Bearing Hub & Diff swap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Bearing Hub & Diff swap in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I've had my V for 1 month,....and honestly I've never really looked into axles or hub swaps in the past ...
    hefftone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): LS2-V

Bearing Hub & Diff swap

I've had my V for 1 month,....and honestly I've never really looked into axles or hub swaps in the past for other vehicles but.....
    I've seen the creative steel 8.8 swap and I want it. I've read the thread about the Creative steel 5 lug conversion (using the 2010+ Camaro rotors and modified hubs.)
    I saw it mentioned, but never discussed. If you were doing an 8.8 swap, and wanted to convert to 5-lug too....does that free up any other options in doing the 5 lug conversinon, particularly with the choice of rear hub since you would be have to get custom (or at least modified) rear axles anway.
    I think the reason CS picked the camaro was retention of stock V1 axles....Could other hubs (G8 GT/GXP, GTO, V6 cts, caprice ppv, V2) be used in similar fashion if not restricted to keeping the stock V1 outer stubs.
    I'd like to compile some info regarding the similarities & diffences in the hubs. At this point i have no idea how similar or different they are....
    Lug pattern
    outer Axle stub bore Diameter/Spline count
    Sensor issues (abs,etc)
    Brake issues (parking, rotor, etc)

I never realized the V1 was 6 lug until I bought it... F#$% you GM!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsv247 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Re: Bearing Hub & Diff swap

It's the ebrake that's the challenge with this swap and doing an 8.8 isn't getting you any closer to a 5 lug conversion.

hefftone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): LS2-V

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv247 View Post
    It's the ebrake that's the challenge with this swap and doing an 8.8 isn't getting you any closer to a 5 lug conversion.
    The first part of your statement could only be true if ALL GM hubs had the same splined bores. The second part itself was already abundantly obvious.

ctsv247 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Quote Originally Posted by hefftone View Post
    If you were doing an 8.8 swap, and wanted to convert to 5-lug too....does that free up any other options in doing the 5 lug conversinon, particularly with the choice of rear hub since you would be have to get custom (or at least modified) rear axles anway.
    i guess this is you being abundantly obvious.....let me spell it out for you.....THERE IS NOTHING TO ECONOMICALLY BE DONE WHILE DOING AN 8.8 SWAP THAT WILL GET YOU CLOSER TO A 5 LUG CONVERSION.

You can answer the rest yourself if you'll take a little time to search.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.