Nice 20" Staggered Wheel Setup - need your opinion - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Nice 20" Staggered Wheel Setup - need your opinion in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Here you go... This car was just written up in Road & Track Magazine. Look for it on newstands now.... ...
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Re: Nice 20" Staggered Wheel Setup - need your opinion

Here you go...

This car was just written up in Road & Track Magazine. Look for it on newstands now....

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by hardc View Post
    Dr. Design show us more pics of that blue CTS! looks crazy!!

2007 ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

what size rear and front wheels are you running??
    20x10.5 offset???? with what tire size ???
    20x8.5 offset??? with what tire size???

also what about 22's ??? just got the car 2 days ago

synergy408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Here is the question of the day...can you run those 10.5's with a "real" drop?

D3, there still appears to be quite a bit of fender gap on that car even with the coilovers, so don't you think a 1.5 - 2" drop with your 10.5 setup will rub in the rear...and potentially the front given your offset?

Hello,
    Well that is a good question. The quick answer is YES. You can certainly lower the vehicle more than what we show here. The tires do not rub, nor do they go past the line of the fender. So if the vehicle is lowered more, you will not have a problem.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by synergy408 View Post
    Here is the question of the day...can you run those 10.5's with a "real" drop?

D3, there still appears to be quite a bit of fender gap on that car even with the coilovers, so don't you think a 1.5 - 2" drop with your 10.5 setup will rub in the rear...and potentially the front given your offset?

endo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI Black Raven

Dr. Design: What are the wheel and tire spec on that Blue CTS?

Hello,
    The Blue CTS uses a 19x8.5" front wrapped in a 235/35/ZR19 and 19x10.5" rears wrapped in 295/30/ZR19. The tires used during this test session were the Toyo R888's. So our tire sizes were a little limited given the production cycle of this tire. We would normally run a 9" wide in the front with a 245 or 255 tire.

Please let us know if there are any questions.
    Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Dr. Design: What are the wheel and tire spec on that Blue CTS?

endo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI Black Raven

Thanks for the info. I was planning on getting the same setup but in the front I was thinking about 19 x 9 and the rear 19 x 10.

Hello,
    That would not be a problem at all as the vehicle will support a 19x9 in the front. Obviously the rear is not an issue at all. Please let us know if there are any questions.

p.s. We have been getting a lot of requests for our wheel offerings to be photoshop'd on 08 CTS'. If you have something you would like to see, please let us know and we can see about doing it for you.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was planning on getting the same setup but in the front I was thinking about 19 x 9 and the rear 19 x 10.

05CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 & 2008 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,
    The Blue CTS uses a 19x8.5" front wrapped in a 235/35/ZR19 and 19x10.5" rears wrapped in 295/30/ZR19. The tires used during this test session were the Toyo R888's. So our tire sizes were a little limited given the production cycle of this tire. We would normally run a 9" wide in the front with a 245 or 255 tire.

Please let us know if there are any questions.
    Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    What's the offset. Thanks.

2007 ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

whats the size for 20's
    rear 20x10.0 rear offset???
    front 20x8.5 front offset??????
    what are the tires sizes you guys ar running anyone done this???

Sorry guys, I dont have the offset...Our engineers have that information. Sales guys dont get that info... =)

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Here is an image that someone asked us to photoshop some wheels on. Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

PapiBigRed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

I totally respect and appreciate what D3 has done for both this forum and the CTS. I really think that they along with some other leaders in this community are giving us casual owners a lot of GREAT ideas and options for our cars. However, I have watched Dr. Design dodge the offset question a multitude of times because if we have the offset, we can utilize other vendors. If the D3 products/wheels are that far superior, then they would be able to provide an offset recommendation the first time they were asked. I'm not hating on you guys, you guys do a TON for the forum, but not knowing the offset when you know everything else about the vehicle is pretty silly. Have confidence in your product, tell us consumers what the offset is and tell us why your wheels are the way to go.

yatesd is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by PapiBigRed View Post
    I totally respect and appreciate what D3 has done for both this forum and the CTS. I really think that they along with some other leaders in this community are giving us casual owners a lot of GREAT ideas and options for our cars. However, I have watched Dr. Design dodge the offset question a multitude of times because if we have the offset, we can utilize other vendors. If the D3 products/wheels are that far superior, then they would be able to provide an offset recommendation the first time they were asked. I'm not hating on you guys, you guys do a TON for the forum, but not knowing the offset when you know everything else about the vehicle is pretty silly. Have confidence in your product, tell us consumers what the offset is and tell us why your wheels are the way to go.
    Actually, I think it is inappropriate for anyone to expect a vendor to help them purchase somewhere else. Kind of like going into one store and asking questions about a product they intend to purchase from a competitor. The real question is why you would buy from anywhere that couldn't provide you the answer themselves?

IMHO D3 has been more than kind in trying to help out on generic questions not directly related to their product. If/when I purchase exhaust or intake options they will be first on my list. They are also a forum sponsor.

PapiBigRed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

First, I want you congratulate you on your clever use of the smilies. Second, I want to remind you, and your "real question", that a misinformed vendor and buyer is what started this thread. Do you recall? An informed consumer is ultimately what a quality vendor wants, not hostages. If we don't know what an offset needs to be, then how can we evaluate one vendor against another. If that's not important to you, then I've got all kinds of stuff I would like to sell to you!

Again, I think D3 is excellent in their innovation and forum support. I like their body kits and performance parts, but I'm not thrilled with their wheels. Hopefully that doesn't hurt their feelings because customer feedback is the key to business growth and success (I'll save Business 101 for later).

Quote Originally Posted by yatesd View Post
    Actually, I think it is inappropriate for anyone to expect a vendor to help them purchase somewhere else. Kind of like going into one store and asking questions about a product they intend to purchase from a competitor. The real question is why you would buy from anywhere that couldn't provide you the answer themselves?

IMHO D3 has been more than kind in trying to help out on generic questions not directly related to their product. If/when I purchase exhaust or intake options they will be first on my list. They are also a forum sponsor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.