Zoomers Exhaust
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Zoomers Exhaust in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Zoomers Exhaust

After several hours of deliberations, I finally settled on an exhaust system.
    While the price of Magnaflow was awfully tempting, several of the “quality” posts had me a little concerned, so I opted to go a different route.
    I thought I had it narrowed down to Corsa (Jim Browning Jr. is terrific to deal with by the way—I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat) and Borla (sales rep here was great—nothing but praise from me here as well), but, at the last moment, I was introduced to a California based high-performance exhaust company (Zoomers, found at http://zoomersexhaust.com/) looking to expand its product offerings into the CTS-V market.
    After my initial chat with one of the owners, it became clear that this was an exciting opportunity to get involved with, so I went this route.
    My initial thoughts of the exhaust:
    • SOUND: While I haven’t set up a sound file yet, I can definitely say that the sound is deep and throaty. You’ll never forget you are driving a muscle car with this exhaust. Inside the cabin (windows up), you’ll find that the exhaust is rather quiet, especially cruising on the freeway. At idle/low RPM it’s a little louder, but nothing too egregious at all. There is essentially no popping with this exhaust either; it’s smooth as ice. On a rare occasion, I can induce like one or so, but it’s definitely nothing that would cause anyone concern. As compared to Corsa, it appears to be (in my opinion) a few decibels lower. If you are looking for more “loud,” B&B/Corsa/Magna might be more your meal-ticket. If you are looking for a more “refined” muscle-car sound, I’d start here and move forward.
    • CABIN RESONANCE: For those of you who are interested in cabin resonance, or the lack thereof, I can say with certainty that my car has none; nada; nothing. Not a hint, even subsequent to lugging the crap out of the motor. I thought I was going to be able to squeak a little bit out of it at about ~1,500 RPM in 6th gear, but wasn’t able to produce it. Further, drone has seemingly been minimized as well. Substantially all you get is the exhaust melody, nothing more, nothing less.
    • QUALITY: All stainless steel (T-304). A definite “solid” feeling system. I was particularly pleased with how “high and tight” the exhaust fit on the car.
    • PERFORMANCE: Unfortunately, I was not able to produce dyno numbers both before and after based solely on the exhaust. My car was “eddy current” dyno tuned almost immediately after the exhaust was installed and I wasn’t particularly fond of paying for such tune two separate times (and tuning in such a manner takes a long time). All I can say is that I got approximately 40 more lb feet out of torque from changing to the “correct” pulley (3.0 to 2.8), a Volant CAI and the aforementioned exhaust. Interpret as you wish.
    Pics should be coming shortly (when Reed gets a chance to post/host them). Apologies in advance for how bad they are; I will update with some better ones shortly.
    Hope you find this interesting!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Zoomers Exhaust

JAMESDEVANS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

B&B X-pipe Only Way To Go.

VELOSE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Sounds like the perfect exhaust and looks like it fits well. A sound file of cruising at highway speeds, sound from outside and inside the car taking off, and a drive-by from outside the car. Then we'll compare with my Bassani. Nobody mentions Bassani and I'm happy for that. I guess I can be considered to have an "exciting opportunity" too.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

tiny tips
    edit: optical illusion, lol, sorry

markbinkc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V coupe

I like. But I like different.

Mark

CRZY747 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 cts-v

How much ???

Staxxin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Nice option!!!

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

From that one pic, I really like the tips. [I'm not very fond of the oversize 4" tips on my corsa, looks a bit too Rice.]

Is is 2.5" or 3" system? Approx cost?

-Chris

cram is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by trukk
    From that one pic, I really like the tips. [I'm not very fond of the oversize 4" tips on my corsa, looks a bit too Rice.]
    To each his own. Personally, from that photo, I don't care for the tips at all.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

those tips suck....

F

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Just to be clear---my post was NOT an attempt to get into a pissing contest over what exhaust system is the "best." These things are so subjective, it's not even funny. This is merely another exhaust option, if someone desires what this system brings to the table.

It's a 2.5" system.

The tips are 4" in diameter (14" long, 30 degree slash). I suppose that bigger tips could be used if someone so desired, but that isn't up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    those tips suck....

F
    My initial reaction was to tell you to shove it up your #@$, but then I realized that you were only trying to describe the actual function of the tips. Yeah, they do "suck."

The tip is open chambered and "sucks" cold air in by utilizing the fast moving air going under the vehicle. This helps scavenge exhaust gases.

Thanks for your comments Florian.

Cost is still being determined. The sales director is now a member of this forum, soon to be a supporting member. It wouldn't surprise me if he did a group purchase for this system, as he's had success on other forums:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...hlight=Zoomers

or

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/per...hlight=zoomers

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Luna,

You need to toughen up your skin or semthing. It seems like so many threads that you are involved in, you end up p!$$ed off.

Plus I'm sure Florian was only talking about his recreational habits...sucking on tips.

-Chris

P.S. try to refrain from telling me to $hu+ up, as my mouth is now closed on this issue. ==

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

it would rock to have a new supporting vendor
    and I added your thread to the hot topics sticky, exhausts.

but i'll be darned, those sure do look small for 4" tips.

VELOSE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Maybe because the tips are oval. They might be 4" from their widest points.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.