Need Info on Factory Option Pkg. w/ rear deck spoiler andclear tailights
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Need Info on Factory Option Pkg. w/ rear deck spoiler andclear tailights in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello, This is my first post. This is a great forum with lotsof information. I just started the process to ...
    CTSNewbee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Performance

Need Info on Factory Option Pkg. w/ rear deck spoiler andclear tailights

Hello,

This is my first post. This is a great forum with lotsof information.

I just started the process to purchase an '09 CTS. I have been gathering information on option packages, etc. Been to a couple of local dealers to see what the option packages actually look like on the car.

However, today I went to a Cadillac dealer in nearby Providence RI and he had about 5 CTS's with a factory option package that I have not seen, or heard of, before. The package included a rear deck spoiler, clear lenses over the rear tail lights, and 18" chrome (not polished, as I have seen these) wheels with a Cadillac emblem in the center hub of the wheel. I cannot remember the name of the package, but it was listed on the factory option sheet in the rear pasenger window of the car (it was not an add-on sheet). I was told by the salesman that this is a special package offered by Cadillac and can be found on the Cadillac website. The price on the window sticker for this package was $5100. I cannot find any reference to this package on the Cadillac website, nor is it listed in the 2009 CTS sales brochure. Also, I have not seen this option packaged listed on Edmunds or KBB sites.

Has anyone heard or seen this package? Are there certain areas of the country where this package can only be pruchased? Any additional information would be helpful.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your responses.

CTSNewbee

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

redvett94 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Need Info on Factory Option Pkg. w/ rear deck spoiler andclear tailights

Its a dealer add on (upfitted) not a GM RPO & thats why your not seeing it on the GM web site or brochures.

WNBAMiamiSol is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6L DI FE2 RWD NAV, OEM Spoiler, D3 CAI, LOADED

The $5100 seems pricey. I have an OEM spoiler from the dealer that was $500 (painted & installed). If you swap out your factory wheels with a guy in California on eBay who offers chroming service, you get the chrome 18's for about $1200. I remember seeing the clear tail light lenses on the GM Accessories web page for the CTS. I think it would be limited which CTS colors these would look good on (white, light silver?). They were expensive as I recall ($750?). Buying the items you saw individually would save you around $2000-$2500.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your responses.

Redvett94 - You are absolutely correct, it is a dealer add on. After reading your email I went to the Dealer's web site where they have a "build your car" option and sure enough on THEIR website, the dealer options were listed, along with the rest of the factory options. The thing that threw me was that the dealer option was listed on the window sticker as if it had come from the factory (i.e. printed on the factory window sticker among all of the other factory options on the car).

WNBAMiamiSol - I agree $5100 seems kind of pricey for a spolier, clear tailights and 18" chrome rims and tires. And yes, you are correct, this dealer option is limited to 3 colors. But boy, what a difference these few changes make to appearance of the CTS! I have to look into the wheel chroming option as I really like the factory 18" wheels, but was disappointed with the optional bright polished finished wheels. In fact the difference between the 18" bright polished wheels and the 18" "stock" wheels is negligable in my opinion.

Thanks again!
    Jim

The only reason I have not gone for the aftermarket chromed wheels is I am hesitant they might be off a CTS with the steering vibration problem. Williamson Cadillac took back my 1st CTS. They won't take back a 2nd - especially if the problem arises after I swap the wheels. Otherwise, I would have had the chromed wheels a month after I got CTS #2! On my all black car, they would look awesome.

I am waiting for Corsa to produce the cat back exhaust system and IF I still own my CTS then (I usually trade cars every 18 months to 2 years) I will probably add a black rear valance to compliment the OEM spoiler. That gray valance is U-G-L-Y!

Black08CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS

I paid $650 for the clear tail lamp package. This price did not incllude installation. Got 'em from Lindsay and did it myself. My dealer wanted $900. Not sure about everything else.

.... same thing with my OEM spoiler. Dealer wanted $750. Got it from a different Cadillac dealer selling on eBay for $450 painted. Have friends here with a body shop who installed for free & I gave 'em $50.

