Creative Steel: Front Sway Bar Bushings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Creative Steel: Front Sway Bar Bushings in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I wanted to let you guys know that we now have the bushings for the front sway bar that fit ...
    Creative Steel Inc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTSV

Creative Steel: Front Sway Bar Bushings

I wanted to let you guys know that we now have the bushings for the front sway bar that fit the factory brackets. If you have some clunking coming from the front suspension when you hit bumps in the road then your sway bar bushings are probably bad/worn out. We put a set of these on our car and it was crazy how such a simple, seemingly insignificant bushing could tighten up the way the car corners. And...the clunking is gone.

Our bushings have grease grooves cast in them so you can grease them periodically to avoid the squeaking that urethane bushing are know for over time. In order to grease them you will need to drill and tap the top of your existing/factory brackets to install a grease zerk. In time we will also be offering the OEM brackets with the grease zerk installed for those of you that want a turn key solution delivered to your door.

front sway bar bushing.JPG

These bushings are listed on our website for $29.95 a pair + shipping
    Visit the website: https://creative-steel.com/store/ind...t_detail&p=164

Open Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00pm PST
    Phone: 503-316-1811
    Fax: 503-316-1814
    Kristie@Creative-Steel.com

Follow us on Facebook!: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creat...39612609499435

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsv247 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Re: Creative Steel: Front Sway Bar Bushings

Excellent thank you!

How about the rear?

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv247 View Post
    Excellent thank you!

How about the rear?
    Not a problem, the rears are "on the list"
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Do you ever plan on offering all the suspension business as a package deal? I'm hoping to rebush the whole suspension this year at some point.

Stuff like control arm bushings for upper and lower front arms front and rear, motor mounts and trans mounts, etc etc. I know you have the motor, trans, shifter, cradle and diff bushings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Do you ever plan on offering all the suspension business as a package deal? I'm hoping to rebush the whole suspension this year at some point.

Stuff like control arm bushings for upper and lower front arms front and rear, motor mounts and trans mounts, etc etc. I know you have the motor, trans, shifter, cradle and diff bushings.

Thanks
    Yes, We can offer all of the parts you mentioned as a package deal (in the near future). All of the parts that you mentioned are finished except for the lower rear bushings. Unless you guys tell us different, we don't see a need to make the rear lowers. The bushing at the knuckle end is basically a rod end from the factory and the end that mounts in the cradle has about 1/16" of rubber in it can't deflect much under load. I'm not against making them if someone can tell me of detail that I'm overlooking.

As I stated above, all of the parts on the list are finished. We just need to get them on our car to see if there are bugs to work out.

kyle242gt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I have a side-to-side clunk on very minor surface irregularities, nothing on more serious turns/bumps. I'd assumed that this was the endlinks rattling vs. the chassis bushings compressing/contacting. With the car up on the lift and suspension unloaded, everything's bound up, so no way to check for sure

Any thoughts? This looks like a great product, but I hate replacing parts that are still good.

Car is a gently owned 05 with 70K.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative Steel Inc View Post

Yes, We can offer all of the parts you mentioned as a package deal (in the near future). All of the parts that you mentioned are finished except for the lower rear bushings. Unless you guys tell us different, we don't see a need to make the rear lowers. The bushing at the knuckle end is basically a rod end from the factory and the end that mounts in the cradle has about 1/16" of rubber in it can't deflect much under load. I'm not against making them if someone can tell me of detail that I'm overlooking.

As I stated above, all of the parts on the list are finished. We just need to get them on our car to see if there are bugs to work out.
    Sweet. I'll wait til you get everything all ready. I'll be in the market for stuff around April. Some other large expenditures on my plate right now. Can I assume they will all be 95a bushings?

Quote Originally Posted by kyle242gt View Post
    I have a side-to-side clunk on very minor surface irregularities, nothing on more serious turns/bumps. I'd assumed that this was the endlinks rattling vs. the chassis bushings compressing/contacting. With the car up on the lift and suspension unloaded, everything's bound up, so no way to check for sure

Any thoughts? This looks like a great product, but I hate replacing parts that are still good.

Car is a gently owned 05 with 70K.

Thanks.
    This sounds like worn sway bar bushings. On our car, we didn't have to hit a major pot hole to get a chunk. It would clunk when hitting manhole covers that were not flat with the pavement, going over rail road tracks, poorly patched street repairs, parking lots/driveways, etc. It was surely making noise more often than we noticed but noticed it most when driving at "in town" speeds.

----------

We will continue our options of both 75A or 95A.

Quote Originally Posted by "Creative Steel Inc View Post
    It would clunk when hitting manhole covers that were not flat with the pavement, going over rail road tracks, poorly patched street repairs, parking lots/driveways, etc.

----------

We will continue our options of both 75A or 95A.
    I have the same thing in my car... It clunks whenever I hit any road imperfections. Also its been aligned a few times but still pulls to one side. And when I turn right onto an onramp or something I can feel the clunk and feel resistance in the wheel. Like I said, need my bushings! Gotta replace old worn out items so I can troubleshoot other areas.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

These work great, be sure to lube them up though. I didn't put enough on so I'm getting a squeak here and there. Need to take them back out.

stratman1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I have a set on the way along with cradle bushings.

Our sway bar bushings have grease grooves and a port that directs grease from the outside of the bushing to the inside where it contacts the sway bar. It's a good idea while you're installing them to take the extra time to drill/tap the bracket for a grease zerk that lines up with the grease port in the bushing. This way you can grease it at a later date if it squeaks without taking it back apart.
    Auto part stores sell drill bits, taps and zerks....all three for under $20(?)

stratman1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Got mine yesterday!Man that was FAST!!!!Got the shifter bushings and rear cradle bushings as well.I have a busy weekend planned!

2007-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

These made a night/day difference on my car. No more clunking, no more "bouncy" feeling over irregular bumps, no more feeling like an 80s K car....

I did not replace the end links, those are still factory w/ 77k on them. Just replaced the bushings w/ these and feels like new.

highly recommend!

notstock4long2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Awesome! I swapped my factory front sway bar bushings with some aftermarket ones that required an adapter since they had the standard U-shaped bracket, and I am already getting the clunking again. Glad I kept the factory brackets! I'll be ordering these soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.