After Market Fog Lights - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, After Market Fog Lights in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; "$100 factory look foglamps"? The oem chrome fog light cover costs $60 each. Would you please post some pics?...
    cts2008lover is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: After Market Fog Lights

"$100 factory look foglamps"? The oem chrome fog light cover costs $60 each.
    Would you please post some pics?

badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

i just called Desimone Cadillac, the dealership where I bought my CTS at and the parts manager was telling me that he could order the chrome bezel foglamp housing for $73.00 for the left and $73.00 for the right. It would come to $146.00 total. That would just be for the "look". There would not be foglights that work in them. How come they are $13.00 higher than priced above? Where can I get them for $60.00? I feel ripped off from my dealership. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Call Lindsay Cadillac (see add on the right side of page). They seem to have pretty good parts prices.

thanks Zymurgy.

yourgmsolutions, could you please tell us more indepth of what you did to your foglights? could you post pictures please? thanks!

yourgmsolutions is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by badblkcts View Post
    yourgmsolutions, could you please tell us more indepth of what you did to your foglights? could you post pictures please? thanks!
    1. chrome bezel foglamp housing --> paid $80 for a set of 2
    2. then went to few local autoparts store and bought $40 medium size fog lamps (no offense, they did a better job then cadillac stock ones)
    3. I scuffed chrome on the back of the housing and using plastic weld, made and attached brackets for aftermarket fog lamps
    4. ran wires inside , intalled small on and off switch, and that was it
    I did not have to remove bumper . just dropped plastic housing from underneath of the vehicle ( just few clips) and that was enough to remove old housings and reinstall new ones.
    Next time I do it again, I will take some pics

thanks so much for the info. do u know where i can purchase the set of bezels for $80?

Quote Originally Posted by badblkcts View Post
    thanks so much for the info. do u know where i can purchase the set of bezels for $80?
    I really don't know.
    I have extra sets and I can share. plus what ever shipping is

Ron Price is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have been checking today on getting fog lights installed. I was quoted $99 a piece for the fog lamps, and $60 a piece for the Chrome Bezels. The switch on the light stalk was $50 dollars. This was from the local dealer.

I found out that the dealer's accessory shop was in the process of installing fog lights for one of their current customers. I talked to the person doing the install and he said that the entire front clip/bumper has to come off to remove the old black pieces and install the new chrome bezels and fog lamps. He also said that there was no wiring harness to plug the fog light wires into. This was a 2008 CTS that just came in and hasn't yet been delivered to the customer. So I don't think you would need the switch. He was splicing into the headlight harness (low beam) to run the fog lights. He quoted me $200 labor to do the install. So far I haven't found anyone who could tell me if it is even possible to purchase the required wiring harness if you want to go totally factory.

I just checked the part numbers I received from the Cadillac dealer with GM Parts Direct and here is what I found.

Part # 25808666 fog light $62.40 x2= 124.80 + $27.46 S&H total $152.26
    Part # 15904574 Bezel $37.44 + $8.24 S&H total $45.68
    Part # 15904575 Bezel $37.44 + $8.24 S&H total $45.68
    Part # 25952144 Switch $26.83 + $5.90 S&H total $32.73

.................................................. ............Total $276.35

I will check this out with Lindsay Cadillac to see what they can do for me and to ensure that the part numbers are correct. Maybe they can shed some light about the wiring harness. So far it looks like I'll get the two bezels, the two fog lights and then just have them spliced into the low beam headlight wiring. This way I won't need a switch and the fog lights will always be on with the low beams.

Thoughts/comments? Is there an easier/better way? Does anyone know for sure if you can install the lights without removing the front clip on the 2008 CTS?

Thanks for posting part#. I should check GM Part Direct.

And, I found this buss fuse.
    http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=7970

I think this is really good option for DIY fog lights.

Ron Price is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by yourgmsolutions View Post
    1. chrome bezel foglamp housing --> paid $80 for a set of 2
    2. then went to few local autoparts store and bought $40 medium size fog lamps (no offense, they did a better job then cadillac stock ones)
    3. I scuffed chrome on the back of the housing and using plastic weld, made and attached brackets for aftermarket fog lamps
    4. ran wires inside , intalled small on and off switch, and that was it
    I did not have to remove bumper . just dropped plastic housing from underneath of the vehicle ( just few clips) and that was enough to remove old housings and reinstall new ones.
    Next time I do it again, I will take some pics
    Yourgmsolutions, what wiring did you run? Can you tell me exactly how you set your foglights up and if you are satisfied with them? I have ordered the bezels and the fog lights and I am trying to decide how to have them wired. Any advice you can give me will be appreciated.

Anyone else add foglights to their 08 CTS? If so, please give me the benefit of your experience. Thanks!!!

Like I said earlier no need to remove bumper.
    just remove few clips that hold plastic cover from underneath the car. and then you can reach to back side of the bezels
    plastic peice that you want to remove to replace/install fog lights bezel has a clip. take small head screw driver and pull locking pin that hold the clip. then just pull the whole bezel out. take all those clips out and put them on your new bezel. put it back and push the locking clip back.
    more pics coming

Nice Pictures!

I was little bit afraid if I have to remove the front bumper to install bezels. Now I am feeling much better. Thanks.
    Oh! And, I opened my fuse box and found a Fog Light Relay and a Fog Light Fuse. I know I don't have the fog light switch inside.
    I can't wait.. My fog lights are on the way.

train55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS, Lincoln MKX

Great pictures and installation suggestions.

I did install of fog lights yesterday. (without removing bumper or anything else)
    almost 500 megs of pictures. now I just need to sort them out, edit them and post it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.