aftermarket ls2 throttle body ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, aftermarket ls2 throttle body ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Ok so here's the story. I'm basically stock. I got b and b cat back. I'm currently getting a Diablo ...
    Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

aftermarket ls2 throttle body ?

Ok so here's the story. I'm basically stock. I got b and b cat back. I'm currently getting a Diablo tune modified which consists of a lot of partial throttle logging and tuning. I seem to be running extremely lean though. Tuner says really lean. My long term fuel trims are averaging about 13%. After 10 miles of logging. This is all after 100 miles on the current tune.

So far I've looked up and down for leaks. Actually hooked up a smoke pro to the intake for 15 minutes pressurized and no leaks. pvc is clean and I have have a catch can. Also tried carb cleaner and no vacuum leaks.

Exhaust shop said zero leaks as well.

I did clean my electronic throttle body by hand with a rag and opening the throttle body. No spraying at all. Just a wipe. It's been 200 miles since then.

I've done a throttle relearn that is posted on the faq

----------

Sorry hit send accidently on mobile app.

So I'm curious if cleaning the throttle body could damage it but make it lean? I do t see how. I could see idle issues which I get only when rolling to a stop I get a higher idle then it drops down. How could it be making it more lean.

Do I need need a new tb? Might as well aftermarket. Which one?

Also I did an entire intake disassemble to inspect. Also cleaned maf. Nothing g changed. On about 250 miles like this. I actually get a bit of pinging on hot day wot runs

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: aftermarket ls2 throttle body ?

Try cleanin your MAF sensor,

If you still have a lean mixture, add more fuel via the diable down low and if there is no change then go through the other steps...

If you still have Lean mixture i would check your intake tube for holes,

If you still have Lean mixture, i would get new intake manifold and throttle body gaskets and either have someone install them or get the proper torque wrench a little bit of wd40 and try your hand at it.

----------

with the diablo you can see you ltft and stft, these numbers will tell you if you are making any headway towards a plus or minus two on either stft and ltft,

LTFT Long term fuel trim
    STFT Short term fuel trim

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Try cleanin your MAF sensor,

If you still have a lean mixture, add more fuel via the diable down low and if there is no change then go through the other steps...

If you still have Lean mixture i would check your intake tube for holes,

If you still have Lean mixture, i would get new intake manifold and throttle body gaskets and either have someone install them or get the proper torque wrench a little bit of wd40 and try your hand at it.

----------

with the diablo you can see you ltft and stft, these numbers will tell you if you are making any headway towards a plus or minus two on either stft and ltft,

LTFT Long term fuel trim
    STFT Short term fuel trim
    Already cleaned the MAF (after 150 miles after throttle body cleaning, no effect on LTFT's).
    Injected smoke via Brake Booster line and a "Smoke Pro" machine and pressurized intake manifold with smoke, no leaks.
    Intake tube is 100% stock and I have removed it so many times now and inspected it beyond belief, all clamps are tighter than a nat'z azz
    Intake manifold has never been touched or removed. Nor have injectors.
    Brake booster line has a clamp on it.
    PVC breather line is tight, catch can lines are fully on and tight
    Carb cleaner sprayed the intake up and down the tube and connections, no change.

all warmed up to operating temps this morning and I logged five minutes on tuner,
    STFT are -2% ish, LTFT are %17 ish
    engine speed is 1900RPM
    Spark ADV 37deg
    Intake air Temp is 14C
    MAF Sensor is 27.5g/s

Anything stand out as insane? besides the LTFT

My only thought is that I was already in a lean condition but when I cleaned the carbon build up and grime from the blade/bore of the throttle body that now more air is flowing through which is increasing the lean condition. Thoughts on this???

Tuner believes my TB is jacked from cleaning, which could be but I am trying to understand how this is enhancing my LEAN condition. I dont want to be "shotgunning" parts.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    In the future, never touch the blade. You don't want to mess with the potentiometer in there. I'd send your damaged core into TPiS and get them to build you a 102mm LS2 throttle body. Alternately you could buy a new 12570790 LS2 throttle body for about $400.

The TPiS 102mm LS2 throttle body costs $580, assuming that your core is good enough to work with. This new "old" design is all the rage on the V2 forums--it won't slam shut and stick against boost like the LS3/LS7/Nick Williams throttle bodies do, which open the other direction. It's on my list of stuff to do after I replace my motor.

http://weaponxmotorsports.myshopify....-throttle-body

102mm on a stock displacement car with stock intake? that seems like to much. no??

stratman1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Thats purdy!

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I am not a tuner so there is a lot I do not understand, but: (1). I don't understand how a "jacked" throttle body can cause a lean condition as long as all of the air that it flows is measured; and (2). I don't understand why you can have lean condition that your PCM does not detect - no lean codes, no throttle-position mismatch codes, no O2 sensor codes, etc. By the way, you can get LS2 throttle bodies from Amazon for under $300 - I bought a spare recently.

I am in the same boat Darkman, I am not a tuner but also I feel like a damaged TB would not create a lean condition. Anyways, the tuner has enrichened the tune and brought me back closer to stock readings on the MAF so I will upload and go from there.

I am not ruling out a an exhaust leak though, I hada shop say it was good but last night I peeked under and I can see some carbon buildup on the two front pipe to x pipe bolts. But I will have to wait a few days to get to that..

Good to know on the LS2 on Amazon. Very lame I can not buy the TPS guts inside it, I need to buy a brand new one...lame! I am not buying anything now though.

Naf
    I will say it again,

Increase the fuel with ur diablo its in the added fuel option...

I have been working with a tuner. He added more fuel to the tune. Thx AGAIN for the heads up on the Diablo handheld.

Should run better now I'm glad my throttle body seems ok and does not need replaced.

Thanks for all the input.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Increase the fuel with ur diablo its in the added fuel option...
    You can say that again.

haha....yeaaa..

2007V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, maggie

Are the V2 guys seeing an increase in boost with this TB? I know these blowers are very particular to any intake restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    In the future, never touch the blade. You don't want to mess with the potentiometer in there. I'd send your damaged core into TPiS and get them to build you a 102mm LS2 throttle body. Alternately you could buy a new 12570790 LS2 throttle body for about $400.

The TPiS 102mm LS2 throttle body costs $580, assuming that your core is good enough to work with. This new "old" design is all the rage on the V2 forums--it won't slam shut and stick against boost like the LS3/LS7/Nick Williams throttle bodies do, which open the other direction. It's on my list of stuff to do after I replace my motor.

http://weaponxmotorsports.myshopify....-throttle-body

Naf
    U have to port the snout and they see better numbers.

In an na u need large tb but in a sc 90mm is more than plenty.

2007V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, maggie

I had an m90 on another car that was really sensitive to any intake restriction. You would see big gains for intake stuff before the SC inlet. I think it is a characteristic of the PD blowers. That's why Magnacharger reversed the blower to get a better intake shot. This is why I was asking. Maybe ours is good enough with the ls2 tb, otherwise it could be an easy power gain. If the V2's are seeing an increase then we likely would as well.

U have to port the snout and they see better numbers.

In an na u need large tb but in a sc 90mm is more than plenty.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

We have the VMax CNC pattern ported units in stock, LS3 and LS3 as well as the LSA for the V.

941-721-1826
    www.RevXtreme.com
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.