FormulaOne Pinnacle 15 Tint - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, FormulaOne Pinnacle 15 Tint in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Tropic Window Tint in Union, NJ is the best in North Jersey. Everyone goes there if they have a nice ...
    carman5200 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: FormulaOne Pinnacle 15 Tint

Tropic Window Tint in Union, NJ is the best in North Jersey. Everyone goes there if they have a nice car. The tint goes right up to the windows edge, so it looks as though the window came like that. You go inside and there's just 2 guys who do the install. On the wall there's pics of all the sick cars they've done...ferrari's, lambo's, bentleys, porsches, sl55's, you name it, they've done it...lifetime warranty and all....very good place and its like $200-300...I got my 330ci done and it was $225. Got my dad's 530xi done and it was $285. I'm sure ours will be around the $285. I haven't gotten it done yet, b/c i'm still waiting for my car!!! any day now!!! but if anyone is interested in going there, lemme know and i can give you the number so you can set up the appt. they're definitely one of the best...

lavaman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, White, Auto, all options (Traded for a Tahoe)

Looks great Nick!

My car is at a shop as we speak.... getting 15 on rear window and rear door windows w/ 35 on front door windows.

although in IL it is also illeagal to tint the front door windows, I thought I may be overlooked if the law sees an obvious rear window tint compared to a far less obvoius front. We shall see.

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

Quote Originally Posted by lewisforjesus View Post
    Just drive down the road a ways, you can tell which ones were not done professionally.

Lewis
    "professional" pfffffft.

its not surgery. yes, i've seen crappy tint jobs too. patience & the willingness to rip it off & do it over separate the "pros" from the Joes.

ngiardina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS DI Fully Loaded, Magnaflow, CAI, F1 Tint, Rosen TVs

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    "professional" pfffffft.

its not surgery. yes, i've seen crappy tint jobs too. patience & the willingness to rip it off & do it over separate the "pros" from the Joes.
    right, guy. buy a cadillac and hack it up. gotcha.

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

eh, to each his own. i just dont like to pay someone to do something i know i can do myself. thats just me personally though. congrats on the tint, nick. hope you enjoy it & hope our boys in blue dont hassle you about it.

Thanks, bud. I hope it is easy on me. Have fun mowing the lan. I;ll be on the deck watching the landscaperss! LOL!

I love doing work myself, too. Check out my headrests post. Tint is too easy to screw up, and you and I can't purchase 54" wide rolls, let alone Formula One ceramic.

Black08CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS

Anyone have a pic of 35% stable gray all around? I currently have 35% metallic (black crhome) and hate the look and it interferes with the AM reception. So, I am taking it back on the 30th. In order to stay within the bounds fo the law, I have two options: 35% all the way around or 35% in the front and 20% in the rear.

proexpert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 Loaded

Looks good Nick.

JohnCTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI AWD NAV Radiant Bronze

All,

I do not have my manual on me, but I thought that tint was not recommended for some reason or other , XM, NAV reception, something like that. Does anyone remember that, or is it BS? I wanted to tint mine, but was concerned about the warning. Does any one have any problems when windows were tinted?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCTS4 View Post
    All,

I do not have my manual on me, but I thought that tint was not recommended for some reason or other , XM, NAV reception, something like that. Does anyone remember that, or is it BS? I wanted to tint mine, but was concerned about the warning. Does any one have any problems when windows were tinted?

Thanks.
    that is why i got ceramic tint. no interference issues.

lewisforjesus is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    "professional" pfffffft.

Like I said, you can tell which ones were (not) done professionally. A good one may have been done professionally or not, but a bad one definitely was (not).

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by lewisforjesus View Post
    Like I said, you can tell which ones were (not) done professionally. A good one may have been done professionally or not, but a bad one definitely was (not).
    Actually, most of the bad tint you see is not a result of the installer, but rather a result of the low quality of the tint used. Low quality tint will bubble, turn purple, peel and generally look bad after a couple of years of outdoor exposure.

Installing tint on a fairly flat window (such as those on the CTS) is not that difficult. You really need an experienced installer when you get a window like the rear window of a Corvette coupe tinted. The massive curves really separate the pros from the joes.

All this, of course, depends on being able to purchase a high quality tint. Per Nick, the Pinnacle ceramic tint is not available to the DIYer.

StormCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Hey Nick, I'm waiting on my chrome grill kit; thanks for the info on that! On your tint, do you see 'reflection lines' in your rear windshield where the film is putting a tiny 'hump' over the defroster wires? I got Pinnacle 35 done at FormulaOne and when I look at headlights and streetlights in the rearview, each wire creates a halo that obviously wasn't there before the tint, since the wires themselves don't reflect. I want to make sure there's no way for them to squeegie it down more to stop this, but that'd be a damn hard 'rub' over those wires.

Quote Originally Posted by StormCaddy View Post
    Hey Nick, I'm waiting on my chrome grill kit; thanks for the info on that! On your tint, do you see 'reflection lines' in your rear windshield where the film is putting a tiny 'hump' over the defroster wires? I got Pinnacle 35 done at FormulaOne and when I look at headlights and streetlights in the rearview, each wire creates a halo that obviously wasn't there before the tint, since the wires themselves don't reflect. I want to make sure there's no way for them to squeegie it down more to stop this, but that'd be a damn hard 'rub' over those wires.
    I do see refracted light off of the defroster lines. Unavoidable, though. Defrosters, antennae, and dot matrix are the bane of tint jobs. Mine is as perfect as I have ever seen.

StormCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

That's good to know. I didn't think they could have done better, but for $419, I wanted to make sure! Thanks for the feedback! Best, John.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.