Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21K views 73 replies 25 participants last post by  chico 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a few pics of our '09 CTS that we had the dealership upgrade with the Vogue VTXi Package. This year we will hopefully be upgrading the wheels too. We love the difference it made to the vehicle. We also had custom painting (by hand) done with Disney even with pixie dust coming out of the side mesh vents.

Added the B-Pillars too.

See less See more
#37 ·
Hey, Belle, keep doing what you like - this is your car. I admire your moxy. Most car owners - if they were truthful - would admit that they prefer a car with subdued looks (this partly explains why Toyota/Lexus sell so well). Heck, buying a CTS with it's stock "out there" grille was a stretch for me. I like that others like to go even farther...

#39 ·
Urbanski, I would NEVER put stickers on the vehicles. The artwork is custom hand painted from Dealer's referral and done there. The windows have custom made decals.

Northern SRX thank you and you're so right on your comments. Enjoy your grille; it does make a big difference!

concorso, this is my third vehicle custom painted and the prior vehicles sold quickly within 2 days and to same buyer and is already looking forward either of our vehicles when that time comes. In fact the 1993 Ford Explorer with $3000.00 worth of custom paint work is still going strong and has close to 300,000 miles on it. Can you say the same for your vehicle you own or owned of that age? Probaby not. Hmmm still call it stupid?:cookoo:

#40 ·
concorso, this is my third vehicle custom painted and the prior vehicles sold quickly within 2 days and to same buyer and is already looking forward either of our vehicles when that time comes. In fact the 1993 Ford Explorer with $3000.00 worth of custom paint work is still going strong and has close to 300,000 miles on it. Can you say the same for your vehicle you own or owned of that age? Probaby not. Hmmm still call it stupid?:cookoo:
not that i'm trying to take sides here, but the fact is that the majority of the people who are on this forum take very excellent care of their cars. if you are going to post pictures of your car on here you have to be willing to take the criticism that could possibly come from the people who don't exactly like your car. i know personally i take very good care of my car and i'm 100% positive that there are many other people on this forum that take excellent care of their cars. just my 2 cents.

#44 ·
It's ok sister, I understand why you are so crooked...nobody should be forced to own a 93 Ford Explorer, let alone be forced to keep one for 15 years....

As long as the custom paint work on that explorer is over the clearcoat, the paint is not in good shape, its impossible. And thats what I was saying about your CTS. You CANNOT polish all the paint, you will have to polish around the artwork. I, for one, want perfect paint. I didn't buy my vehicle based on its resale value. Hell, its a GM. I bought it to enjoy during its ownership. And If I couldnt perfect my paint, I wouldn't be satisfied. Again, yes, I consider it stupid to worry about resale value, and then do something to the paint to hinder the proper care or it.

Hey, prove me wrong. Grab a high powered flashlight, or go out in the bright sun and take macro photos of the paint surrounding the artwork.

I didnt own a vehicle in 93. I wasn't old enough to drive. My parents had a W140 Sclass tho...and that went over 300000 miles. 300k miles is not really that much in the south. Ive known quite a few people with vehicles lasting that long, from all brands. Buicks, Toyotas, MB's, Volvos...

#45 ·
As long as the custom paint work on that explorer is over the clearcoat, the paint is not in good shape, its impossible. And thats what I was saying about your CTS. You CANNOT polish all the paint, you will have to polish around the artwork.
I have to disagree. I would have to assume the paint was done using One Shot Enamels which was and still is to this day a sign painter or pinstriper's go to paint. Once dry you can polish over it with just about any off the shelf wax or polish. What you don't want to do is use rubbing compounds or high speed buffers on it but then why would you need to?

As for the modification and the graphics, I don't care for it at all but different strokes for different folks.

#42 ·
please don't be offended...but it's akin to dining at a nice 4-star restaurant, ordering a nicely flavored, well marbleized, buttery-tendered NY strip steak and slapping heinz 57 ketchup all over it....i don't the folks at outback have ever seen that happen to be honest.

