After Market Fog Lights - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, After Market Fog Lights in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; i ordered my bezels from that gmdirect website. i forget the name. i think the cost me around 100. i ...
    badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

Re: After Market Fog Lights

i ordered my bezels from that gmdirect website. i forget the name. i think the cost me around 100. i ordered them in june or so.

badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

haha, most likely wont be in canada anytime soon. sorry bout that, eh

CTSsilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by yourgmsolutions View Post
    ok, here is more info.
    in order to make it as factory as possible, I'm going to shw you guys how to replace switch for the new one that comes with fog light switch.

Wow great stuff... Tell me if I understand this. I can replace the turn signal-light switch with the OME with fog lights, Run the wire from the BCM to a relay and a wire to the fogs and they will work like they came from the factory? Thanks mutch...

cts2008lover is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Can someone post item# for the turn signal-light switch with the OME with fog lights ?

bigbluez71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

does anyone still have the write up pictures for this? i just received my hid headlight housing and bezels with fogs and should be installing them by this weekend. also what can i do about the wiring? I want them to be on with my low and high beams and a friend of mine sells the hids kit for them cheap to match the headlights. btw i have an 09 cts base model

scoutpilot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 08

you need a new wiring harness to do a full OEM installation, especially if you want full functionality from your HIDs. Otherwise, you'll need to tie them into the low beam circuit.

bigbluez71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

where can i get the wiring harness for the fogs?

caddieboy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS White Diamond base, 1992 Brougham White/White 5.7

I'm interested in doing this as well but all the pictures no linger link and even the weblinks no longer link to the original sites.

http://www.lockpicksolutions.com/200...s_install.html

is dead.

blg1936 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Good info, I am going to install fog lights also. Do you have the GM part number?

Thanks,

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Has anyone found a source for the pictures. I want to do this install but would like the pics to make it easier.

1ati2de is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Can someone re-post the pictures for this?

LLingard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

I'm not sure I can help but I've done this so far on an 09 CTS FE1 suspension (FE2 gives you that option) as some others have done as well. You can remove the black plastic filler and the OEM will fit in with no issues, removal of lower panel beneath front end will provide access (2 bolts and about 10 pushpins). Remove a spring clip and old part can be remove from the front. Insert fog lamp assembly into tabs and slots for alignment and secure with 2 screws for each lamp. Replace the new chrome bezel the same way you removed the old black plastic one. On the 09 there is no wiring from the BCM to the fuse block to run anything regarding the fog lamps, however the wiring is there from the signal lever to the BCM, so if you change out he multifunction lever the tell tale will light on the cluster but will not operate the fog lamps (THIS REQUIRES REPROGRAMMING THE BCM FOR T96 AND THE DEALER HAS NOT GOT THE SOFTWARE TO DO THIS AT LEAST THATS WHAT THEY ARE TELLING ME.) So with that in mind you need your own switch, harness, fuse and relay. How you choose to do that is up to you.

1ati2de is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by LLingard View Post
    I'm not sure I can help but I've done this so far on an 09 CTS FE1 suspension (FE2 gives you that option) as some others have done as well. You can remove the black plastic filler and the OEM will fit in with no issues, removal of lower panel beneath front end will provide access (2 bolts and about 10 pushpins). Remove a spring clip and old part can be remove from the front. Insert fog lamp assembly into tabs and slots for alignment and secure with 2 screws for each lamp. Replace the new chrome bezel the same way you removed the old black plastic one. On the 09 there is no wiring from the BCM to the fuse block to run anything regarding the fog lamps, however the wiring is there from the signal lever to the BCM, so if you change out he multifunction lever the tell tale will light on the cluster but will not operate the fog lamps (THIS REQUIRES REPROGRAMMING THE BCM FOR T96 AND THE DEALER HAS NOT GOT THE SOFTWARE TO DO THIS AT LEAST THATS WHAT THEY ARE TELLING ME.) So with that in mind you need your own switch, harness, fuse and relay. How you choose to do that is up to you.
    Thanks for the info. Can you just tap into the headlights for power?

LLingard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

You can tap into just about anything you want to BUT remember you will be adding a burden to that circuit. I have mine set up similar to OEM but not using the multifunction switch as I couldn't get the BCM programmed. I used an add-a-circuit to the spare fuse (low beam headlamp) and used a 5 amp fuse to run it - you will find further info in another thread called adding fog lamps to non performance - bottom line is add-a-circuit from underhood fuse block is ignition fed and goes to terminal 85 of the relay, terminal 86 of the relay goes to the switch you choose, terminal 87 (15amp fuse) of the relay goes to the positive side of the fog lamps, negative side of the fog lamps goes directly to ground, terminal 30 of the relay (20 amp fuse) goes directly to a battery terminal. Basically the OEM is live all the time and when you close the switch it completes the circuit to ground and I set mine up the same. I'm still looking for a way around the BCM programming - there has to be a tech out there that knows how to make the OEM switch work with the added circuit between the BCM and the fuse block. Hope the info helps.

Dajudge55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2011 SRX, 1989 Allante

Fog lite P/N 25808666 2each
    Chrome Bezel P/N 15904575 R/H
    Chrome Bezel P/N 15904574 L/H

ON /Off Switch is easy enough.

How to install is another answer I also need.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.