Lingenfelter CAI filter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Lingenfelter CAI filter in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; What position does everyone have the K&N filter in on their Lingenfelter CAI? Horizontal or angled? Anyone else get a ...
    AmesCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Lingenfelter CAI filter

What position does everyone have the K&N filter in on their Lingenfelter CAI? Horizontal or angled?

Anyone else get a whistle? I've had whistles with CAI's in the past and just ignored them, but this one is annoying, a little too loud and a real whistle type pitch.
    12 CTS-V | 12 SRX | 09 Z06 | 08 C6 Z51
    05 CTS-V | 04 GTO (Sold)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Lingenfelter CAI filter

The incomming air doesn't care what angle the filter is at (yeah mine is angled).

As for whistles, yeah mine does that to.

Whines to, but I am sure that is the maggie!

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Pretty straight here. I can really only detect the whistle when the window is open and I step on it hard.

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Not to psyched to hear that these kits whistle. Can we get a testament from a few other LPE users out there, please? I have a LPE kit in the box but haven't gotten around to installing it...........if she whistles substantially, she may not go on at all.

HDMLNIUM is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own

Quote Originally Posted by lawfive
    Pretty straight here. I can really only detect the whistle when the window is open and I step on it hard.
    Same here, pretty straight and maybe a very faint whistle if I am really listening for it.. Nothing that would bother anyone that I could see...

Bill

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

mine is straight also...but the whine is not that bad...especially not annoying..just love to hear the breathing of it when i punch it!!

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

Quote Originally Posted by BowenCT
    Not to psyched to hear that these kits whistle. Can we get a testament from a few other LPE users out there, please? I have a LPE kit in the box but haven't gotten around to installing it...........if she whistles substantially, she may not go on at all.
    bowen i love mine..but the only problem with it is that the intake tub right before the air filter thins out. ..makes no sense..it has to ristrict max airflow..stealth v has one but doesnt have any replacement airintake tubes....his has a massive metal part there in which i want..still looking...

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Mine is in at about 30* from flat. Mine wouldn't fit flat as Bill shows. No hiss, whine, burb or whistle. You do hear it gulping in the air at high RPM's though.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Hypothesis - the whistle is caused by the divider panel not fully sealing against the hood liner. These gaps are at the ends of the TrimLok. Mine whistles - for now....

Redline is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2005 SRX

Just installed mine last weekend. Angled a little like HDMLNIUM. No whistle that I could detect (yet) either driving with windows up or down. Couldn't be happier.

Dennisscars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt

Quote Originally Posted by HDMLNIUM

This is precisely why I have not put a CAI on. If it doesn’t seal COMPLETELY to the hood, more hot engine air is worse than less cool air. The forward gap is letting way too much underhood air in for my likey.

My cowl induction on my ’71 Chevelle big block rubbed the paint off of the underside of the hood. If it's not rubbing the hoodliner I would make it rub.

AmesCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisscars
    This is precisely why I have not put a CAI on. If it doesn’t seal COMPLETELY to the hood, more hot engine air is worse than less cool air. The forward gap is letting way too much underhood air in for my likey.

My cowl induction on my ’71 Chevelle big block rubbed the paint off of the underside of the hood. If it's not rubbing the hoodliner I would make it rub.
    It seals enough that it's smashing my underhood liner a lot. You don't want seal in the front because cool air will come in the gap under the hood.
    12 CTS-V | 12 SRX | 09 Z06 | 08 C6 Z51
    05 CTS-V | 04 GTO (Sold)

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

The seal is good against the hoodliner. The problem areas where the LPE does not seal against the hood are circled in green.

Whistle while you work.

Dennisscars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt

Air is pretty lazy, it will go the path of least resistance. Hot air = bad. :banghead2

slow35th is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisscars
    I thought about this and put off adding the LPE intake for the same reason. Now that I have one I don't think it is much of an issue. My theroy is this: The installation process requires clearing out the area in front of the filter of the rubber boot. This opens the area in front of the filter to cold air. While the car is moving you are forcing cold air from in front of the car into the filter box. Any excess air forced into the filter area is pushed through the problem areas pointed out in Ricks diagram. A lot like blowing air out of your nose to prevent water from entering while swiming. I don't have proof that this is happening for a fact but it makes sense to me and my performance went up when I installed the LPE intake. So the benefit of the more open filter far out weighed any small amount of warm air that it may be sucking in if any at all. I am sure LPE has checked this out thoroughly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.