Front shocks...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Front shocks... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So it's time for some front shocks and our choices are a bit limited. Stock replacement seems to be the ...
    ctsv247 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Front shocks...

So it's time for some front shocks and our choices are a bit limited.

Stock replacement seems to be the best overall alternative for a daily driver. Wanting to go GM but am a little concerned about the part numbers.

From what I can tell a 19150079 is the OE part number but on rock auto it showing a 19150079 is the same as a 540250 which appears to be a generic replacement shock.

Are there any true fe4 replacements out there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Front shocks...

Call Luke @ Lindsay. He will get you straightened out and usually the best price on parts.
    odla likes this.

I've called and emailed Lindsay but nobody's ever returned my call...

hmmmm

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

That's not like them. Stock is great for a dd.

The first time I emailed via their website and asked someone to respond because I had a long list....never heard anything back, figured the email went to a generic mailbox somewhere and blew it off. The second time I called on the phone and but everyone was busy so I left message and never heard back. Didn't need anything in particular really, I was just price shopping so I wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for a reply. I just got everything off amazon instead.....

Time to give them another shot I guess.....

69stangscj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan, 69 Mustang Mach I

Amazon $76.67 with free shipping.

I'm afraid the Delco 540250 is a generic replacement and I'm afraid that's what I'd get off amazon and I don't want those.

I gave Lindsay a call and he had OE specific stock replacements, not any kind of Delco generics, in stock. Great price, under 250 shipped, I should have them in 3 business days...took less than 5 minutes!

hmmm.... That is what I used on the front of my car and didn't realize that may have been a generic. I'm almost positive it was a SACS shock, but now you have me doubting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv247 View Post
    I gave Lindsay a call and he had OE specific stock replacements, not any kind of Delco generics, in stock. Great price, under 250 shipped, I should have them in 3 business days...took less than 5 minutes!
    Luke is the man !

Quote Originally Posted by 69stangscj View Post
    hmmm.... That is what I used on the front of my car and didn't realize that may have been a generic. I'm almost positive it was a SACS shock, but now you have me doubting it.
    I saw the sachs and the 540250 shocks and they may very well be designed specifically for this application but I couldn't prove that to myself with the information I was finding on the internet. In my experience, the shorter the part number gets, the more generic the product becomes.

Going with Lindsay, I feel pretty confident I'm getting the best OE replacement I can get for a 10 year old car. As soon as I get them, I'll post up the numbers so we'll have a better idea what is what but I'm hoping its 19150079.

Got one shock still waiting on the other one but it came in a box with part# 19150079. Took a picture of it so we could compare it to the delco 540250...it would be interesting to know if these are the same piece....
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv247 View Post
    Got one shock still waiting on the other one but it came in a box with part# 19150079. Took a picture of it so we could compare it to the delco 540250...it would be interesting to know if these are the same piece....
    I have the front wheel off of my car today, my shocks have the same yellow sachs decal and same part number on the bottom. Looks like the same shock to me. Wow, they are $61.36 on Amazon now, free shipping.19150079.jpg

Whitten is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

This has been such a pain in the butt for me. Both of my front shocks are dead and rattling like Michael J Fox on a caffeine bender. My shop just called to tell me that they can only locate an aftermarket replacement made by some off brand company and that OEM parts are no longer available for my car. I found the above mentioned shocks on Amazon for 76 bucks and I think I am going to pull the trigger but before I do, I wanted to see what you guys thought of them...are they an equal?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitten View Post
    This has been such a pain in the butt for me. Both of my front shocks are dead and rattling like Michael J Fox on a caffeine bender. My shop just called to tell me that they can only locate an aftermarket replacement made by some off brand company and that OEM parts are no longer available for my car. I found the above mentioned shocks on Amazon for 76 bucks and I think I am going to pull the trigger but before I do, I wanted to see what you guys thought of them...are they an equal?
    From what I've seen, they are equal. I've had them on my car for awhile and they are as good or better because they are new.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.