After Market Fog Lights - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, After Market Fog Lights in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; i can't wait to see the pictures!...
    badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

Re: After Market Fog Lights

i can't wait to see the pictures!

cts2008lover is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/pg...5Fd3Ig=/large/
    While we are waiting I found this pic.

yourgmsolutions is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

MidLifeinMI is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6DI AWD

Oooh, just some of it?!?!? We can'ts waits...

"To be continued"? Eek.

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

yourgmsolutions, nice write-up with pictures. I'm sure this will help those that don't have the T96 fog lamps on their car and want to install factory looking fog lights.

Ron Price is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yourgmsolutions, I agree, nice write up and great pictures. Since my last post I ordered the bezels and the fog lights. I got my local dealer to match the GM Parts direct price. I had to pay sales tax but don't mind that if I can use my local dealer. The cost for both bezels and the two factory fog lights and sales tax cost me just under $260. I didn't order the switch since I couldn't use it anyway. The wiring harness in the CTS without the HID headlights and fog lights is evidently a diffetent harness so even if it worked for the fog lights it wouldn't work for the headlights.

This is what I did. My local dealers accessory shop told me that they would install the lights for $200. This included two relays at $4.27 each and two connectors PN 12085498 at $30.09 each. The factory fog lights do not have any wires coming from them hence you need to use the connectors to hook into the fog lights. The mechanic took the front clip off since he spliced into the low beam headlight wire and then put heat shrink around the connection and then a fused hot wire from the same battery connection you show in your photos. This way the fog lights come on with the low beam. This also means that since the low beam is on with the high beams, that the fog lights are on all the time. I did check a new car at the dealer and the same is true for the factory fog lights. The only difference is that I can't disable mine. So far I see no problem with that.

I also talked to a Cadillac rep who was at the local dealers to do some training about the warranty. He said that since the Cadillac dealer was installing factory lights, they would be warranteed just like any dealer installed accessory. So, it is all covered by the factory warranty should I have any problems.

One thougt, there is no bulb to replace in your fog lights should they burn out. Also, no easy way to replace the lights. So, should one burn out figure about $200 to get it replaced.

^^^ Ron, unfortunatly person who did your install, does not know how to configure relays, or may be did not want to. ( to save time)
    You can have your fog light come one with your head lights and still turn them off with on/off switch when you want to. Or you can have only fog lights to come on. and then have back again together with headlights. 1 more relay and on/off switch need it to do that
    BTW. I can still replace light bulb on fog lights that I installed. I am just curious, what made you think that I could not?

Diagram below shows that
    1. Fog Lights will turn on or off with your headlight
    2. Switch will turn them off, but headlights are still on

badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

all i can say is wow! thanks so much guys. yourgmsolutions, amazing work and information you provided. i really appreciate it. i am gonna start getting the parts together and get things going.

Thanks for all, would you please show me where/how you run wire from outside to inside?
    I'd like to know the best place, so I can put a switch inside.

Ron Price is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yourgmsolutions, I didn't mean that you couldn't change your bulbs, but that the factory fog lights don't have a bulb to replace. The person that did my lights did say that he could run a switch for me but I was afraid that he might mess up something in the interior and didn't feel that I really needed one. If I do change my mind, I can always run one. I also thought that I might forget to turn them on. As I said earlier, had I seen the details of your post before I had mine put in, I would probably have done the install myself. I guess that's what I get for being in such a hurry. Thanks again for the great article and maybe next you can tell/show me an easy way to change my steering wheel to one with wood trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Price View Post
    Yourgmsolutions, I didn't mean that you couldn't change your bulbs, but that the factory fog lights don't have a bulb to replace. The person that did my lights did say that he could run a switch for me but I was afraid that he might mess up something in the interior and didn't feel that I really needed one. If I do change my mind, I can always run one. I also thought that I might forget to turn them on. As I said earlier, had I seen the details of your post before I had mine put in, I would probably have done the install myself. I guess that's what I get for being in such a hurry. Thanks again for the great article and maybe next you can tell/show me an easy way to change my steering wheel to one with wood trim.
    I have a exelent news for You. I did a lot of research resently on this.

This is what You have

This is what You need

Now,
    1. You are going to need a pin with wire to insert in one of the BCM Connectors
    2. underneath the hood, where fuses are, Fog lamp relay and fuse is already there. just need to add 2 wires. or you can avoid it by simply running through relay that your dealer installed.
    If You deside to redo it, let me know and I give you more details

Now,
    1. You are going to need a pin with wire to insert in one of the BCM Connectors
    2. underneath the hood, where fuses are, Fog lamp relay and fuse is already there. just need to add 2 wires. or you can avoid it by simply running through relay that your dealer installed.
    If You deside to redo it, let me know and I give you more details

This is great!
    I found the Fog Lamp Relay and Fuse on the fuse box but I was not sure how they get used(FE1).
    Would you please give us more details.

Quote Originally Posted by cts2008lover View Post

This is great!
    I found the Fog Lamp Relay and Fuse on the fuse box but I was not sure how they get used(FE1).
    Would you please give us more details.
    there is one wire missing on the fog relay. that's the wire needs ru from BCM into the Fog Relay. However it's very difficult to do. You'll have to dissasemble the whole fuse box. I did it once, and never want to do it again. I have another solution, sometimes next week when I do one, I'll document it and post it

Mr Snappy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I must say, this is a truly amazing home installed mod and it looks like it was done at the factory.

I did not see this thread before I took a different path. I was sure I could install the bezels and even the lights, but did not want a parts-store switch in my interior.

I will post pictures shortly, but I went to a forum vendor and bought the chrome grill covers for the black grills in the front. They turned out great.

My biggest issue was that I was jealous of the lower chrome look on the front fascia, not the actual use of fog lights. I wish I had read this thread before my install adventure, because I only removed half of the plastic clips that I should have. The result was I was able to get my hands in to mount the new chrome screens, but my arms hurt for a week where I had to contort them to get to where I needed to be....and it took me 2.5 hours to do a job that should have taken 30 minutes.

The good news is that they came out looking great. Pictures to follow shortly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.