CTS with the Vogue VTXi Package - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, CTS with the Vogue VTXi Package in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; For most people they are not in vogue. You might want to check out the J.C. Whitney catalog for mudflaps, ...
    dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: CTS with the Vogue VTXi Package

For most people they are not in vogue. You might want to check out the J.C. Whitney catalog for mudflaps, curb feelers, and fuzzy dice.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

voodoodr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Crystal Red DI, Premium Luxury and 18" All-season

Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post
    For most people they are not in vogue. You might want to check out the J.C. Whitney catalog for mudflaps, curb feelers, and fuzzy dice.
    curbfeelers are kewl!! they protect my thick white sidewalls...

voodoodr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Crystal Red DI, Premium Luxury and 18" All-season

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodr View Post
    curbfeelers are kewl!! they protect my thick white sidewalls...
    Now i need something to protect my seats....
    Attached Images

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by BelleNBeast2 View Post
    Voodoodr, yes I like you. I guess you guys are going to treat me like my two brothers did growing up. Okay, I'll get the thicker skin. Chris, thank you for your advice and I don't think your wife should call you Droopy. That name is more than likely taken by dkozloski I can only presume he is Blinky, Droopy and has the PINK SEATS on his vehicle that is!

On a car note, does anyone else have the Vogue accessories on their vehicle and if so can you post pictures?
    I had to LOL at this, because they actually call him Binky.

-Chris

P.S. How should you know what my wife should call me? You been lookin in my pants?
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

BelleNBeast2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS '09 AWD DI Black Raven & SRX '09 V-8 AWD Blue Diamond

Chris, I would never do that! I may peak but never look! Seriously I was giving you a compliment!!!! I just wanted to give it back to Mr. Blinky Bear.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I think its stupid because you wont be able to properly take care of your paint now. Unless you do the airbrushing/painting yourself and have no problems redoing it...

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

Hey, Belle, keep doing what you like - this is your car. I admire your moxy. Most car owners - if they were truthful - would admit that they prefer a car with subdued looks (this partly explains why Toyota/Lexus sell so well). Heck, buying a CTS with it's stock "out there" grille was a stretch for me. I like that others like to go even farther...

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

I'd hate to see you treat your other half
    my other half doesnt have disney stickers all over themselves

BelleNBeast2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS '09 AWD DI Black Raven & SRX '09 V-8 AWD Blue Diamond

Urbanski, I would NEVER put stickers on the vehicles. The artwork is custom hand painted from Dealer's referral and done there. The windows have custom made decals.

Northern SRX thank you and you're so right on your comments. Enjoy your grille; it does make a big difference!

concorso, this is my third vehicle custom painted and the prior vehicles sold quickly within 2 days and to same buyer and is already looking forward either of our vehicles when that time comes. In fact the 1993 Ford Explorer with $3000.00 worth of custom paint work is still going strong and has close to 300,000 miles on it. Can you say the same for your vehicle you own or owned of that age? Probaby not. Hmmm still call it stupid?

WhtDmnd04CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4, Performance Collection, NAV, AWD

concorso, this is my third vehicle custom painted and the prior vehicles sold quickly within 2 days and to same buyer and is already looking forward either of our vehicles when that time comes. In fact the 1993 Ford Explorer with $3000.00 worth of custom paint work is still going strong and has close to 300,000 miles on it. Can you say the same for your vehicle you own or owned of that age? Probaby not. Hmmm still call it stupid?
    not that i'm trying to take sides here, but the fact is that the majority of the people who are on this forum take very excellent care of their cars. if you are going to post pictures of your car on here you have to be willing to take the criticism that could possibly come from the people who don't exactly like your car. i know personally i take very good care of my car and i'm 100% positive that there are many other people on this forum that take excellent care of their cars. just my 2 cents.

The Black Dahlia is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

On a car note, does anyone else have the Vogue accessories on their vehicle and if so can you post pictures?
    To answer your question BelleNBeast, Yes. Others on this forum have the Vogue VTXi kit like you. A few members have it.

Mine just has the lip, skirts, spoiler 1 and rear valance.

BelleNBeast2- Is that a Euro-spec CTS with the clear tails/brake light??
    EDIT: Noticed your US License plates... Must've been an option? Any way you could take a picture of the rear tails at night????????

radbag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

please don't be offended...but it's akin to dining at a nice 4-star restaurant, ordering a nicely flavored, well marbleized, buttery-tendered NY strip steak and slapping heinz 57 ketchup all over it....i don't the folks at outback have ever seen that happen to be honest.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

The mesh grille wannaV theme looked great on the first gen. The flat mesh grille is one of the most heinous things you can do to a new CTS...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

It's ok sister, I understand why you are so crooked...nobody should be forced to own a 93 Ford Explorer, let alone be forced to keep one for 15 years....

As long as the custom paint work on that explorer is over the clearcoat, the paint is not in good shape, its impossible. And thats what I was saying about your CTS. You CANNOT polish all the paint, you will have to polish around the artwork. I, for one, want perfect paint. I didn't buy my vehicle based on its resale value. Hell, its a GM. I bought it to enjoy during its ownership. And If I couldnt perfect my paint, I wouldn't be satisfied. Again, yes, I consider it stupid to worry about resale value, and then do something to the paint to hinder the proper care or it.

Hey, prove me wrong. Grab a high powered flashlight, or go out in the bright sun and take macro photos of the paint surrounding the artwork.

I didnt own a vehicle in 93. I wasn't old enough to drive. My parents had a W140 Sclass tho...and that went over 300000 miles. 300k miles is not really that much in the south. Ive known quite a few people with vehicles lasting that long, from all brands. Buicks, Toyotas, MB's, Volvos...

1stCad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post

As long as the custom paint work on that explorer is over the clearcoat, the paint is not in good shape, its impossible. And thats what I was saying about your CTS. You CANNOT polish all the paint, you will have to polish around the artwork.
    I have to disagree. I would have to assume the paint was done using One Shot Enamels which was and still is to this day a sign painter or pinstriper's go to paint. Once dry you can polish over it with just about any off the shelf wax or polish. What you don't want to do is use rubbing compounds or high speed buffers on it but then why would you need to?

As for the modification and the graphics, I don't care for it at all but different strokes for different folks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.