Hurst shifters for the V. - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hurst shifters for the V. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by xbladr Brian I am sending you a pm I had a couple quick questions I just replied....
    PISNUOFF Guest

Re: Hurst shifters for the V.

Quote Originally Posted by xbladr View Post
    Brian I am sending you a pm I had a couple quick questions
    I just replied.

PISNUOFF Guest

For those of you that purchased the shifter and alcantara boot combo:

I managed to swing an awesome deal on the next round of boots from Redline and will pass the discount on to the the 5 boots that I purchased already. I will only be paying $49 for the next large order. After the 3% Paypal fees I'll only add $50 to the price of the Hurst kit so it'll only be a total of $325.

I'll be refunding $7 to each of you who already paid $332.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF
    For those of you that purchased the shifter and alcantara boot combo: I managed to swing an awesome deal on the next round of boots from Redline and will pass the discount on to the the 5 boots that I purchased already. I will only be paying $49 for the next large order. After the 3% Paypal fees I'll only add $50 to the price of the Hurst kit so it'll only be a total of $325. I'll be refunding $7 to each of you who already paid $332.
    Awesome. By early next month I'll be ready to get both.

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

To Ryde. I have a white knob, but before all this I had a 2 knob and boot with stock shifter. Got the modified stock but experienced quite a bit of noise in second and fourth. Worked with Brian and ended up with a hurst. But I really really missed my v2 knob! I really am in love with my v2 knob and boot. If I had stock boot knob I might have stuck with the hurst but now seeing the boot deals Brian's offering I would probably go that route. Thank goodness Brian modified the gen 5 camaro hurst top stalk to adapt our knobs. I dig my combo more with the very pronounced shifts, stiff, short, great feedback and stock look.

Pissnuoff FTW!!

Bueller is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I have the UUC shifter with weighted knob. I am thinking of switching to the Hurst with black knob. I like the feel of the current setup with the weighted ball but don't like the slack in the nylon/plastic cup. I'm sure I'm not the only one who switched from the UUC to Hurst/Pissnuoff. It looks like the throw is much shorter but is the effort enough so quick shifting is slowed down? If I purchase the shorter boot can it be stretched enough to work with my UUC knob? Thanks Brian for putting the work into this for us all.

PISNUOFF Guest

I don't believe the reduced throw effects quick shifting after it wears in which is a couple weeks. The shorter boot would be the correct one for use with the Hurst. I would need to sacrifice a stock shifter to adapt the extra Hurst upper stalk for the stock knob. I don't currently have any extra shifters for this and I'm sure you don't want to sacrifice your UUC shifter. I have sold plenty of Hurst shifters to people who would still have their stock shifters. I would presume that some of them would be willing to sell them for a small price. I would recommend making a thread asking to purchase one from someone. Otherwise it may be a while before I have an extra one. I only have two extra 1.5" shorter alcantara shifter boots left over from the group buy so you may want to get your name on one soon.

I want it and the shorter boot. I will pm you a few other questions this afternoon.

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

How much of an upgrade is this from your modified stock shifter? I installed your shifter but still have the stock bushings because improved ones were not available at that time. The install last time wasn't too bad, but was complicated by me being too fat to easily fit under the car even with it up on ramps and jack stands. If I open this up again I want the end all be all solution to shifter slop.

PISNUOFF Guest

I've been told that it is only marginally better at best. The big difference is the even shorter throw and the chrome stalk. I will send you a set of my latest bushings for your shifter. PM me your address.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I've been told that it is only marginally better at best. The big difference is the even shorter throw and the chrome stalk. I will send you a set of my latest bushings for your shifter. PM me your address.
    That probably depends on the condition of the nylon cup, and how hard you shift.

PISNUOFF Guest

Well, maybe someone could do a comparison. Lol

Also, the nylon ball is what wears out. The two piece outer cup is made from a different material. I inspect the nylon ball on each shifter I send out. If it's worn, I scrap it.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Well, maybe someone could do a comparison. Lol
    I apologize for the wait. I need to send you my new cell phone number at my next opportunity. It stays at home a lot right now because I haven't had the camera disabled for work yet.

PM sent

piening2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V
    Can't wait to get mine!

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by piening2150 View Post
    Can't wait to get mine!
    It should be arriving at your place today. I tried to email you the tracking number but the email on your PayPal account came back as undeliverable. I assume that you also have the UUC polyurethane bushings since you already have a UUC shifter. You won't need anything else besides a set of outer linkage bar polyurethane bushings, either the UUC ones or the Creative Steel ones.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.