Hurst shifters for the V. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hurst shifters for the V. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic Hopefully this isn't too risque for this forum: That is hilarious....
    RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post

Hopefully this isn't too risque for this forum:
    That is hilarious.

PISNUOFF Guest

Re: Hurst shifters for the V.

Quote Originally Posted by cjmV View Post
    Ha! Fantastic^^^

Brian,

How tall is the shift knob with the modified stock(non Hurst) knob you offer? I'd like shorter shifts, though not necessarily a super short shifter. Is it similar to stock?
    It is taller than the Hurst chrome stalk by about 3/4". It is about 3/4" lower than the stock knob height.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    You people have got to drive this car with a short shifter and a properly installed Hurst T Bar.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Everything looks amazing......except that San Diego jersey you are wearing.

I have a UUC shifter, and will be switching to your badass shifter. Order on it's way!

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmV View Post
    Ha! Fantastic^^^

Brian,

How tall is the shift knob with the modified stock(non Hurst) knob you offer? I'd like shorter shifts, though not necessarily a super short shifter. Is it similar to stock?

It is taller than the Hurst chrome stalk by about 3/4". It is about 3/4" lower than the stock knob height.
    I can easily make it any height you want. If you want it closer to stock height, just let me know. I have found the knob height to be most comfortable when it's between 1/2" to 1" lower than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Everything looks amazing......except that San Diego jersey you are wearing.

I have a UUC shifter, and will be switching to your badass shifter. Order on it's way!
    I assume you are talking about my San Diego jersey... Its a 1984 Kellen Winslow jersey. Its my favorite... Aside from my Rollie Fingers jersey.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    I assume you are talking about my San Diego jersey... Its a 1984 Kellen Winslow jersey. Its my favorite... Aside from my Rollie Fingers jersey.
    As long as it's not Crybaby Rivers, I'm good. F that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post

As long as it's not Crybaby Rivers, I'm good. F that guy.
    I slightly agree. He is kind of a crybaby and he does annoy the shit out of me sometimes. Buuuuuut.....

If you go by qb rating overall he is #4 all time. Including his last 2 crappy seasons. What about Sherman? The guy thinks he is God's gift to cornerbacks... Like wtf? And everyone says oh he's a competitor and its an emotional game that's why. K... Makes sense.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

I have successfully adapted the stock attachment to the extra stalk. This gives you the option of using the stock CTS-V knob and boot instead of the exposed chrome Hurst stalk and knob. I will ask that you return your stock shifter if you want this option as I cut the top of the stalk and waste one of my cores in the process. Please note that you would like this in the notes section of the Paypal transaction.

*** You will receive both shifter options when you ask for this.

You probably already account for this, but when you thread the rod off the top of the stock shifter, do you do something so that it ensures the stock knob will still be positioned perfectly straight.
    Just curious how that works out ?
    We've had issues at work where we needed fittings to tighten up at a specific clocking and sometimes it would torque up in the completely wrong position.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SevillianSTS View Post
    You probably already account for this, but when you thread the rod off the top of the stock shifter, do you do something so that it ensures the stock knob will still be positioned perfectly straight.
    Just curious how that works out ?
    We've had issues at work where we needed fittings to tighten up at a specific clocking and sometimes it would torque up in the completely wrong position.
    I torque it down and check where it's clocked, if I can't just snug it more to get it straight I machine off some of the threads at the base with a lathe and retorque it. In this application, it is clocked correctly in two positions 180 deg apart.

if you try to twist the knob, it'll break before the threads loosen. It's on there very tight.
    Becker likes this.

Pook0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I'm very interested in one of the black ones, was curious if you offer a package with the revshift short shift boot and black Hurst shifter all in one pretty brown box?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pook0823 View Post
    I'm very interested in one of the black ones, was curious if you offer a package with the revshift short shift boot and black Hurst shifter all in one pretty brown box?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    I can do that since I haven't placed the group buy shifter boot order yet. I'll order some short Redline alcantara shifter boots now and ship one with a modified Hurst with a black knob when the boots arrive.

Please PayPal a total of $332. $275 for the shifter and $57 for the boot ($63 - $6 shipping).

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I can do that since I haven't placed the group buy shifter boot order yet. I'll order some short Redline alcantara shifter boots now and ship one with a modified Hurst with a black knob when the boots arrive.

Please PayPal a total of $332. $275 for the shifter and $57 for the boot ($63 - $6 shipping).
    Well that's the last straw....another discount....I just ordered my combo.
    ahahnu likes this.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Well that's the last straw....another discount....I just ordered my combo.
    Sweet! I just ordered the first round of 5 shifter boots, they should be here in about a week. I will hold on to these 5 and only send them out with Hurst shifters.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.