Cts lowering question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Cts lowering question in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey everyone, I have a Radiant Silver CTS with an upgraded grill. I love the car, however, it sits way ...
    JCruzMovement is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI

Arrow Cts lowering question

Hey everyone,
    I have a Radiant Silver CTS with an upgraded grill. I love the car, however, it sits way to high for me. I used to have a G37 coupe and I'm used to having a lower center of gravity when I drive.

I'm looking at getting a set of eibach springs to lower it about 1 inch on the stock rims. Is there anything else I need to think about besides the springs and installation? The dealer told me that as long as its not too low, it will not void the warranty (but define too low lol).

Any pics with eibachs and stock/aftermarket rims would be great.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kevzter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: Cts lowering question

You might want to check out D3's coilovers. They look pretty nice and you can adjust the height to your liking. I would be careful, however, the front end on the car is really low at the stock height. You'll have to be extra careful when parking, etc, if you lower it very much at all...

endo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI Black Raven

JCruzMovement I think the eibachs spring are great. I've had them on my car for about 5 months now. The height isn't too low. I don't have any problems with my car getting on the car lift or floor jacks. But I do wish the the front is a bit lower. Eibachs spring lower the front at 0.8 inch and the rear at 1 inch.

If you are going to get lowering spring, You have to make sure you have either the FE1 or FE2 shock. If you have the FE3 shock, you will have to replace the rear with the FE2 shock because FE3 shock are self leveling so it won't lower. Oh and if you lower your CTS watch out for those parking spaces with those tire stoppers, I don't know what they are called, because the lower lip will touch those cement blocks.

Here are a couple of pictures:

You can ignore the bike

If you want picture with rims, you might want to ask The BLACK DAHLIA.
    Here is his cardomain page. I hope he doesn't mind that I post this.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3136095

badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

i had the Eibach's on my 08. I was very pleased with them and the way they felt and looked on the vehicle. I too just wish the front was a tad lower than it was. The front sat just a little higher with the Eibach's (at least when I had the stock 17's on my 08). I have been debating getting the Eibach's and putting them on my 09 with the stock 18's, but don't know if I feel like spending the money again to buy them and install them (the 08 was a lemon and GM bought it back, stupid me left the Eibach's still on when traded in for 09). Anyway, I think i purchased my Eibach's about a year ago for $250 and install was just over $500 i believe. Hope that helps and best of luck!

JCruzMovement is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI

Thanks everyone. The car was a gift so how do I find out which suspension I have. FE1 FE2 of FE3. I know the car has pretty much every option except for nav.

Heres my cardomain page btw.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3311847

kevzter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

The FE3 suspension has air shocks in the back so there will be an air hose going to each of the rear shocks.

crystal_red is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM

Look at the label on the underside of the spare tire cover in the trunk. It will tell you all the 'codes' for the equipment on your car.

Gristle Boy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Ice/Ebony CTS-4 DI FE2

JCruz....
    Sorry to go off topic but how do you like the CTS compared to the G37? I ask because I came from a G35 & was considering the G37 but we have no dealer near by.

endo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI Black Raven

Yeah what crystal_red said. Just look for a code FE1, FE2 or FE3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.