Cadillac Owners Forum banner
10K views 51 replies 23 participants last post by  CTSVONFIRE 
#1 ·
After several hours of deliberations, I finally settled on an exhaust system.
While the price of Magnaflow was awfully tempting, several of the “quality” posts had me a little concerned, so I opted to go a different route.
I thought I had it narrowed down to Corsa (Jim Browning Jr. is terrific to deal with by the way—I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat) and Borla (sales rep here was great—nothing but praise from me here as well), but, at the last moment, I was introduced to a California based high-performance exhaust company (Zoomers, found at http://zoomersexhaust.com/) looking to expand its product offerings into the CTS-V market.
After my initial chat with one of the owners, it became clear that this was an exciting opportunity to get involved with, so I went this route.
My initial thoughts of the exhaust:
  • SOUND: While I haven’t set up a sound file yet, I can definitely say that the sound is deep and throaty. You’ll never forget you are driving a muscle car with this exhaust. Inside the cabin (windows up), you’ll find that the exhaust is rather quiet, especially cruising on the freeway. At idle/low RPM it’s a little louder, but nothing too egregious at all. There is essentially no popping with this exhaust either; it’s smooth as ice. On a rare occasion, I can induce like one or so, but it’s definitely nothing that would cause anyone concern. As compared to Corsa, it appears to be (in my opinion) a few decibels lower. If you are looking for more “loud,” B&B/Corsa/Magna might be more your meal-ticket. If you are looking for a more “refined” muscle-car sound, I’d start here and move forward.
  • CABIN RESONANCE: For those of you who are interested in cabin resonance, or the lack thereof, I can say with certainty that my car has none; nada; nothing. Not a hint, even subsequent to lugging the crap out of the motor. I thought I was going to be able to squeak a little bit out of it at about ~1,500 RPM in 6th gear, but wasn’t able to produce it. Further, drone has seemingly been minimized as well. Substantially all you get is the exhaust melody, nothing more, nothing less.
  • QUALITY: All stainless steel (T-304). A definite “solid” feeling system. I was particularly pleased with how “high and tight” the exhaust fit on the car.
  • PERFORMANCE: Unfortunately, I was not able to produce dyno numbers both before and after based solely on the exhaust. My car was “eddy current” dyno tuned almost immediately after the exhaust was installed and I wasn’t particularly fond of paying for such tune two separate times (and tuning in such a manner takes a long time). All I can say is that I got approximately 40 more lb feet out of torque from changing to the “correct” pulley (3.0 to 2.8), a Volant CAI and the aforementioned exhaust. Interpret as you wish.
Pics should be coming shortly (when Reed gets a chance to post/host them). Apologies in advance for how bad they are; I will update with some better ones shortly.
Hope you find this interesting! :)

See less See more
#4 ·
Sounds like the perfect exhaust and looks like it fits well. A sound file of cruising at highway speeds, sound from outside and inside the car taking off, and a drive-by from outside the car. Then we'll compare with my Bassani. Nobody mentions Bassani and I'm happy for that. I guess I can be considered to have an "exciting opportunity" too. ;)

#9 ·
From that one pic, I really like the tips. [I'm not very fond of the oversize 4" tips on my corsa, looks a bit too Rice.]

Is is 2.5" or 3" system? Approx cost?

-Chris

#12 ·
Just to be clear---my post was NOT an attempt to get into a pissing contest over what exhaust system is the "best." These things are so subjective, it's not even funny. This is merely another exhaust option, if someone desires what this system brings to the table.

It's a 2.5" system.

The tips are 4" in diameter (14" long, 30 degree slash). I suppose that bigger tips could be used if someone so desired, but that isn't up to me.

Florian said:
those tips suck....

F
My initial reaction was to tell you to shove it up your #@$, but then I realized that you were only trying to describe the actual function of the tips. Yeah, they do "suck."

The tip is open chambered and "sucks" cold air in by utilizing the fast moving air going under the vehicle. This helps scavenge exhaust gases.

Thanks for your comments Florian. :highfive:

Cost is still being determined. The sales director is now a member of this forum, soon to be a supporting member. It wouldn't surprise me if he did a group purchase for this system, as he's had success on other forums:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=11231&highlight=Zoomers

or

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/pe...zoomers-exhaust-system.html?highlight=zoomers

#13 ·
Luna,

You need to toughen up your skin or semthing. It seems like so many threads that you are involved in, you end up p!$$ed off.