#46 ·
Your mods remind me a lot of my 2003 CTS Copper Sunburst color choice, a lot of people love the exciting and sporty colors like copper sunburst, but there are some that absolutely hate it, and it doesnt bother me one bit. I would have got the 08 Hot Lava but Caddy forced the less luxurious looking monotone Black interior, a big dissapointment for me. People dont seem to practice "if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything" policy. I personally think the new Blue Diamond is hideous in all respects, the color tone, the way the metal flake sits on top of the paint, and the way the front end panels look like they dont match, one panel will look like it has a lot of flake, while the adjoining panel looks like it hardly has any. However, if someone posted a pic of their new Blue Diamond car, i certainly woudlnt tell them i think it looks horrible, but some on this forum would if they felt that way. I think by the lack of positive responses the person could get the hint that not a lot of people like it, IF that was the case. I guess if the person posted pics and actively ASKED if we liked it or not, i might simply say "no", or "not my cup of tea" since they ASKED for feedback, but your car is HAWT to YOU and that is what truly matters, it's not for someone else to say its not. If i get a new CTS it will have likely have part of the VTXI package added, the front and rear valances and side skirts, but not the grill or license plate mesh. Part of the VTXI pkg gives added flare like the V has, but I personally like the stock grill with the added chrome strips. Its a matter of personal choice just like many others have already said to you. Enjoy it as I am sure you are, and welcome to the forum!

#47 ·
1stCad you're correct on the graphics and presumed 100% correct.

Coppersunburstcts thank you for your post. I am new to this forum and when I posted my thread that's how I thought other members would treat each other but I saw other wise and that is why I retaliated. Just when I have been thinking about no longer being a member, you give reason to reconsider. Urbanski deleted my pictures on another thread and upon asking him why he didn't have the decency to answer. I thought this was a forum to discuss and share our love for vehicles and more importantly Cadillac but I've seen that members just want to go somewhere to post their venum and attitude and thereby made me too. I am a woman and like to hang with the guys for they tell it like it is and have more respect toward each other but so far here, I don't see that too much. I apologize for stooping to their level and I am not sure I am going to stay as a member. Time will tell.

#55 ·
Urbanski deleted my pictures on another thread and upon asking him why he didn't have the decency to answer. .
i didnt delete anything, please unknot your pixie dust. and its urbanski, not Urbanski

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by urbanski; 01-05-09 at 05:57 PM. Reason: one thread of your car is enough, thanks

Hmm, sure looks like you edited it; now doesn't it? Well, what did you do then on the above post on my images on the post urbanski ?
well, like i said before...when accused of deleting something i replied that i did not delete anything. i edited a post. how is editing anything akin to deleting? my delete button is still lonely and dusty, sorry.

BelleNBeast2 said:
If your'e going to edit at least be honest about it.
honest, i never deleted anything. and i left a reason why i edited things.

BelleNBeast2 said:
Plus you didn't have the decency to even answer my question sent to you.
what question? the one where you said
"Why did you say enough of my photos posted? Where do your rules state only one post? Why is there such attitude on this forum or are you a cult and don't like certain people on it?"
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=11667

why would i reply to a somebody calling this place a cult?

BelleNBeast2 said:
I am a moderator for a forum when we edit a message, we have justified reasons based on RULES of the forum. I checked here and I didn't see anywhere that it states you can't post photos twice.
you missed the part of the rules stating:
Try to post to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic being presented.
--your car is a 08+ CTS and you posted huge pics in 2009 V. that is off topic.

and

Post in a manner that promotes good will in the community.
--this thread/your car is a huge lightning rod of controversy and we dont need that propagating across multiple forums.

this is fun. i can go on all day if you want. glad you're a member here.

#48 ·
:eek:hthedrama:

#50 · (Edited)
I love seeing that CTS V in the Blue Diamond but hate it too! We have an '09 SRX in the Blue Diamond and absolutely love the brilliance of the colors in the blue just like a diamond. We purchased during the Employee Match Price back in Fall and hubby was hooked on the Black Raven CTS '09 but they didn't have the V-series yet and they didn't have a Blue Diamond in the CTS so I caved and agreed to the Black Raven; even though I swore after having 2 prior black cars I would never ever own another black car for as we know how much hard work it takes but hubby never had a black car so I gave in. Still when I see here members posts of their gorgeous CTS and especially CTS-V in the Blue Diamond I just begin to whimper. The only consolation I have is that we upgraded the CTS with the Vogue VTXi package to look somewhat like the Vseries but I am still in awe of your lucky members and your beautiful vehicles.

