Can anyone recommend a NoVA tint shop
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Can anyone recommend a NoVA tint shop in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I want to tint my windows but am wary of the different shops. I want one that not only stands ...
    C6Vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS DI FE3

Can anyone recommend a NoVA tint shop

I want to tint my windows but am wary of the different shops. I want one that not only stands behind their work but does a top notch job. Any recommendations welcome.
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DBeaSST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Can anyone recommend a NoVA tint shop

Some years ago, I used LA Tint in Manassas to do my Impala SS. I they warranted it forever and I included a "no fault" clause so even if I scratched it they'd replace. In the almost 10 years I had that car, the tint never needed replacing and it was very well installed.

I no longer live close enough to have them do my tint work so I can't say how good they are now.

crystal_red is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM

Nearly every tint shop that uses a nationally recognized top-of-the-line tint like Llumar AND offers a lifetime guarantee (which they should) should be no problem. Anymore, tint is either done right or it isn't. Also, the national chains like Ziebart and Rhino do outstanding work as well.

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

LA Tint
    502 Shaw Rd #102
    Sterling, VA 20167
    (703) 467-8295
    Formula One Performance Automotive Film
    Lifetime Warranty

I had them install the ceramic on my 2006 C6 Corvette. They came highly recommended and they did an excellent job. They also have shops in Manassas, Alexandria, and Woodbridge. I used the Sterling shop becuase the owner had the best experience in the C6 body style installation. Compared to a Corvette, the 2nd generation CTS is relatively easy. But again, the installer is a big part of the overall quality of product.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Why not check with your dealer or any local dealer. I'm sure they use reputable shops or they would have to handle the comeback headaches.

C6Vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS DI FE3

Thanks everyone. I'm going to ask both the dealer and talk to LA Tint. Just out of curiosity, I know the VA law says no more than 50% tint but is it an issue to go higher? I'm not saying I'll go higher, just curious. I'd like to see what a 50% tint looks like.

DBeaSST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

VA law is 50% on the front doors and 35% on the windows rearward of the front doors.

I did 35% all the way around (except windshield) on my CTS and haven't gotten hassled about it.

Quote Originally Posted by C6Vette View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to ask both the dealer and talk to LA Tint. Just out of curiosity, I know the VA law says no more than 50% tint but is it an issue to go higher? I'm not saying I'll go higher, just curious. I'd like to see what a 50% tint looks like.

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

I did 35% all the way around on the Vette and did the same thing on the CTS. Never got stopped with the Vette in VA while I was stationed there. The shops will tell you the same thing. You're pretty safe with the 32% and the 35%. Ceramic will allow for more visibility and refract more UV and heat. Judge for yourself when you get there and they will explain everything to you. I think you'll like how it looks on the car too.

yatesd is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony

I researched this issue a little this morning as I was tempted by the tint discussion. Unfortunately PA requires 70% light transmission which is exactly how our CTS comes from the factory.

I suppose the good news is that even though it may not be noticable, the tinting GM uses on the CTS is already better than many other cars.

PAO
    PAO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by C6Vette View Post
    also depends on who you take the car too for the annual state safety inspections.......a real inspection will include a light transfer reading if they note the car is tinted.......most in my experience dont check it.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.