Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

revshift motor mounts

9K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  AAIIIC 
#1 ·
I need to replace my mounts I've been searching around but each mount has different reviews bad or good and I was wondering how are the revshift mounts do any of u all recommend them and also I am looking into a trans mount, what do u all recommend

#7 ·
I have used engine/trans/diff bushings from both (mix of CS/Revshift in my 05 and full CS in my 07) and while they both work and are miles ahead of the OEM junk, I prefer the CS mounts overall.

Plus the customer support both pre and post sale with Creative Steel are unbeatable from my experience.

When you do the diff bushing get the red from CS (not the black)...it is awesome! The engine/trans get the CS black and never look back.

#9 ·
I know there are a lot of opinions on both companies. I read a lot on both before dealing with either. I really appreciated the way CS responded to threads. For that I contacted creative steel and received excellent customer service! !!

Creative steel FTW of my money

#10 ·
CS really will do right by their customers. Max and Kristie don't hesitate to walk you through things over the phone, and stand behind everything they sell. That and Max in his madness has created some great tools to help with the removal of some of the stubborn bushings in these cars ie. the diff and subframe.

#11 ·
All of our polyurethane products have a lifetime warranty. We stand behind that warranty and replace any parts that get damaged at no cost to the customer. You buy our parts one time and you have good parts forever. They either last forever or we send you new ones. If that isn't superb customer service then I don't know what is.

We have caught some flack for shipping delays in the past, mostly around holiday sales. I am happy to say that we have overcome the issues and are now shipping all orders out within 24 hours of the order being placed. If something prevents it from shipping within 24 hours we will contact you and let you know.

Our polyurethane is the highest industrial quality polymer available. We make all of our parts in-house from the raw materials. I can safely say that our knowledge and practices in polyurethane processing far exceeds our competitor's.

Someone already posted about other mounts/bushing falling apart because of poor quality materials. We haven't had that issue. We only produce the best, nothing less.

If you have any questions feel free to email us or give us a call. We are usually in the shop 7 days a week.

#14 ·
We have caught some flack for shipping delays in the past, mostly around holiday sales. I am happy to say that we have overcome the issues and are now shipping all orders out within 24 hours of the order being placed. If something prevents it from shipping within 24 hours we will contact you and let you know.

not sure how true this is. I placed an order on march 6th(Thursday) #2014-1521,never got a tracking number, called on march 14th(Friday) and was told it should go out on Saturday and they would send me a tracking number.. its march 17 and I still haven't heard anything from the company. any light to shed on this?

#12 ·
Wow, Major Thanks to all of you guys for the kind words. We strive to service the customer. It's one thing for you to be happy with our service and a whole 'nother thing to take the time to post about it. THANK YOU
No matter what is said by a "competitor", we use only the best materials available and the engineering/design of all of our products is so far beyond the other guys that it's no contest....it's sad. In fact, to prove this statement, I've had a set of the blue mounts available on the market X-Rayed next to a set of Creative Steel motor mounts. When I get the lab results back that compares the urethane that we use to the urethane that "they" use I will post it and the X-Rays. All of you guys running red, blue and green mounts are going to be bummed at the level of engineering in those mounts. It's more than BAD.

It is so easy to say that your company offers great service. Big Deal ???? Words are CHEAP. If you have been paying attention you know that throwing rocks at the other guy is not my style. There is no reason to tare down the other guy to make us look better. I don't have to say that Creative Steel offers great customer service....we work hard at it....it has become well known.

In closing, thanks a ton for taking the time to post about our service and parts...you guys ROCK.

G
#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
My Revshift mounts failed. First you claimed that the internal metal rotating inside the polyurethane wasn't a failure, you took three months to replace them. Then you tried to blame me for the failure by saying I put them in a vice and wrenched on them until they failed. Awesome customer service. I couldn't wait to get the replacement ones you sent me swapped out for a set of Creative Steel ones. They have been a far superior product, they even have the guide pins on the mounts to align the top and bottom brackets.

There are multiple cases of Revshift mounts failing/burning up/losing their shape and letting the cradle move around over time....all you need to do is search this forum and Tech for the many dissatisfied customers.

Oh man, I said something negative about someone 'doing us a favor' by making something for our old, outdated platform. Here comes the flaming. We should all just open wide and drink the Kool Aid.

#21 ·
my Creative Steel motor mounts & diff bushing failed. pics attached of the motor mounts Auto part Cylinder Metal

customer service was great from CS, but that does not help my mounts.

seems both types of bushings have issues depending on the user. not saying that changes have not been made. but both have good and bad reviews.

#24 ·
In the defense of both companies... There are certain teething problems inherent with any kind on new product. Not everything can be tested appropriately in a computer. Not every scenario can be accounted for. Some RnD will always occur in the field while its actually being put to use.

#28 ·
That is very true. The problem I see with this old feud, at least that is what it looks like to me. I am new to the V1 game and know I have need of some new bushings. Right now I am left reading these two vendors pissing on each others cornflakes and thinking, is there a third alternative out there? It feels like I am stuck in the middle of a political fight between a democrat and a republican...... we all know how informative you feel in that position.....

#33 ·
Love the UMIs. I have had no issues. although if you are sensitive to vibration you will probably notice a little more vibration at idle.

#27 ·
Those were one of the first four sets of free demo mounts that we offered to forum members. Frank (verywhitedevil) used those mounts for years with a bunch of drag strip passes. He got those mounts 4 plus years ago and only recently took them out. They were our earliest version, using the urethane that we quit using 3 plus years ago. Even we consider them a bad mount and they still lasted 4 years.

If we had not given them to Frank for free in the first place as a demo set, I would have had no problem warranting them with our newest style of mount(how many companies warranty free parts that have been used for 4 years?) Our newest version isn't even "new" anymore. The steel portion of this mount was introduced in February of 2011, and a urethane up date in August of 2012. Since then... no updates and no problems.

Not sure what we did to sour you Frank, you were happy with us when we were the only alternative to OEM and UUC back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.