Hurst shifters for the V. - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hurst shifters for the V. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by H-town_V Awesome... I'm trying to order it right now but the PayPal app on my phone is ...
    H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V
    Awesome... I'm trying to order it right now but the PayPal app on my phone is acting screwy. I'll figure it out when I get home.
    I hate my life...

So my kitchen sink wasn't draining right and this caused water to spill out of an overflow valve and drain outside in the parking area. Well long story short I was at school so my girlfriend called a plumber and now a simple fix has cost me $365. SMH... There goes my mod money for awhile.

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V
    Brian, I wanted to get your opinion on this shifter vs the shortened b&m that is what I have in the car right now. Is the hurst smoother? Pros and cons of the them? Just wondering if I pulled it out and swapped if I would feel much difference. I like my boot combo right now so I'm not sure if I want to change that or the shifter.

[IMG][/IMG]

PISNUOFF Guest

Re: Hurst shifters for the V.

Quote Originally Posted by izcain View Post
    Brian, I wanted to get your opinion on this shifter vs the shortened b&m that is what I have in the car right now. Is the hurst smoother? Pros and cons of the them? Just wondering if I pulled it out and swapped if I would feel much difference. I like my boot combo right now so I'm not sure if I want to change that or the shifter.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I love that gto knob. It looks like it belongs there.

There are two people swapping their B&M shifters for the Hurst. I sent one last week and one yesterday. We will have to wait for their impressions. I can say that the B&M calls for you to reuse the stock nylon bushings in the base. These bushings get brittle, wear out, break and didn't fit tight to begin with. They are the cause of the majority of the slop.

One thing to note, the B&M uses a different hold down cup so if anyone doesn't have their stock one, they must let me know so I can make a different adapter sleeve.

Sounds good I will wait and see what they think of them.

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

I like how that GTO knob looks, looks like it is perfect size and the stitching goes very well on the boot. I so far love the shift quality of my hurst but am still missing the feel of my V2 knob instead of the white hurst.

Ct$-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Many thanks to Brian for helping me out with the pivot bearing cup. I believe that I was "that guy" who had it all broken down ready to go, but lacked the part. Looking forward to swapping the shifter from B&M to the Hurst tomorow. Thanks again Brian for sending that along!

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    If anyone is swapping from a B&M shifter to the Hurst, make sure you have the black metal hold down cup from your stock setup. It is the only part of the stock setup you'll need for the Hurst and the B&M doesn't require it since it replaces it with a blue anodized piece. It is shown in the picture below. If you don't have one of these, please let me know so I can make one for you and send it with the kit.

PISNUOFF likes this.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Becker View Post
    I like how that GTO knob looks, looks like it is perfect size and the stitching goes very well on the boot. I so far love the shift quality of my hurst but am still missing the feel of my V2 knob instead of the white hurst.
    I'll have a stock adapter for you soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ct$-V
    Many thanks to Brian for helping me out with the pivot bearing cup. I believe that I was "that guy" who had it all broken down ready to go, but lacked the part. Looking forward to swapping the shifter from B&M to the Hurst tomorow. Thanks again Brian for sending that along!
    Im looking forward to your input on the difference!

ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

We'll I bought this on impulse a little bit. This is the first stick car I've owned and driven regularly. So by no means did I understand the complaints about the shifter in this car for lack of experience. Finally got the shifter installed tonight. What a difference from stock! I didn't understand all the slop and play everyone talked about until now with something to compare to. Went in pretty easy and loved it. Shorter throw is great, nicely tight, positive engagement to each gear. Nicely done Brian. I'll get the old stock one back to you in the mail this weekend or Monday since I got both stalk options. Now I need to figure out how to get that boot squished down further.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvoom View Post
    We'll I bought this on impulse a little bit. This is the first stick car I've owned and driven regularly. So by no means did I understand the complaints about the shifter in this car for lack of experience. Finally got the shifter installed tonight. What a difference from stock! I didn't understand all the slop and play everyone talked about until now with something to compare to. Went in pretty easy and loved it. Shorter throw is great, nicely tight, positive engagement to each gear. Nicely done Brian. I'll get the old stock one back to you in the mail this weekend or Monday since I got both stalk options. Now I need to figure out how to get that boot squished down further.
    Try one of these. There are already over 20 people that are in on it. I have some on their way right now that are 1.5" shorter.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...group-buy.html

we3hokies is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Checking to see if you have any of the hurst and alcantara shift boot combos left? Thanks.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by we3hokies View Post
    Checking to see if you have any of the hurst and alcantara shift boot combos left? Thanks.
    I expect to have my first order of shift boots arrive this week. There are several available. I just sent an e-mail asking for a delivery date.

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

Just got my stock V2 knob installed on my hurst base and am DIGGING it. I liked the hurst but I could not get a liking to the hurst knob and the nut underneath it that I kept grabbing during shifting. Personal preference but I had a fresh V2 knob sitting on my shelf so I really wanted it back on the caddy!

Works like a champ

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by Becker View Post
    Just got my stock V2 knob installed on my hurst base and am DIGGING it. I liked the hurst but I could not get a liking to the hurst knob and the nut underneath it that I kept grabbing during shifting. Personal preference but I had a fresh V2 knob sitting on my shelf so I really wanted it back on the caddy!

Works like a champ
    What color Hurst ball do you have? If its the black one I'll take it off your hands.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Brian I am sending you a pm I had a couple quick questions

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.