22 inch rim question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, 22 inch rim question in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I want to get some 22 inch rims for my CTS but the shop I went to said they will ...
    lowpro is offline Cadillac Owners Member

22 inch rim question

I want to get some 22 inch rims for my CTS but the shop I went to said they will not fit unless some customizing is done to it. For everyone with 22 inch rims, did you have an problems installing the rims and what tires size do you have? Was there any issues with rubbing and/or not fitting right? Can you also post pictures of your non-lowered car with 22 inch rims? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

synergy408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 22 inch rim question

I would do a search, there are a few members who mounted 22's with little to no fender mods.

Black08CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS

I decided against 22s after my dealer told me I would have problems. He recommends no larger than 20s.

xshrpshtr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

TheBigJimShow has a lot of experience at running 22's and larger wheels on all his vehicles. I would PM him for some info.

mossmissle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

I have had zero problems, no rubbing at all. Actually it raised the car up about a half inch and I can get out of my driveway without scraping. I am running a 22x9 with a 245/30/22. I called falken and they recommended a 255 though for load issues. A 245 is about 17lbs under which is not a huge issue for me. If I were to do it again I would get the 255's. 22's are the only way to go if you want that look. 20's look WAY to small for me.
    Attached Images

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

I would be a little concerned they said they cant have 22's on the car without modifications. 22's have been many times over. Even lowered, there are no issues if you do everything correctly.

Sorry for the blurry pic..

Good luck!

Thanks,

The Rich Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    I would be a little concerned they said they cant have 22's on the car without modifications. 22's have been many times over. Even lowered, there are no issues if you do everything correctly.

Sorry for the blurry pic..

Good luck!

Thanks,
    Dr.Design, did you have anything to do with the car you posted a picture of? I want my car to sit and look exactly like that car. Was wondering if you knew how much of a drop that car has, what offset the rims are and if that car has any driving issues being that low? Thanks for your time.

I see lots of beemers locally that drive around at that ride height but no has done a CTS properly yet with the right stance and wheel combo. I want to be the first

Hello,
    Yes that was one of our cars. That vehicle was lowered with a set of our prototype springs. The rims were from Zenetti for the 07 SEMA Show. I dont know what the offset was on those as they were pre-production wheels. Again this looks is VERY doable without major or even minor modifications.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Thank you,

Dr. Design

OK, thanks. Do you think I would be safe then getting a set of 22x8.5 MHT rims with 245 tires and stock offset and be able to drive it at that ride height? Thats probably a 1.5inch drop front, correct? Thanks.

Yes, that is a relatively safe combo. Are you getting 2-piece wheels?
    Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Yes, that is a relatively safe combo. Are you getting 2-piece wheels?
    Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    I'm going to get a set of the MHT Forged line wich I believe is a 3 piece rim??

I guess the question I should be asking you is if I get a 22x8.5 inch rim with the stock offset, do you think I will be able to slam the car as low as the white car and still use it as a daily driver? Sorry for the million questions, don't want to spend $6500 on wheels and tires and get something that doesn't fit! Thanks bud. Did you ever start making those drop springs that are on that white car?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.