Nice 20" Staggered Wheel Setup - need your opinion - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Nice 20" Staggered Wheel Setup - need your opinion in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; do they make those wheels in 18's and 19's or just 20's and up?...
    badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

Re: Nice 20" Staggered Wheel Setup - need your opinion

do they make those wheels in 18's and 19's or just 20's and up?

lordbaby is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS DI FE3 PDQ Crystal Red/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by synergy408 View Post
    Correct, and yes that is a good idea. They are located in Costa Mesa, CA. PM me your info.
    sorry havent reply you soon, since i hvnt visit the forum in the past few days.
    i actually went to costa mesa yesterday. i will pm you my email now.

synergy408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have an email into the wheel mfr to get an understanding of the right offset for the 20X10 staggered setup. As soon as I hear anything I will let everyone know.

LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

WOW those will be awesome I would probably stick with the 2 piece for the simple reason that you can avoid having rivets

albelee79 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I dont think you will be able to get a 20x10 setup...20 x 9.5 is also impossible unless you roll and fenders and even then, it will still rub

Quote Originally Posted by albelee79 View Post
    I dont think you will be able to get a 20x10 setup...20 x 9.5 is also impossible unless you roll and fenders and even then, it will still rub
    Actually you can mount 10.5's in the rear of the 08 CTS based on some of the research I have been doing on this subject...its all about the offset and type of wheel. Some of the new one piece and three piece wheels with the 120 bolt pattern can achieve a 10" rear w/o any rolling and can accomodate lowered suspension as well. D3, Wheel Executives and HDM who are all board sponsors have achieved such results.

albelee79 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Really? At what offsets is this possible? When I look at the clearance of the wheel well, I dont see this as possible...Perhaps someone can educate all of us on how this is done...It would open a whole lot more possibilities in wheel selection.

arnie_cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 Cadillac CTS 3.6DI

Hey there.....I am a little curious too about the wheel offsets
    I went to this so called "wheel expert" here and he said its better to stick with 8.5 at the back just because there is not room in the rear to play with..
    unless you roll the fenders

however I do want prove him wrong...so a 10.5 would be the maximum width without rolling the fenders?..

I am looking for a 20inch set with 9.5 width or more at the back ...I just wanted to know from you guys whats the safest maximum width I can go at....and also what offset

Thnx alot guys

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

If this wheel expert told you that you can only run 8.5 in the rear.... RUN! You can most certainly run 10.5" in the rear. We have done it time and time again.

Show him this picture and see if there is any room in there for 10.5.

By the way this is a 295 in the rear!! No mods, no rubbing, NOTHING. Just a great fitting wheel.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_cts View Post
    Hey there.....I am a little curious too about the wheel offsets
    I went to this so called "wheel expert" here and he said its better to stick with 8.5 at the back just because there is not room in the rear to play with..
    unless you roll the fenders

however I do want prove him wrong...so a 10.5 would be the maximum width without rolling the fenders?..

I am looking for a 20inch set with 9.5 width or more at the back ...I just wanted to know from you guys whats the safest maximum width I can go at....and also what offset

Thnx alot guys

el guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So what size 20 can i put for the front and what is the rear size. Offset. i want to put some Vertini Hennessey 20x 8.5 front and a 20 x 10 for the rear, Will they fit and what offset is needed? Also what tire can i mount.
    Attached Images

hardc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dr. Design show us more pics of that blue CTS! looks crazy!!

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

By the way, while wider rear wheels and tires may fit and look great, with the stock suspension it will alter the handling balance and induce more understeer. The adjustable suspension offered by D3 can certainly ameliorate this, but if one doesn't want to go to that level, I would consider keeping the wheels and tires equal front to rear, whatever sizes one chooses. This car certainly doesn't need more understeer.

Hey El Guy- nice wheel choice, however it is not as simple as ordering a 20X10 in the rear and a 20X8.5 in the front (which is the right spec). Most wheel companies will need to custom make your wheels using the correct offset otherwise you will have rubbing and fitment issues. It goes way beyond bolt patterns...D3 can explain more, but this is surely a topic that I have spent hours researching. I have been on the hunt for the "right staggered setup" for the CTS for some time now...

rollinincaddys is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ok i got 20's on my car with 8.5 with 2 inch lip in the front and 10 with 3.5 inch lip in the back . would recommend going with a 3 inch lip in the back cuz my rear wheel is .5 inches out the cars fender. you can go ass wide as you want but make sure ur lip is 3 inches

arnie_cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 Cadillac CTS 3.6DI

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    If this wheel expert told you that you can only run 8.5 in the rear.... RUN! You can most certainly run 10.5" in the rear. We have done it time and time again.

Show him this picture and see if there is any room in there for 10.5.

By the way this is a 295 in the rear!! No mods, no rubbing, NOTHING. Just a great fitting wheel.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    Hahahaha...thats what I did...I RAN!!...this "expert" also said that if he did put 10.5 he would have to put thinner tires...but clearly 295 says enough

I just need to know the offset range though...also looking for a 20" wheel which has the spokes runing all the way to the edge, or rather without a lip so it appears as big as a 22inch.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.