Just Completed Our 2006 LS2 CTS-V Dyno Tune...Dyno Sheet Here!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Just Completed Our 2006 LS2 CTS-V Dyno Tune...Dyno Sheet Here!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Does having a dyno tune void any warranties. LAPD, Can you recommend anyone in Dallas?...
    Whiteknights is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Just Completed Our 2006 LS2 CTS-V Dyno Tune...Dyno Sheet Here!!!

Does having a dyno tune void any warranties. LAPD, Can you recommend anyone in Dallas?

DILLIGAF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknights
    Does having a dyno tune void any warranties. LAPD, Can you recommend anyone in Dallas?
    21st century muscle cars is a first class operation IMO.If your worried about warranty issues you could buy a 2nd pcm.My dealer loves my stealthv tune,some dealers are dicks though.Parker goes to a different place in Dallas,I forget the name, pm him for his speel.

L.A.P.D. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V, 2007 Escalade

BBV,

I can email you another dyno sheet with a bigger A/F graph. This is the way we normally print out the graphs as most people like to see a very large HP/TQ run over the A/F graph.

rp64ctsv,

We have dyno tested several CTS-Vs and while ours was a bit higher from the beginning, it looks like we were either very lucky or our break-in procedure was responsible in getting us higher numbers. Either way, gains will vary from car to car. Come to think of it, most of the 2006 LS2 CTS-Vs that we have had on the dyno have all pretty much been in the low to mid 340 rwhp range, so we are right there!

Whiteknights,

I don't see how a GM dealer would know if you had the car dyno tuned. We have a GM Tech II in house and are tied into GM's TIS 2000 database and we have tried to see if a GM Tech II would detect any changes in the PCM programming and we were unable to find any tables in the Tech II that would indicate such to any dealership personnel. As long as you don't tell them that the car was tuned, you should be on the safe side. 21st Century is a very good shop and I am sure they can tune Vs, but I don't know if they have the 2006 LS2 CTS-V software as of yet. You may want to contact John Page over there and ask him. He is a very nice guy to work with.

Shawn

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

you guys (and anyone really) is welcome to post files here:

http://www.clubcts.com/upload

There are instructions on how to link pictures to the forums when you upload.. 5 mb files are accepted (jpegs).

What was the bone stock numbers on this ls2 out of curiousity?

Reed

Oniix21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

lets get a group buy going!!

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.P.D.
    Bill,

Email me so I can email you the dyno graph so we can get it uploaded for all to see.

Thanks!

Shawn
    Shawn,

I edited your post to include the pic

Yes, attaching images here requires them to be a certain size. Use a free uploader like imageshack.us (copy/paste that to a new browser), browse to the file, and upload it. Copy/paste the thumbnail for forums #1 link

ctsvett,

The first run is displayed on the dyno sheet which is what the car made bone stock. When the car was super cold and the weather outside was around 60 degrees, the car made more power, but it has consistently made around 345 rwhp like the dyno sheet shows.

Once the weather heated up to 100+ temps, we were never able to duplicate the higher numbers again so the first run is what the car made repeatedly in bone stock form.

Oniix21,

We can get a GP going. All we need is guys to sign up and we will give a forum special price as long as we get enough guys in!

urbanski,

Thank you sir. It is much appreciated.

CTSVman,

Call it what you want. As I stated in my response to ctsvette, when the car was super cold and the weather outside was around 60 degrees, the car made more power, but it made the higher numbers two times back to back and after that it never made those numbers again. It has consistently made around 345 rwhp like the dyno sheet shows and it is based on our changing weather patterns. If we could have duplicated 60 degree weather when the car was tuned yesterday, I am sure we would have made more power than we did. Our weather is terrible right now and tuning is very difficult to do when it is 100+ outside.

We dyno tested the car a total of almost 40 times and the bone stock numbers we achieved were always consistently in the 345 rwhp range. The weather really changed how the car ran overall. I can post every single dyno run of the car if you feel that "something is fishy."

If anyone wants to test our credibility or ability, I invite local CTS-V forum members to come by and drive our CTS-V and they will see that it really is a much smoother and better overall performing car. Another option is to have us dyno tune the car which will include a baseline run so we can see the before and after numbers. Once you drive the car afterwards, you will see the benefit.

Shawn

Oniix21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thank you shawn, and i cant wait, i hope u get enough people and we get the GP

blown black caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Swapped CTS-V for Camaro ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by CTSVman
    I seem to remember a few members getting banned over the controversey.

So are you a tuner by chance? This is not my first time having a car on a dyno. I had numerous dyno runs when I had my 96 Mustang Cobra to verify different mods before and after, and have seen first hand dyno operators fudge numbers to impress the uninformed. I have had my car dyno tuned at L.A.P.D. and am very happy with it. I will go out there again when the temps drop out here in So Cal to dyno again to get more real world numbers. Very hard to get high numbers to impress when it's a 102 degrees in the shop? There's more to a dyno tune than peak numbers. I received an accurate fuel table, !cags elimination, Wheel/tire resizing after changing to aftermarket wheels, etc. It is my belief that people are confusing the 04-05 LS6 numbers that were slightly lower when compared to the newer LS2 engine. Compare other 06's baseline and then lets see how they are adding up?

Oniix21,

Let's get the GP going!!! You and everyone else that gets our dyno tuning service will love their CTS-V all over again!

blown black caddy,

Thank you for the support and the kind words.

There is a reason why people get banned off the forums. That is really all I have to say on the matter. Conduct is everything.

Shawn

BBV
    BBV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by blown black caddy
    Compare other 06's baseline and then lets see how they are adding up?
    Here is my '06 LS2 baseline:

mat320 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Hi sir.

I can't open your dyno sheet. I'm so anxious to see a stock cts-v ls2 dyno graph. I have a lot of difficulty to find a stock dyno test.

I would appreciated if you could give me a place where i can download this test.

THANKS A LOT !!

Mathieu

jballer88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 Black Raven CTS-V

I didnt think there was a top speed limiter to remove on the V, isn't the speed just maxed out by the end of 5th gear at stock power, like 163 or something.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by mat320 View Post
    Hi sir.

I can't open your dyno sheet. I'm so anxious to see a stock cts-v ls2 dyno graph. I have a lot of difficulty to find a stock dyno test.

I would appreciated if you could give me a place where i can download this test.

THANKS A LOT !!

Mathieu
    Did you realize that was posted over 3 years ago?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

lmao

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.