Cadillac Owners Forum banner

LS6 With Supercharger Or Turbo

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BaMaDuDe87 
#1 ·
I've spent awhile looking around these forums on this subject and the general consensus seems to be that turboing or supercharging the 2005 LS6 CTS-V is difficult because of the lack of space under the hood. Very few people seem to have attempted it and I can't seem to find any kits available for purchase.

Is this correct?

I'm looking to spend about $1-2k in parts in order to get around 100 extra WHP.

Fabrication, labor etc. not an issue. If the hood needs to be modded to fit parts under it then so be it.

Does anyone have a general guide handy for either turboing or supercharging these cars, or know of anyone selling kits or units that are compatible and reasonably priced?

I am considering NOS as there are kits available but maybe selling the car and getting something more moddable before accidentally melting the engine down is a better idea.

Is NOS able to be done reliably on these cars? How risky is it both on wear and tear and the possibility of a fire?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Very few attempts at turbocharging these have been recorded in the forums over the years.

Almost all FI on these motors were achieved via maggies (Magnuson superchargers). However that kit is no longer being made, but you may be able to find it on the used market here and there.

I would think 100 HP could be managed via proper bolt-ons, intake, headers, cam, tuning, etc.

#3 ·
It's not THAT hard but the only way to get 100 to the tire for that money will be cam and intake and/or heads (carefully selected), as well as long tubes if you don't have them already. You will need a proper tune to make it work, 500-600 typically. On a 10+ year old car, you will find other needed maintenance and repairs while you're in there. You will also break things more often and valve springs will become a maintenance item. Speed costs money, now and ongoing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.