Grille chrome added - pics
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Grille chrome added - pics in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ...
    peddler is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Grille chrome added - pics

Recently added the grille chrome. See the before and after pics. Very nice upgrade, in my opinion. Probably won't add the other pieces that came with the kit. Also ordered the smaller (2 ½ in.) emblems for the C pillars, as well. This should be a nice, subtle touch.

Lovin' the CTS
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Re: Grille chrome added - pics

Looks great! Did you have to wait long for the kit? Was it difficult to install? Did it take long to install? Be sure to post pictures of you C-pillar emblems when you install them. The chrome over the factory pieces makes the front grill look higher quality--yet it is more subtle than the mesh inserts, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    Looks great! Did you have to wait long for the kit? Was it difficult to install? Did it take long to install? Be sure to post pictures of you C-pillar emblems when you install them. The chrome over the factory pieces makes the front grill look higher quality--yet it is more subtle than the mesh inserts, in my opinion.
    Waited exactly 30 days for the kit, but I think my order delivery time was out of the norm. A friend got his in 2 weeks. Easy to install, however, one must be very careful because you cannot pull the pieces off to realign, even when partially stuck on. I did mine sober, so that helped quite a bit. I also used the adhesive enhancer that I had, although some did come with the kit. The kit is of good quality, in my opinion. Comes with side moulding/ect as well, but I don't like the look.

Now I need to find chrome/stainless front and rear licence plate frames. I've looked locally, but all I can find is stuff that is poor quality (Chinese, I think). Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

wiz1der is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI FE2 Perf Package

Looks great! Can you post the exact link where you got the kit?

Quote Originally Posted by wiz1der View Post
    Looks great! Can you post the exact link where you got the kit?
    Sure.

Go to http://lgtautomotive.com/
    and do a seach for part # 2891

Should take you to http://www.lgtautomotive.com/advance...x=8&image.y=10

If I were to order again I would most likely email first to ensure the parts are readily available. They do have an 800 number, but I was never able to get through.

nort99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks for the info, sure looks great.

Alpet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 Cadillac CTS4 Coupe, crystal red, 18", chrome grill, tint

Peddler

Very nice!
    I did the same thing, it looks great. I did not install the side striping that it came with because it would have been installed in the groove, & I did not want to chance any problems with the adhesive.

One thing I had done was have the dealership LOWER the front plate bracket, so the upper grill shows more--it looks good. All they do is reverse the bracket upside down, which lowers it about 2 inches (sorry, no pix)

Another point to others reading this, watch out for LG automotive (the only place that sells this item), I've heard horror stories, ranging from 7 week delivery, pieces missing, overchanging--in my case, they charged my MC account $1087 instead of $160--they donot return calls or e-mails. Luckily, I received the item in 2 weeks, & the MC company adjusted the bill.

Mr Snappy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Alpet View Post
    Peddler

Very nice!
    I did the same thing, it looks great. I did not install the side striping that it came with because it would have been installed in the groove, & I did not want to chance any problems with the adhesive.

One thing I had done was have the dealership LOWER the front plate bracket, so the upper grill shows more--it looks good. All they do is reverse the bracket upside down, which lowers it about 2 inches (sorry, no pix)

Another point to others reading this, watch out for LG automotive (the only place that sells this item), I've heard horror stories, ranging from 7 week delivery, pieces missing, overchanging--in my case, they charged my MC account $1087 instead of $160--they donot return calls or e-mails. Luckily, I received the item in 2 weeks, & the MC company adjusted the bill.
    Thank you for this post. While I am glad it worked out for you two, but your tale of overcharging your credit card by $1000 and not taking your calls is enough to me to NEVER do business with this company. I liked the look, but no way would I do business with a company that handles its customer service this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpet View Post
    Peddler

Very nice!

Thanks, Alpet, for the front bracket tip. Will try this as well, as soon as the C pillar emblems arrive. Should be here in two days. Will post pics.

Having a great time doing these subtle upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Snappy View Post
    Thank you for this post. While I am glad it worked out for you two, but your tale of overcharging your credit card by $1000 and not taking your calls is enough to me to NEVER do business with this company. I liked the look, but no way would I do business with a company that handles its customer service this way.
    Totally logical and I probably wouldn't have dealt with them either if I had known how sloppy their transactions are. Too bad, as the product I rec'd was very nice.

Mac141 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Thunder Gray/Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by peddler View Post
    Recently added the grille chrome. See the before and after pics. Very nice upgrade, in my opinion. Probably won't add the other pieces that came with the kit.
    Looks great Peddler! I have toyed with the idea myself but waiting to see one in person first before I commit. I know others on here have done this as well and the cars always look great. Can anyone attest to how the kit holds up over time?

Luvin' the chrome.

badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

i have had mine on since may and a little over 11,000 miles. not one complaint so far

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

The kit is made by the same folks who make the Sherwood dash kits. Anyone selling Sherwood products should be able to get you the kit. Right now there is one on eBay.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Where did you find the 'c' pillar emblems?

Workaholic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Hey Peddler, looks good!
    With shipping and customs included what did it end up costing?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.