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL762/3251034/21083816/349886329.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL762/3251034/21083816/349882737.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL762/3251034/21083816/349886335.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL762/3251034/21083816/349882739.jpg[/IG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by urbanski; 01-05-09 at 05:57 PM. Reason: one thread of your car is enough, thanks

[B]Hmm, sure looks like you edited it; now doesn't it? Well, what did you do then on the above post on my images on the post urbanski ? Sorry to get your undies in a bunch on your U of name. Not a less there's two of you? OMG!!!!!! This is the exact regard to how people are treated on this forum that I just mentioned on prior post. I am a moderator for a forum when we edit a message, we have justified reasons based on RULES of the forum. I checked here and I didn't see anywhere that it states you can't post photos twice. Plus you didn't have the decency to even answer my question sent to you. If your'e going to edit at least be honest about it. [/B]

#51 ·
I love seeing that CTS V in the Blue Diamond but hate it too! We have an '09 SRX in the Blue Diamond and absolutely love the brilliance of the colors in the blue just like a diamond. We purchased during the Employee Match Price back in Fall and hubby was hooked on the Black Raven CTS '09 but they didn't have the V-series yet and they didn't have a Blue Diamond in the CTS so I caved and agreed to the Black Raven; even though I swore after having 2 prior black cars I would never ever own another black car for as we know how much hard work it takes but hubby never had a black car so I gave in. Still when I see here members posts of their gorgeous CTS and especially CTS-V in the Blue Diamond I just begin to whimper. The only consolation I have is that we upgraded the CTS with the Vogue VTXi package to look somewhat like the Vseries but I am still in awe of your lucky members and your beautiful vehicles.

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL762/3251034/21083816/349886329.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL762/3251034/21083816/349882737.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL762/3251034/21083816/349886335.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL762/3251034/21083816/349882739.jpg[/IG]

[B]Hmm, sure looks like you edited it; now doesn't it? Well, what did you do then on the above post on my images on the post urbanski ? Sorry to get your undies in a bunch on your U of name. Not a less there's two of you? OMG!!!!!! This is the exact regard to how people are treated on this forum that I just mentioned on prior post. I am a moderator for a forum when we edit a message, we have justified reasons based on RULES of the forum. I checked here and I didn't see anywhere that it states you can't post photos twice. Plus you didn't have the decency to even answer my question sent to you. If your'e going to edit at least be honest about it. [/B][/quote]

WOW.

The internetz makez U mad.

-Chris

#52 ·
am I missing something? I've been looking for the pixie dust disney pics of the CTS for days and thats it? the four pics noted above in the "you deleted, I did not, did so" chain? Considering everyone's reaction I was expecting a bright Pink CTS with huge Fairies on the hood and Disney logos or something.

thats it? a few decal looking add ons? Uh-hum I mean, how dare you deface this car by making it look the way you want it and having it represent your personality? You can be unique as long as you're just like everyone else. haha
(just wait till I get a big dragon fighting a wizard airbrushed onto my hood)

Good for you Belle, You've got an awesome car. Do it up the way you like, enjoy it and be proud of it!

#54 ·
am I missing something? I've been looking for the pixie dust disney pics of the CTS for days and thats it? the four pics noted above in the "you deleted, I did not, did so" chain? Considering everyone's reaction I was expecting a bright Pink CTS with huge Fairies on the hood and Disney logos or something.

thats it? a few decal looking add ons? Uh-hum I mean, how dare you deface this car by making it look the way you want it and having it represent your personality? You can be unique as long as you're just like everyone else. haha
(just wait till I get a big dragon fighting a wizard airbrushed onto my hood)

Good for you Belle, You've got an awesome car. Do it up the way you like, enjoy it and be proud of it!
I'll be honest when I say, that VTXi package is what makes me :suspect:, as opposed to the custom graphics. The grill is way too large to have the V style, and the rear alteza style lights were all the rage in 1998.

She obviously like it, and makes the payments, so good on her. Comming here, and expecting everyone to like it and/or not post negative comments was naive.

The internetz is full of H8ters and azzholes (me included).

-Chris

#57 ·
Do not taunt happy fun ball. :annoyed:

BelleNBeast2:

As car forums go, this one is pretty tame. I haven't really seen anything overtly mean written about your car, just some people saying that it's not to their liking. When you post pictures in public, you're going to have to accept the good and the bad.

There's lots of members on this forum now that started out just like you are- they posted a picture or opinion, got a little ribbing, and flew off the handle calling everyone here every name they could think of. Do what they did: relax, enjoy your car, and don't mind people who have a different opinion than you. Before you know it, you'll be posting here and having fun with all of us. :)

#61 ·
urbanski, I TRULY APOLOGIZE. I didn't know there is another member with same name; of which I won't type his/her name here. LOL

Also, sorry for the misread/understanding on other post '08 CTS +

I look forward to being here (a bit apprehensively) and you being one of my favorite in a memorable way on this whole first thread. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.