Cadillac Owners Forum banner
16K views 66 replies 27 participants last post by  Cad44 
#1 ·
I was at my in-laws house this weekend, and it looks nice around there, so I took some pics. Just put on the chrome grille inserts and chrome body
accents. I love my car!

See less See more
#22 · (Edited)
Nick-

I added the chrome grille inserts and a polished stainless steel rear license plate surround. I think this result blends well with the Crystal Red color.

I didn't do the side chrome inserts for the recessed grooves along the bottom - I couldn't decide if I liked that look. But I do like how you have removed all the rear badging/emblems.

Attachments

#27 ·
i am getting it back tonight, but its not finished. all of the trunk panels are ripped out and being fiberglassed and sueded, i have an appointment in delaware for window tint on saturday, so i need the car, whole system should be done by august 1st

#41 ·
nick and i have the same taste and have done a lot of the same things. i debadged my cts.

i took some fishing string and used it to cut behind the badge. the badge will then fall off and you will have the tape remaining on the vehicle. there are quite a few things that you can use to get it off. i started getting it warm and soft with a hair dryer with the heat on high. this gets it nice and soft and you can usually just use your thumb, the skin part NOT you nail, and just rub it off. get as much off as possible. if there is some remaining, you can use wd-40, goo gone or any other adhesive remover to get it off. after the badge and sticker are off your car, wipe the area down so it is clean and smooth, then put a few coats of wax, polish or whatever you may use. i did two coats of zaino swirl remover, three coats of polish.

this is my third vehicle that i have debadged. its very easy to do, but dont rush it. it doesnt take long to do, but go slow so you avoid messing up your paint. it's easy and looks real clean. i will try to post pictures of my black cts in the next few days. been real busy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.