Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  lasstss 
#1 ·
Okay I am looking for a new exhaust for my 04 CTS-V, what all is out there and how much did you pay for the exhaust system, and if you know what kind of gains did you get from your exhaust ????

Thanks
JET

#18 ·
thebigjimsho said:
The B&B is a 3" system. Is it worth the extra $$? Maybe.
The 3" should flow better, especially if you have headers and forced induction. Probably not as much of an issue on a stock motor and cat back only.
The 3" is why I bought mine, supposed to be here Fri. Must have been back ordered or something as I ordered them prior to even buying the car. I think the price was $865 direct. The qoute about Billy trying means a lot to me. No one has never not made a mistake. The prople that admit it and take steps to fix their mistakes are a notch above the people that mearly try to cover up their mistakes.

#19 ·
Corsa...loud when I want, quiet when I don't

#22 ·
NIK said:
In your opinion, maybe ...... but my Corsa is perfect for my needs, subtle when you want it to be, nasty (but refined) when you want it to be. To each his own, I guess ..... isn't it great that we have so many options?
I agree, only opinion. It was more in response to the comment that the Corsa was a CLEAR winner, in which I totally disagree with.

What I've observed is the Corsa is great for those who want a stock fit and peace of mind with regards to issues and the dreaded Cadillac service manager. And many prefer the quiet nature. And many prefer the tone to B&B.

I've observed the B&B to be equal to the Corsa in build quality. I find more people like the tone of the B&B but fewer want to live with the constant rumble. I find the exhaust easy to live with, subdued on the highway and much more livable than many think. The drone is there but is lessened after a few days of use. The drone is not an issue to me because it is so much quieter than at first install and keeping it out of 1600-1900 is second nature now. People may have complained about the headers and gaskets but for the catback only, it's easy to live with. And if you can turn a wrench, it's no problem.

As for Magnaflow or Borla, all personal opinion on sound. Seems they each have their following. As far as I'm concerned, V owners are winners for having a variety of choices, each with some good and not so good. As far as I'm concerned the B&B is the clear winner.

#23 ·
Corsa usually has a sport version. If they did they would own this category for the V.

I drive the V every day and drone isn't acceptable. Avoiding an rpm range isn't even acceptable in my weekend cars.

I have a Corsa Sport on my GTO. Loud, no drone, perfect.

#25 ·
"What I've observed is the Corsa is great for those who want a stock fit and peace of mind with regards to issues and the dreaded Cadillac service manager. And many prefer the quiet nature."

These are the exact reasons I got the Corsa and I am very happy with the sound etc. I installed it myself and everything fit perfect. As far as performance goes, I have never actually tested it in terms of HP gains. I paid $1,065.00 shipped to my door.

Marty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.