UUC Motor Mounts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, UUC Motor Mounts in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Guys, I've read up on the history of these mounts. I inherited them (yellow ones) in my 2005 CTS-V that ...
    Derek5.7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

UUC Motor Mounts

Guys, I've read up on the history of these mounts. I inherited them (yellow ones) in my 2005 CTS-V that I bought last April. Did UUC ever get a version of these into production that worked okay (before discontinuing them)? I'm guessing mine are 2012 vintage? Anyone still have these in their cars or has everyone switched over to a company like Creative Steel?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Re: UUC Motor Mounts

I hadn't heard of a revised version that people were happy with. How are yours holding up?

I have the CS mounts and they are triple heat shielded (stock shields, CS shields, and leftover header wrap). They're a bit stiff when cold, but smooth out some when warmer.

They seem to be holding up okay - they don't have any obvious signs of being torn/ripped. On engine shut-down I get a small "clunk" which I've learned to kind of live with - I'm wondering if the UUC yellow ones are stiffer/less flexible than the black CS ones. How old are your CS mounts - and do you have the red or black ones? Max said the CS motor mounts he sells now (latest version) seem to have met customer needs/satisfaction because he's had few (maybe he said no) returns/complaints for about three years. So moral of the story on my UUC mounts - I'm going to try and live with them knowing that these are probably inferior to those offered by companies like CS and Speed Shift. About to install the CS tranny mount and waiting for the new adjustable short shifter soon to be offered by Creative Steel - this should be an awesome upgrade! I did the front rear diff bushings w/block swap by CS a couple of months back and that was an amazing improvement.

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

I believe I have the latest version of the CS black mounts. I've had them in for about two years now--I'm not sure if he's updated them since. If anything I wish they were a bit softer for comfort, but I know that's just the nature of polyurethane.

If your mounts aren't melted or pulling apart I wouldn't bother replacing them. Any improvements in feel would be marginal and it's a lot of work (especially on your back under the car). When it comes down to it they're both just chunks of poly with bolts through them.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I've had my yellow UUC mounts on the car for a few years now with no issues. I replaced the engine not quite 2 years ago, and transferred the mounts from the old engine to the new one. It would've been pretty obvious if there was a problem at that point.

I still have the factory heat shields on them. Car is daily driven and also used for track events.
    rand49er likes this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Glad to hear they're holding up okay.

When Luke (@ Lindsay Cadillac) was selling out of these a few years back, I bought a set in case I'd need them at some time in the future. They're still in a box somewhere, and my OEMs are doing just fine..
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post

When Luke (@ Lindsay Cadillac) was selling out of these a few years back, I bought a set in case I'd need them at some time in the future. They're still in a box somewhere, and my OEMs are doing just fine..
    Yew drive leik a gurl.

-Chris
    rand49er and lollygagger8 like this.
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    Yew drive leik a gurl.

-Chris
    LOL, I removed my "warranty replacement" OEM's for poly and LOVE IT! Only had 5k on the OEM's, but they still allowed the motor to move around. Really no extra vibs in my car, it feels different, but nothing anyone would ever notice without being told prior to.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I've had my yellow UUC mounts on the car for a few years now with no issues. I replaced the engine not quite 2 years ago, and transferred the mounts from the old engine to the new one. It would've been pretty obvious if there was a problem at that point.

I still have the factory heat shields on them. Car is daily driven and also used for track events.
    Same here. Have had them on since 2007 with no problems. Track and street.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

I'm on my 4th set:

- UUC Prototype #1 (too tall)
    - UUC Prototype #2 (removed for production run)
    - Black UUC's (twisted thread)
    - Yellow UUC's (one is busted, haven't pulled it out yet to see what failure mode is, but it is toast)

I have a set of UMI's waiting to go on. I'm done with UUC.

-Chris
    heavymetals likes this.
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

I was done with UUC after a conversation with the owner of the company about their crappy motor mounts.

What a putz.
    trukk, ctsv154, PISNUOFF and 1 others like this.

Chris, can you tell by a visual inspection whether or not the yellow UUC engine mounts are toast? Are there any tell-tale signs?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    I'm on my 4th set:

- UUC Prototype #1 (too tall)
    - UUC Prototype #2 (removed for production run)
    - Black UUC's (twisted thread)
    - Yellow UUC's (one is busted, haven't pulled it out yet to see what failure mode is, but it is toast)

I have a set of UMI's waiting to go on. I'm done with UUC.

-Chris
    Let me guess - you've replaced your accelerator pedal with a toggle switch.
    rand49er and SevillianSTS like this.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

I used to have the UUC yellow ones and sold em. The first set I had the stud turned inside the urethane.

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

The original black mounts had Allen bolts molded in poly. The heads where round and they would spin and pull out. This happened to me and several others. After that I bought a limited production run similar to the UMI mounts and love them. I had te black UUC mounts replaced with yellows under warranty but sold them.

The new yellow mounts where supposed to be new and improved with anti turning hardware blah blah blah. What they did was replace the Allen head bolts with a hex head bolt and that was it. Several people have still had issues with these but not as prevalent as the black mounts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.