Nice 20" Staggered Wheel Setup - need your opinion - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Nice 20" Staggered Wheel Setup - need your opinion in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by albelee79 Your Photoshop Request semi fulfilled... Damn, I wish I could do that....
    KW5413 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI White Diamond

Re: Nice 20" Staggered Wheel Setup - need your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by albelee79 View Post
    Your Photoshop Request semi fulfilled...
    Damn, I wish I could do that.

05CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 & 2008 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by yatesd View Post
    Actually, I think it is inappropriate for anyone to expect a vendor to help them purchase somewhere else. Kind of like going into one store and asking questions about a product they intend to purchase from a competitor. The real question is why you would buy from anywhere that couldn't provide you the answer themselves?

IMHO D3 has been more than kind in trying to help out on generic questions not directly related to their product. If/when I purchase exhaust or intake options they will be first on my list. They are also a forum sponsor.
    All it takes is a couple people who have wheels to post the offset they have and than it's no big secret. Go on any other forum and I can damn near gurantee someone will tell you the offset to fit that car. Search the corvette forum for any gen and you'll find out within minutes.

I also agree that D3 has helped and ton and developed lots of exciting parts but they should be afraid to hide their technical data. I understand there are lots of pirates out there who copy others but like I said once the info is out, everyone and anyone can find it. How will D3's sales guys know if they are selling you the correct part if only the engineers have the correct info. His answer was a cop out.

yatesd is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by 05CTS View Post
    All it takes is a couple people who have wheels to post the offset they have and than it's no big secret. Go on any other forum and I can damn near gurantee someone will tell you the offset to fit that car.
    If it is so easy to get, then provide the information to the forum. I'm getting tired of you being so secretive.

If it is so easy to get, then provide the information to the forum. I'm getting tired of you being so secretive.
    I don't know who pissed in your wheaties today but I don't have rims. If I did have rims, I would let everyone know. Now wipe your nose off, you been up someones a$$ and it left a mark.

yatesd is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony

Good, I am glad you took the initiative instead of complaining why somebody else wouldn't do it.

Good, I am glad you took the initiative instead of complaining why somebody else wouldn't do it.
    I'm glad you have nothing else to do besides provoke people. Get a life.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,
    Thank you for the comments. Although providing everyone with the offsets would be helpful, it typically isnít required if someone is interested in buying our wheels. Unfortunately we have had "situations" in the past that has made us rather reluctant to provide too much information. Thatís the reason we post images of the wheels on the car. Hopefully you will notice that they are a nice tight fit. Providing you with the offset measurements isnít going to show you that. We are more than happy to help educate the forum members, but giving out our data shouldnít be expected of us.

Sorry if some of you donít agree, but we canít pay our engineers and technicians to gather this data just to give it away for free on the internet. We just want to assure all of you that if you purchase wheels through D3, they will be correct the first time and you will not have any fitment issues, guaranteed! If the wheel company you are dealing with cannot guarantee that, then you might want to look somewhere else for your wheels. Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

PapiBigRed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

You're the man! I'm going to start working on a calculating hypothetical offsets based on this. I don't have the tools and access to the hardware like others, but if I can figure it out, it has to help someone. Again, nice work digging this up (I recall seeing it at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,
    Thank you for the comments. Although providing everyone with the offsets would be helpful, it typically isnít required if someone is interested in buying our wheels. Unfortunately we have had "situations" in the past that has made us rather reluctant to provide too much information. Thatís the reason we post images of the wheels on the car. Hopefully you will notice that they are a nice tight fit. Providing you with the offset measurements isnít going to show you that. We are more than happy to help educate the forum members, but giving out our data shouldnít be expected of us.

Sorry if some of you donít agree, but we canít pay our engineers and technicians to gather this data just to give it away for free on the internet. We just want to assure all of you that if you purchase wheels through D3, they will be correct the first time and you will not have any fitment issues, guaranteed! If the wheel company you are dealing with cannot guarantee that, then you might want to look somewhere else for your wheels. Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    If a person buys a set of wheels from D3 and he post up info on the rims including the offset of the wheel, whats the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by PapiBigRed View Post
    You're the man! I'm going to start working on a calculating hypothetical offsets based on this. I don't have the tools and access to the hardware like others, but if I can figure it out, it has to help someone. Again, nice work digging this up (I recall seeing it at some point).
    I have 2 more people to search. If I find any info from the other 2, I'll post it up.

2007 ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

will post what i find when i get to sema in 2 weeks i havent put much time into taking a look or calling anyone in the wheel business just waiting to see if i want 20s or 22s its a very high offset i think about 40

There is no difference. We (D3 Cadillac) just will not post that information. If someone buys wheels from us and wants to post the information, then they are free to do so. There are a lot of companies that will "borrow" offset measurements based on other companies research not knowing why the measurement was the way it was. If you want to run big brakes at a later date (i.e. D3 Big Brake Kit or the 09 CTSV Big Brake System) we have all the measurements for it.

Sorry if you guys think we are dancing around the question....

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

If a person buys a set of wheels from D3 and he post up info on the rims including the offset of the wheel, whats the difference?

2007 ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

call superbuy tires or wsiaz.com they will know

Yeah they have it. We just provided them with some data for an STSV....

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 ESCALADE View Post
    call superbuy tires or wsiaz.com they will know

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.