Cadillac Owners Forum banner

stock axle question

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  darkman 
#1 · (Edited)
I saw the attached picture today. Its a picture of factory V2 CV axles and I wondered.

Use the short thick axle from the 06/07 (passenger side) in conjunction with the long skinny axle 04/05 (driver side). Would it qwell hop?

Its the same premise as the antihop axle bars, just using stock parts. Ever recall seeing a thread of this being tried? Couldn't figure out how to search it.

V2 axles...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It has been tried several times. It failed to significantly affect wheel hop. There simply is not enough difference in the harmonics between those two axles. The 2004-2005 had 1.25 inch diameter axles, and the 2005-2007 had 1.50 inch diameter axles. Both are hollow.

#4 ·
I don't know the relative lengths, but the difference is not a lot. I know this only because I tried to install the passenger side on the driver's side once, and it would almost fit. I also do not know the diameter of the Geforce axles. If I recall correctly my Hendrix 1,000HP axles were both larger in diameter than the 2006 axles which they replaced on my V (I had already upgraded from the 2005 oem units.) Both the GeForce and Hendrix axle achieve different rotational harmonics and strength using better metal (300M in the Hendrix) as well as solid vs. hollow construction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.