Check Engine light with Lingenfelter intake?!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Check Engine light with Lingenfelter intake?! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So I installed the Lingenfelter intake and after a day of driving the check engine light has popped on. I ...
    L.Sanchez is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Check Engine light with Lingenfelter intake?!

So I installed the Lingenfelter intake and after a day of driving the check engine light has popped on. I read somewhere here that the same thing had happened to someone else. Any input on this??? Should I reset something or should I just let it be and it'll go away??? Any ideas as to why this happened?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Re: Check Engine light with Lingenfelter intake?!

Most likely there is an air leak between between the MAF and throttle body. Double check all the connections and clamps.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I experienced this too. It's most likely an air leak. Be sure to remove the rubber gasket from the MAF before installing the LPE CAI. They don't explain that in the directions and there are no pictures of it. Chances are though even with the CAI all sealed you will need a trip to the dealer to clear the code. I drove around for about 2 months with the CE light on until the half shaft broke.

trekster is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V R.I.P.

Check for airleaks and just reset your car. Disconnect the negative part of the battery for a few minutes and plug it back in and wala engine light gone!

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

BB -

It takes more than a few minutes for a reset. I did mine last night for 8 hours and it didn't reset. There is some serious residual power store somewhere for the V. I had my PCM out for 3 days and only then did my computer fully reset. I'll bet Stealth or V-Series Tech knows the answer to this one.

L.Sanchez is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks for the help guys! I'm going to go and check for some air leaks.

Other than that, I'm very happy with the CAI. It sounds like its ready to inhale whatever is in front of it. I'll have to check periodically for nesting small animals or low flying birds.:coolgleam

1gCtsV05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

hang on boys... did you leaveyour air mass sensor on?!?!
    I experienced this (dealer install)... the oil from filter gets sucked in on induction...
    blocks thesensor... dries in a few days... the light will go on and off.... if you "punch" it hard or really rev up your motorit will happen again... happened to me for 3 weeks... then no more...

this may cause your sensor to malfunction... with dealer installl they warrantied it for me if that were the case.. but it wasnt....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.