Plus I'm sure Florian was only talking about his recreational habits...sucking on tips.

-Chris

P.S. try to refrain from telling me to $hu+ up, as my mouth is now closed on this issue. :canttalk: == :grouphug:

#16 ·
urbanski said:
...but i'll be darned, those sure do look small for 4" tips.
Perhaps because the rear mufflers appear to be the same size, it's an optical illusion. (It's magic!)

Hopefully Luna can take a better picture of the tips.

Interesting design. Resonator, mini-muffers near the diff, then what appears to be another muffler that connects directly to the tips (unless the tips are 10" deep).

Maybe Marty will buy the system, and put it on his car, so I can hear it. Hell he's already on his 4th Exhaust, what's another?

-Chris

P.S. I edited the hell out of this post, because I only looked at the last pic, which makes it look like there is no resonator. What happened to out ability to put notes on why we edited our posts? Seems to have gone away with the last upgrade???

#17 ·
Trukk, too funny.....tips of the secondary sexual traits of females, indeed. Luna, lighten up....I dont shove things in my ass, I used to... but stopped cause it hurt too much. Just an opinion. The holes in the rear facia need to be filled (see previous statment) so the 2.5"ers look tiny.

F

#18 ·
Hi, I'm the designer of the Zoomers Exhaust System and will soon be a supporting vendor here. BTW who do I contact about becoming a vendor? Can anyone Help? Also I can't PM anyone how do I get to that status?

The tips are round and are 4" in Diameter...I think Luna used one of those camera phones to take the photos because they don't do it justice. We'll get some better photos up soon. I think it is an optical illusion the tips fill that gaping hole quite nicely...The pipe diameter is 2.5" 304 stainless and mandrel bent. The 2 front exhaust chambers ( Mufflers) are 2.5" in /2.5" out and 4" in diameter. The rear resonators are 3" in diameter and again the tips are 4" in dia. and 14" long and do have an inner open chambered core with a ceramic packing and stainless mesh to rid the exhaust of the dreaded drone.

I look Forward to becoming a supporting vendor... Ron

#19 ·
Aperformance said:
Hi, I'm the designer of the Zoomers Exhaust System and will soon be a supporting vendor here. BTW who do I contact about becoming a vendor? Can anyone Help? Also I can't PM anyone how do I get to that status?

The tips are round and are 4" in Diameter...I think Luna used one of those camera phones to take the photos because they don't do it justice. We'll get some better photos up soon. I think it is an optical illusion the tips fill that gaping hole quite nicely...The pipe diameter is 2.5" 304 stainless and mandrel bent. The 2 front exhaust chambers ( Mufflers) are 2.5" in /2.5" out and 4" in diameter. The rear resonators are 3" in diameter and again the tips are 4" in dia. and 14" long and do have an inner open chambered core with a ceramic packing and stainless mesh to rid the exhaust of the dreaded drone.

Ron, what I cant make out is what is that strange inner liner in the tips> It looks like spun wool in the pictures (which are bad). Looks well made and doesnt have clamps all over the place. Actually clears the diff nice too.

#20 ·
Aperformance said:

Ron. Welcome!!
It's very easy!!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/payments.php
That is the direct link where you can input the type of Membership you want.

This link tells a little about what you get:

It's all automated and foolproof. You get the "badge" under your name very quickly after joining. I din't know exactly when PMs get enabled but I assume pretty soon after the membership kicks in ;)

#21 · (Edited)
lasstss said:
Ron, what I cant make out is what is that strange inner liner in the tips> It looks like spun wool in the pictures (which are bad). Looks well made and doesnt have clamps all over the place. Actually clears the diff nice too.
The tip has a stainless steel perforated core...Here is a better picture of the tip. The tip in the photo is the Cannon tip also pictured on our web site. www.Zoomersexhaust.com

#24 ·
urbanski said:
Ron. Welcome!!
It's very easy!!
That is the direct link where you can input the type of Membership you want.

This link tells a little about what you get:

It's all automated and foolproof. You get the "badge" under your name very quickly after joining. I din't know exactly when PMs get enabled but I assume pretty soon after the membership kicks in ;)
Hey urbanski, Thanks I'm all paid up for 3 months to start. What's next do I send you a banner for advertising? PM me and let me know...Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.