That's why I am sure you can get everything offered in the dealer's $5100 package for half. You might also point that out to your dealer & see if he will go $2000 - $2500 on the package. You never know.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The items you're asking about come as part of a "Personalized Exterior Appearance Package" which is ordered when the car is built (that's why it was on the factory MSRP sticker and not a Dealer "supplemental sticker"). The car arrives at the Dealership from the factory with the stock items on it, and Cadillac sends us the clear tallamps, wheels and spoiler in a separate box to install prior to putting the car on display.

So to answer your question- it is a factory ordered option that the Dealer installs. The items can be ordered separately to put on a car after it arrives, but they wouldn't show on the factory sticker if we do it that way. Confusing, I know. Here is a link about the package on Cadillac.com.

(FYI- Dealer cost is over $4,000 on this package, so I doubt the $2,500 offer will get much traction)
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Cadillac Tony,

Thank you for your detailed and clear response! One follow up question if I may: What about tires, are they included in this package? Since the car only shows the Luxury collection option, whcih comes with 17" wheels and tires, I assume the sport appearance package includes 18" tires?

I noticed on the GM Accessories website where they list these parts separately, that the 18" wheels can only be used with the FE1 suspension. That explains why all of the cars I saw on the dealer's lot with the sport appearance package had the luxury collection (PDP) option. This limitation seems kind of strange since 17" wheels are offered with the PDP option and 18" wheels are offered with the other suspension options (FE2 and FE3).

Thanx again,
    CTSNewbee

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yes, the tires are included. The charge on the window sticker represents the wheels, tires, spoiler and 3 clear brake lights, as well as the labor charge for installing and reprogramming the TPM system and ABS/TC for the different wheels.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...page=4&butID=3

VSG NEW! LPO, CTS Sport Appearance and Lighting Group, includes the following dealer-installed accessories: rear spoiler, clear tail lamps and CHMSL, 18" chrome wheels and 18" tires.
    1 - Requires (FE1) 4-wheel independent suspension and exterior colors (41U) Black Raven, (89U) Crystal Red Tintcoat or (98U) White Diamond Tricoat. Not available with (PDR) CTS Performance Collection or (PDQ) CTS Premium Collection.

VYN NEW! LPO, CTS Vehicle Personalization spoiler, clear tail lamps
    1 - Requires exterior colors (17U) Radiant Silver, (41U) Black Raven, (89U) Crystal Red Tintcoat or (98U) White Diamond Tricoat. Not available with (VSG) LPO, CTS Sport Appearance and Lighting Group.

fast400@me.com is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6di FE3

Quote Originally Posted by CTSNewbee View Post
    Cadillac Tony,

Thank you for your detailed and clear response! One follow up question if I may: What about tires, are they included in this package? Since the car only shows the Luxury collection option, whcih comes with 17" wheels and tires, I assume the sport appearance package includes 18" tires?

I noticed on the GM Accessories website where they list these parts separately, that the 18" wheels can only be used with the FE1 suspension. That explains why all of the cars I saw on the dealer's lot with the sport appearance package had the luxury collection (PDP) option. This limitation seems kind of strange since 17" wheels are offered with the PDP option and 18" wheels are offered with the other suspension options (FE2 and FE3).

Thanx again,
    CTSNewbee
    Why would the Chrome GM accessory wheels be for FE1 only?? I just got a set for my FE3 suspension. After getting my wheels I saw the message on the GM accessory site the states: "GM Accessory Wheel can only be used on vehicles with Soft Ride Suspension (FE1)."
    That's not going to be a problem is it?? What's the reason? Anybody know?

PAO
    PAO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by fast400@me.com View Post
    Why would the Chrome GM accessory wheels be for FE1 only?? I just got a set for my FE3 suspension. After getting my wheels I saw the message on the GM accessory site the states: "GM Accessory Wheel can only be used on vehicles with Soft Ride Suspension (FE1)."
    That's not going to be a problem is it?? What's the reason? Anybody know?
    the only think I can think of is the new accessory wheel may not clear the J55 brake upgrade on the FE3 suspension.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.