Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Which Exhaust Do you prefer?

• I own Corsa and would NOT do it again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own BORLA and would do it again.

• I own BORLA and would NOT do it again.

• I Own Bassani and would do it again.

• I won Bassani and would not do it again.

7K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  OldRoadDawg 
#1 ·
I thought this might help some who are on the fence about aftermarket exhausts as there are several good ones out there.

Also we might be able to see what percentage of each has been installed so far and the thumbs up or thumbs down on each.

I know we discuss this a lot, but opinions change as we drive the choices we made.

You can also chose more than one answer, IF you have had one and then changed your mind and installed another.

All I know is I LOVE the sound as I drive my VEE ......

#3 ·
Rilmyster

I found a guy that's done a couple of V's, he got me some Flowmasters that he claims to have installed on a couple. Should be on for Saturday, with new tires and the CAGS Skip Shift thing. Now I need to get a shifter.

#5 ·
koop said:
Rilmyster

I found a guy that's done a couple of V's, he got me some Flowmasters that he claims to have installed on a couple. Should be on for Saturday, with new tires and the CAGS Skip Shift thing. Now I need to get a shifter.
Careful, Koop, that "I don't want to mod" position seems to be slipping...

#6 ·
lawfive said:
Careful, Koop, that "I don't want to mod" position seems to be slipping...
The dark side is calling...

#8 ·
I just heard we have a baby sitter from Sat - Mon:banana:, sounds like a Vegas run may be in order!

I'm out for Saturday :gnome:

#10 ·
I can't even imagine putting the stocker back on after having the B&B resonator. Now the sounditude matches the car's performance. And you have to love sitting at a stoplight having people looking around to see what's making that great sound -- surely not the Caddy!?!

#11 ·
RobzBLKV said:
How about "my wife really, really doesn't want the car any louder" or "would love to, but I keep getting ultimatums like "new exhaust or new tools." So far, stock exhaust. lol.
My wife has the same phobia stemming from a traumatic experince with her brother-in-law who has a penchant to hang "fart cans" on four-bangers and she had to take a long drive with him... once.

I assured her the Corsa was no such animal and virtually guaranteed not to drone. I even had her listen to the sound clips on the Corsa site. She gave me "the look".. I bought anyway. Afterwards, her comment, "It's fine. It's loud when it's in the garage though." See I always back-in to the garage which becomes a giant acoustic reflex chamber.

First time my ten year-old son rode in it post-install.. "What's with that sound?" He always rides in the back seat and apparently the differnce stock-to-modified is more noticable from there.

Moral of the story, buy the Corsa and keep your wife outta the back seat!

#13 ·
Are you a spintech rep? Didn't you post somewhere else? You should get spintech on your V. Then come tell us about spintech.

I'm sure that if VELOSE didn't get the Bassani on his V, someone else may sometime soon. But now, with pics and hopefully some sound clips, others will jump in. But someone needs to get the ball rolling.

#14 ·
no I'm not a rep smart ass but I'm just having a hard time believing nobody else has ever used or heard their mufflers before. I had corsa on my V like everybody else before I heard spintech mufflers on a vette after that I was hooked. I have had no regrets. Just wondering what kind of headers to buy still...

#15 ·
It should be worth noting Magnaflow just released a cat back exhaust last week for ordering. I plan on getting one installed in the next 2 weeks and will let everyone know my thoughts.

If its like previous systems I have had from them it will sound great with no annoying drone. The prototype system that was briefly installed sounded amazing. Lets see if that sound continued over to a production version!

#16 ·
shanseverijn said:
no I'm not a rep smart ass but...
HEY, big Jim isn't a smart ass!

Err... wait, yes he is :D

-Chris

#19 ·
shanseverijn said:
no I'm not a rep smart ass but I'm just having a hard time believing nobody else has ever used or heard their mufflers before. I had corsa on my V like everybody else before I heard spintech mufflers on a vette after that I was hooked. I have had no regrets. Just wondering what kind of headers to buy still...
Wow, being called a smartass by a newb. Or are you a lurker? Either way, if you have spintech mufflers, why not explain how these wonders of automotive achievement actually sound instead of saying:

how come noone uses spintechs? Dey da shiznit, yo!:welcome:

I'm not going to buy a new exhaust because some newb with 16 posts likes them. Before I was to spend a grand, I listened to a B&B resonator version and a B&B X-pipe version. Again, why not post some sound clips and explain instead of leaving the same useless posts in every exhaust thread you see?:suspense:

#21 ·
thebigjimsho said:
Wow, being called a smartass by a newb. Or are you a lurker? Either way, if you have spintech mufflers, why not explain how these wonders of automotive achievement actually sound instead of saying:
how come noone uses spintechs? Dey da shiznit, yo!:welcome:
I'm not going to buy a new exhaust because some newb with 16 posts likes them. Before I was to spend a grand, I listened to a B&B resonator version and a B&B X-pipe version. Again, why not post some sound clips and explain instead of leaving the same useless posts in every exhaust thread you see?:suspense:
Welcome to the forum!

:drinker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.