Here Are Those CTS V Wheels We Love - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Here Are Those CTS V Wheels We Love in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; all that chrome stuff was on the car when I bought it (used with about 9k miles). tons of sites ...
    08CTSAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD

Re: Here Are Those CTS V Wheels We Love

all that chrome stuff was on the car when I bought it (used with about 9k miles). tons of sites list the pillars for sale, but i haven't been able to find the front bumper pieces. mine are a bit scratched (as you can imagine) and i wouldn't mind replacing them...but i agree it's kind of a nice, subtle look. thanks for the compliment.

wiz1der is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI FE2 Perf Package

All you need now is the eibach springs!

Looks great!

Has anyone seen the v wheels in the 7 spoke design? I saw them on a wheel repair site in both the 5 spoke and 7 spoke. I've been trolling the v forum but dont see the 7 spoke anywhere, curious as to how they look in person.

jjsC6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

First of all, let me say that the wheels are a great addition.

But about all the talk on this thread about liking the chrome....

When I bought my CTS, everyone who knows me really gave me a hard time about buying a Cadillac. I have owned mostly Acuras and Infinitis in recent years (I came out of a M45 sport to the CTS). I have staunchly defended my decision by saying "you don't understand, this is not your fathers Cadillac..." It's an honest BMW competitor.

Now I see all this talk from folks right here who own CTS's, and are loving the extra chrome and I'm starting to question my own self!

crystal_red is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM

Quote Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
    First of all, let me say that the wheels are a great addition.

But about all the talk on this thread about liking the chrome....

When I bought my CTS, everyone who knows me really gave me a hard time about buying a Cadillac. I have owned mostly Acuras and Infinitis in recent years (I came out of a M45 sport to the CTS). I have staunchly defended my decision by saying "you don't understand, this is not your fathers Cadillac..." It's an honest BMW competitor.

Now I see all this talk from folks right here who own CTS's, and are loving the extra chrome and I'm starting to question my own self!
    I'm not sure why you would be questioning the CTS characteristics in relation to other cars based on the presence or absence of chrome. That is simply a matter of taste and has no bearing on performance. I have seen some pretty 'chromed out' Beemers, Mercedes, and other cars too. Some like it and some don't. For me, I like some chrome on my Crystal Red CTS as it makes the paint 'pop' even more IMO.
    Anyway, if I misread your meaning, just disregard my rantings!

08CTSAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD

I think I know what you mean regarding the chrome. I've seen throughout this forum that the added chrome is generally not a welcome addition to the CTS' aesthetics. This is a luxury performance car and IMO $60 chrome add-ons aren't really meant for a car of this caliber. If I purchased the car chrome-free, I certainly would not have put the pillars on there myself. However, considering I don't plan on doing many other mods to the car (at some point the adult in me says "spend your money more wisely"), I think the chrome accents have become a nice distinguishing feature to my baby. But trust me, I can respect a fellow CTS owner who thinks otherwise. I used to be one.

wiz1der is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI FE2 Perf Package

Has anyone seen the v wheels in the 7 spoke design? I saw them on a wheel repair site in both the 5 spoke and 7 spoke. I've been trolling the v forum but dont see the 7 spoke anywhere, curious as to how they look in person.

dominic cio is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6 DI AWD Sport Luxury

[IMG][/IMG]

Hi,

I bought these EtaBeta wheels, 20x9J, with tires 255/35/20

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by cts_mark View Post
    Very nice looking car. I'll also say that I like the chrome pillars.

I noticed you are in Mass, I am too. Have you been following the thread about a New England Summer Meet? Link

Where in Mass are you? I am in Leominster, maybe I'll see you around.

-Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by 08CTSAWD View Post
    Not sure where Leominster is, but I'm located in Pittsfield (western mass); we basically border the NY state line. And I'll have to keep my eye on that Summer Meet, I wasn't aware of it before. Thanks for the heads up...
    Come on. MA isn't Texas with a bunch of irrelevant little towns...

I was looking at your pics(very nize, BTW, minus the chrome pillarz...) and thought your type of neighborhood looks familiar. Pittsfield and Leominster are both big enough to be familiar with. They're not Egremont, you know...

SpeedracerZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS-4 DI FE2

Small world. I live in Nassau, NY and spend a lot of time in Lenox. I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm driving through Pittsfield. I also have a black beauty.

Do you mind if I ask how much the wheels cost? I assume they are reproductions and not the originals from GM

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I really like the new wheels available on the '10 CTSs...

blackduallie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 cts4

08CTSAWD , I was wondering how your V wheels are making out on your car. How has it affected the ride. I was planning on getting a set for mine if I can find them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.