Finally got it done!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Finally got it done! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So I am still in the process of getting it finished up, but just ran out of time yesterday. I ...
    BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Finally got it done!

So I am still in the process of getting it finished up, but just ran out of time yesterday. I got some custom high flow cats fabbed up by another forum member (Pook0823) and he did a great job. He built a custom down pipe from the cast manifolds and have the cats placed about the same location of where it would be with LT's. Last night at start up it sounded just like his kooks LT's and high flows. We will be feeding it into an x-pipe and then back the rest of the way into corsa mufflers. I will post some pics when everything is said and done. I will try to get a sound clip too once it is finished.

So happy so far with it and great to know I have the right friends around me! Thanks Pook!

BDV

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lowoctane. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): V

Re: Finally got it done!

Pics or it didnt happen!

I will get them up later! I can take some of them now and I guess it will show off the handy work of the downpipe.

I know some people will wonder why I went this route vs full headers but it is a more economical way and I can tell a better flow already with it on. i know it will not have the full benefits of LT's but it will be way better than the stock option.

BDV

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Has your car been tuned? You prob won't need one but it never hurts. It would be interesting to see if there's a hp gain. If a shop has tuned it already they will retune very cheap if not for free.

Also u may need/want your rear o2's deleted.

I already had a tune running through a diablo unit. It hasn't thrown any codes yet and the rear O2s seem to be doing ok. As it warms up a little bit and I but some more miles on it I will be doing some datalogging to see how it is running and changed anything. I should be able to tell if it needs to be retuned or not. If it has to be then I know that it did some good and will be a nice gain for not alot of spending! I will be sure to post back with anything. I wish I had done a baseline dyno pull for numbers, but it isn't so much about gaining numbers as it is making the car run better and if more power and efficiency happens then even better!

BDV

2007-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Very nice! I really want to replace my exhaust....but only 17 things at a time.

Pook0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Welds probably need to be cleaned up as it was done using an arc welder set cool temps on reverse polarity (puddle welding)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

MarkOne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by lowoctane. View Post
    Pics or it didnt happen!
    +1

Let's see them bad boys!

Here is a pic on one of the manifolds. This is first run and plan on redoing them one I get my garage set up properly

Attached Images

this morning I got on it a little more in a more open part of my morning drive and it does feel better under some heavy pedal. I don't know if that will change that much when we put on the rest of the exhaust but I can tell that it is running stronger after this work.

Like I said earlier when it warms up a little bit I will try to get some data on how it is running and where it is running to see if it "needs to be" retuned or it is in an ok range.

Will try to get some more pictures up if the site would accept bigger photos! Trying to resize them but it just doesn't like me.

BDV

Here's pics of it mounted

Attached Images

We are going to turn the O2s up a little higher just to make sure they don't get caught on anything. I know not everyone might have access to a welder but I would highly recommend this to any of the other owners out there wanting more but were the budget is small. It took a while to get the best plan together but I think that it has turned out amazingly well! I will also try to get some more pics as we put up the x pipe and then remount the rest of the corsa.

Thanks again Pook!

BDV

lowoctane. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): V

Cant wait to see the data. Are the cats a universal type?

The cats are high flow Thunderbolt 2.5 metallic substrate cats. They look just like the high flows that came with Pook's high flow cats on the kooks setup. They are 62 a piece through performance curve. Very worth the investment to me!

BDV

Yes they are universal, performance curve offers 2.5" thunder bolts for 62 as bdv stated, or 3" for I believe 30 each.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.