on it, I just don't want to overpay is all I meant. The last 3 vehicles I've owned have all had them, and they are very useful as I do auite a bit of night driving these days.

That being said, It looks like it may be more trouble than it's worth, but I'll keep looking around.

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

Not recomending in any way but this EBay guy sells a complete fog light package for $400 shipped. It uses OEM light assemblies but aftermkt wiring.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...item27b8300fbd

awest5321 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Bought the chrome bezels from Lynch Cadillac in Auburn, AL for $162 and found the pair of complete fog lights with mounting assembly, lenses, bulbs for $108 on Amazon.com. Assemblies bolt right in. Havent done wiring yet but got pair of H11 connectors at Autozone for $16. Got relays and wiring for my harness already just need to get my car up on my lift and start putting my harness together.

heb80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

I installed some Hella's in my base model CTS bezels.

heb80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.