Creative Steel: 04-07 CTS-V 5 Lug Swap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Creative Steel: 04-07 CTS-V 5 Lug Swap in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; 1149010_471708196289873_1689715111_n.jpg We have figured out the 5 lug hub swap for our cars, 04-07 CTS-V. We will be offering this ...
    Creative Steel Inc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTSV

Creative Steel: 04-07 CTS-V 5 Lug Swap

1149010_471708196289873_1689715111_n.jpg

We have figured out the 5 lug hub swap for our cars, 04-07 CTS-V. We will be offering this kit for sale in the near future but, we would like some input on what brand of hubs you guys think we should use. There is a huge difference in price from one hub manufacturer to another so this will play a big part in the final price of the kit.
    Just an example: Duralast hubs (china) are about $110 and Timkin or SKF (from many places in the world) are about $200

At times people can be very polarized on what brand of part they buy for a particular type of part for their car and not care as much when buying another type of part, this is why I'm asking.

If you have followed the 5 lug swap projects of others you know that the retention of the parking brake has been a stumbling block. We also have this figured out with off the shelf parts along with parts that we will supply. For the customer this entire kit is a "bolt-on" affair.

All questions and comments are most welcome.

Open Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00pm PST
    Phone: 503-316-1811
    Fax: 503-316-1814
    Kristie@Creative-Steel.com

Follow us on Facebook!: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creat...39612609499435

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2007-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: Creative Steel: 04-07 CTS-V 5 Lug Swap

I would rather pay more up front for quality parts and not have to worry about digging back into it shortly after. Especially if we are only talking about a 100ish difference.

ctsv247 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

you sir are the man and i always knew the v1 would look good with the v2 wheels....i agree that if i'm going to the trouble to do this it will be in part due to the fact that my rotors and hubs are about shot, meaning i would want the good stuff too. I only use duralast parts on cars i'm getting rid of.....

will your kit include the necessary spacers needed to do the v2 wheel swap and of course i'm looking to understand more about how the emergency brake works because the v1 setup sorta blows and a better functioning system would be yet another selling point for me....

now, if i could only con you into offering a tubular lower control arm that would allow for the sts spindle swap, you would make my christmas card list.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

From things that I have read in the past across several different forums while looking at things the SKF are the way better brand to go with. While they cost more I think in that part there should be a higher quality piece involved. Just my .02

On a side note... Are the G8 GXP wheels the same wheel as the V2 wheel?

BDV

musclebird05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

What would also be great is if the creative-steel website would load on windows 8. I had this problem back in Dec and even brought it up to Kristie's attention through email. I have tried multiple browsers and even my phone cannot bring up the site now. i have the cs 8.8 kit and I have the cs widened trailing arms. I am very interested in any other products creative steel might be coming out with. Please tell the I.T. guys to update the site

pato is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V
    ^^ Creative Steel website loads just fine for me on Windows 8. Maybe your wife blocked you out of it, lol.

ctsv247 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

So if you are using the Camaro SS rear rotors and are having the stock emergency brake pads relined with a thicker material to account for the greater diameter of the Camaro "hat", this would in theory give the parking brake more contact area which would hopefully give it a more substantial bite...Did you do this?

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...my-04-a-2.html

stratman1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Thats awsome!I want some different wheels badly but not much out there.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

I'd say SKF Max. No need to cut corners on a part like that.
    At least that way you have piece of mind knowing the part leaving was engineered as best it could.
    It will also save the hassle of purchasing parts for inventory. Buy 1 part and more of it so you can purchase at a deeper discount.
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

club_xcursion is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

id be interest in this. whats the estimated time for the release?

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
    I'm definitely interested too, I've always had good luck with Timkin and would pay the price difference of a quality brand over duralast.

LumberjackHering is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    I am interested but buy the time this becomes available I may have had my wheels widened so it would be pointless. I would like small rims for some drag slicks though

OK guys, here are the numbers that you've been waiting for.

For the 5 lug kits we are using Timkin bearings. What we will be doing to these hubs is changing the bolt pattern to 5 on 120mm and turning down the centers to fit 2010+ Camaro rotors. We will be installing 14mm lug studs which is what the new Camaro's come with, 14mm is also the size of the 09+ CTS-V's so aftermarket wheel selection should be astronomical.

The kits will come with 2 front hubs and 2 rear hubs. It will be the customers responsibility to supply the brake rotors.

The price of a hub kit is $1200 without a parking brake. Add $350 if a parking brake is desired.

We are all interested in saving money. I am willing to do a mini group buy if we can get 5 guys to commit to $1050 for a kit. If I do 5 kits at one time I only have to set-up once for the machine work, saves me time= saves you money.

I know there are questions, so let 'em fly.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Why not just make 5 units at a time and sell them for like $1100 TOPS.

Lots of people will buy this over time... Including myself. But I personally don't have $1050 laying around to be apart of a group but anytime soon.

My .02

Can't afford to put $4000 in hubs and the labor expense on the shelf waiting for the right customer to call. It's the whole "cash flow" thing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.