Exhaust cutouts?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Exhaust cutouts? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey all, Anyone have any good knowledge on what I'd gain performance-wise by installing an electric exhaust cutout? I saw ...
    Skeeter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exhaust cutouts?

Hey all,

Anyone have any good knowledge on what I'd gain performance-wise by installing an electric exhaust cutout? I saw a reference to a setup in the FAQ that had a cutout installed, looked pretty trick.

But my question is what kind of HP gains can one expect from such a setup? No doubt it'd be cool to hit a switch and have a crazy loud open exhaust setup one minute, and back to silent stock exhaust the next. But do you gain much power by routing the exhaust out of the system? Loss of torque?

I like the idea of a switchable approach more than a new exhaust setup, but I need to know what kind of power boost (if any) to expect. Also, would routing the exhaust out from the cats, etc, trigger a bunch of error codes? Would I need to install extra stuff to slip it by the 02 sensors, etc?

Thanks!

Skeeter

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Re: Exhaust cutouts?

To the best of my knowledge the cutouts would have to been behind the cats and O2 sensors, on the actual exhaust. Otherwise you would have to cutout and weld into your headers for the electronic exhaust dump. I am almost positive there has been another post on this here in the past with more info, I'd give the search feature a try.

Update: Just searched for a second and found the thread for you. Check out post #7 of this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=15965

Thumbs up Re: Exhaust cutouts?

Yes, Silver Baron's car was the one I was thinking about. Pretty slick looking install: just a single power plate. Looks like they are in front of the resonators and cats, no? I would really enjoy being able to unleash the rumble of the un-corked LS6

But no mention of power gains or O2 sensor hassles. Otherwise seems like a very fun mod for <$400.

Skeeter

Re: Exhaust cutouts?

Oops! Never mind... Didn't see that last post, showing HP numbers:
    1. Eltrc. cutout closed, stock airfilter: HP = 327, Torque = 316
    2. Eltrc. cutout open, stock airfilter: HP = 330, Torque = 320
    3. Eltrc. cutout closed, MorePerformance air: HP = 335, Torque = 326
    4. Eltrc. cutout open, MorePerformance air: HP = 339, Torque = 328

Sorry for the noise!

Skeeter

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.