Dyno #'s ???? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Dyno #'s ???? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I like: www.smokemup.com Under the AutoMath tab...
    wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Dyno #'s ????

I like:

www.smokemup.com

Under the AutoMath tab

blown65 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

BAH, I was going to but they want you to register, then I did that now they want money.

Drift-caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by GT04CTS-V
    Forgot to mention, my trap speed in the 1/4 was 112mph, using the HP calculator my wheel HP = 438. So the dyno at Tony's Corvette seems to be the closest. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a reference to the web site I used to calculate RWHP, but if you do a yahoo search for "trap speed horsepower", it's the 2nd listing.

GT
    Damn 112 mph is good, but your ETs are high. this weekend i ran 12.23@112mph. also emailed you back the prices..

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

never asked me for money. I did register...but if I recall money is only for the more advanced calculators. The lesser ones (1/4 mile et, trap speed vs. hp, etc.) are free I think?

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by bryce3
    I'm not sure exactly when Velose got his dyno done but the temp was a cool 72 ish at about 9:20 in the morning. The fan was turned on and placed right in front of the car. I didn't turn the TC off so I'm sure it was on. Does the weight of the vehicle matter? I had them use 4100lbs. to account for my fat ass + the car.
    -Sean

I had mine set at 4000 vs. your 4100. I'm sure it makes a difference. Also in my LPE dyno thread, Bill posted that having weight in your trunk will give you better traction and will produce better numbers.

Bottom line is there are so many factors in this, it's really hard to compare. Just go to the same shope each time, and use the same perameters. At least that way you cut out as many variables as possible, and should be able to compare to your older runs. As I said earlier, I always compare my 3rd hot run, as it tends to be the most consistant (and matches real world driving anyway). If you do this, and then go DOWN on your HP/TQ ratings, I'd start pointing fingers at the mods you made , and not the dyno

-Chris

blown65 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I dunno, I tried the 1/8 mile one but couldnt get it to work. Maybe you could run the numbers for me.

3150lbs 102mph in the 1/8 15% loss in driveline. Was currious what it would spit out.

trekster is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by willsctsv
    I would be pissed. I was pissed when I only pulled 375RWHP on the Mustang Dyno over the summer with my mods.
    I guess I should be happy!
    I have the same mods as you except for the volant cai and headers with no resonators and cats. I was expecting 390-400rwhp.

willsctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Black Beast, I bet if you dyno the car in these cooler temps. You might just be around 390-400 HP. I was thinking of going back to the dyno just for the hell of it.
    I know my car feels faster now than in the summer.

Mullah88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6L (BLU); 1998 Seville STS (Delilah)
    But they dont get any respect from the league! It's not a "us vs them" situation, that's how it's been this whole season.

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

I was a dyno operator a couple years ago and I ran a mustang dyno. I can tell you without a doubt the 4-4100 lb rating that the tech puts in is going to make a world of difference. It also depends on what correction factor that the tech has loaded for the dyno to look at.

A/C systems shut off at WOT anyways so nothing lost there. But all other parasitic losses can attribute. Sometimes the traction control will reduce power as well and play tricks on the dyno. Also the days, No two readings are comparable unless everything about the weather is the same.

I would hope that tech had a fan on the car.

When I was running the dyno an 04 Maggied, long tubes, corsa, intake, and tune from us put down like 460 range. But that was cooling the car down and trying for peak numbers. Our dyno was notorious for reading on the low side as well. I felt it was much more real world then some of the HP readings of others.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Twitch says our midwest dynos are "generous."
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Back when this post was originally written dyno's used rubber bands and flintstone rollers. Scientific advancements like electricity have been made since then.
    CTS V Redline 05 . MOTOR-- Katech LS6 stage II H&C, Kooks 1 3/4, FAST102 w Nick W 102 TB, Corsa, Lingenfelter CAI, Stealth intake tube, UUC shifter,UUC motor, trans and diff mount. Exedy GT04SD Twin Disk clutch . Mocal oil cooler BRAKES/SUSPENSION-- UUC 2 pc. rotors, Hotchkiss sways, KW V3s coil overs, MAP trailing arms, SW cradle bushings and BMR toe rods, corner weighed. Team Dynamics ProRace wheels, 275/35/18 GAC Hoosier (track). Allston Rollbar, Sparco seats and Schroth harnesses.

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

lol i just saw the dates! normally I am better at looking at the dates before posting lol

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I am pleased.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

I'm getting snarky like Olsen and the rest of the old timers.
    rand49er and rand49er like this.
    CTS V Redline 05 . MOTOR-- Katech LS6 stage II H&C, Kooks 1 3/4, FAST102 w Nick W 102 TB, Corsa, Lingenfelter CAI, Stealth intake tube, UUC shifter,UUC motor, trans and diff mount. Exedy GT04SD Twin Disk clutch . Mocal oil cooler BRAKES/SUSPENSION-- UUC 2 pc. rotors, Hotchkiss sways, KW V3s coil overs, MAP trailing arms, SW cradle bushings and BMR toe rods, corner weighed. Team Dynamics ProRace wheels, 275/35/18 GAC Hoosier (track). Allston Rollbar, Sparco seats and Schroth harnesses.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.