Hurst shifters for the V.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hurst shifters for the V. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I have modified 15 Hurst shifters thus far for the V with 15 ecstatic recipients. It's time to post a ...
    PISNUOFF Guest

Hurst shifters for the V.

I have modified 15 Hurst shifters thus far for the V with 15 ecstatic recipients. It's time to post a thread offering them.

The benefits of the Hurst short throw (45% reduction) shifter are:

1. It is a FULL replacement shifter. So if your stock nylon pivot ball and/or your nylon bushings in the base are creating side to side or up and down play, this will eliminate ALL of that. The only play that will be left in your system is what is created by the linkage at the transmission end.

2. A Teflon coated spherical bushing designed for this type of application is used in place of the stock nylon pivot ball and nylon housing setup. This bushing does not require as service during it's entire life cycle. This means that no periodic greasing is needed, install and forget about it. The spherical pivot bushing is also replaceable if it ever wears.

3. The bushings in the base are a completely new design. Using four years of shifter experience, I designed a new set of bushings to fit tighter, last longer and eliminate ALL of the play.

4. The Hurst kit comes with two stalks. The first one is the classic Hurst style exposed chrome stalk. This can be used with the white ball knob that is included or any of the other multiple Hurst knobs available. The second supplied stalk is designed for use with the stock gen5 Camaro or G8 knob. The stock V boot does not adapt to the Camaro or G8 knobs, however, I have developed a method to modify the second stalk to accept the stock V knob. I will have to ask that you send me your stock shifter after you swap it out for the modified 2nd stalk. I can also adapt any threads you desire to the top of the second modified stalk. Just ask, I can do it all.

5. The kit includes dynamat and rubber vibration isolation pieces. The dynamat is included if you you experience noise transmitted through your Hurst shifter. Of the hiders I have modified and shipped, I have not had any comments as to excessive noise from their shifters and I don't think anyone has used the Dynamat. The supplied rubber isolators go between the bottom portion and the upper stalk that the knob attaches to. This creates a barrier so the noise and vibration doesn't travel into the cabin.

6. The stalk is easily changed out. If you get bored with the exposed chrome stalk and white knob simply unbolt the two bolts and swap it out. This is all done through the center console.

7. The bottom of the shifter is raised an additional 3/16" from my modified stock shifter. This means there shouldn't be even a remote chance I hitting the driveshaft with any aftermarket trans mount, motor mounts or driveshaft combination.

8. The kit can be ordered with the black knob or the white knob. I will keep the white knob kits in stock and it should be less than a week for me to order a black knob kit, make the modifications and ship it to you.

9. Satisfaction guaranteed. As with my other shifters, I offer a lifetime guarantee. If you aren't completely satisfied I will work my best to make it right, up to and including full money back.

The standard cost is $275 shipped to your door. This includes the entire shifter kit, modification of the shifter to fit he V and shipping. Payment is preferred through Paypal, my address is br_1868@hotmail.com. If you would like the secondary stalk modified to accept the stock V knob I only require that you send me your stock shifter after you swap it out. I try to keep these in stock but if I run out the wait time will be less than a week.

A picture of the supplied kit.

Picture after installation.

A short video courtesy of Ryridesmotox.

MotorMounts and onebluedemon like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsv247 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Re: Hurst shifters for the V.

looks like 54 has some interesting competition! looks good!!!
    54inches likes this.

PISNUOFF Guest

No competition. These are not two suspension bushings welded to a shaft. I won't say any more on the subject, please don't jack this thread and clutter it up with comparisons as this is an ordering thread by an approved vendor on this sight. Buy one of each, if you like the other one better, I'll refund 100% of your money.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I won't say any more on the subject, please don't jack this thread and clutter it up with comparisons as this is an ordering thread by an approved vendor on this sight.
    Where's your vendor tag?
    54inches likes this.

ctsv247 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    No competition. These are not two suspension bushings welded to a shaft. I won't say any more on the subject, please don't jack this thread and clutter it up with comparisons as this is an ordering thread by an approved vendor on this sight. Buy one of each, if you like the other one better, I'll refund 100% of your money.
    Ease up scooter, I was paying you a complement.
    54inches likes this.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Ever thought about including your linkage bushings as part of a package deal? Have to figure if someone is going to go through all the work for the shifter, they might as well get the rest of the slop out I the linkage. Just a thought.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Where's your vendor tag?
    You try to get one. I've been trying to renew mine for quite some time. I sent another email today.

Pook0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Does the 275 include the shifter or do we need to order the shifter first then 275 to you for parts and labor to modify it. Sorry if its a noob question or if I didn't see it already stated in the thread.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

PISNUOFF Guest

$275 includes everything shipped to your door.

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

As I stated in another thread, Brian's work and customer service is TOP NOTCH. I wish he sold more things for me to buy, he offers quality work and quality service. Thanks again Brian!
    StretchASU and fweasel like this.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Hurst also offers a black shifter knob option. Same part number just black. I think the chrome shaft with a black knob would look killer, or you could plasti dip the chrome for a more stealth look.

Edit... Sry I didn't realize I was reposting stuff you already stated. ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF
    You need to put your name in the title so people know it's you're thread. You're name carries a lot of weight on these forums.
    PISNUOFF likes this.

PISNUOFF Guest

I'll have three kits with black knobs ready to ship on Friday.

ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

I was just about to ask if you were doing any with black knobs. Are they all spoken for or can I get one of the 3 you're going to have done.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    I'll be getting one as soon as I have a disposable $275. I just paid a lil over $3k for tuition and books so I'm living off the dollar menu for a while.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

I just ordered mine. Thanks for the speedy replies on the email and shipment.
    PISNUOFF likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.