Hurst shifters for the V. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hurst shifters for the V. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; If i already have the shifter ,How much to modify the stalk to fit the stock knob....
    rs1969 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS V Thunder Gray

Re: Hurst shifters for the V.

If i already have the shifter ,How much to modify the stalk to fit the stock knob.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rs1969 View Post
    If i already have the shifter ,How much to modify the stalk to fit the stock knob.
    PM sent.

ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Cool it came today. Trying to talk my boyfriend I to getting this sweet looking stick in the car. Once done I'll send the core back to you.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    I milled and sleeved the hurst knob, put in a front set screw to work on my B & M, worked great. Why mod the stalk ?

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    I milled and sleeved the hurst knob, put in a front set screw to work on my B & M, worked great. Why mod the stalk ?
    Mostly to get rid of the stock nylon pivot ball and housing. This shifter shortens the throw and replaces the nylon pivot ball and nylon housing with a spherical bushing that is really smooth when it rotates. This shifter also allows you the flexibility of swapping the top half of the stalk from stock to the chrome Hurst that comes in the kit or a taller one that can be purchased from Hurst. An additional benefit of the two piece stalk is the rubber isolation pieces that can be installed between the pieces to stop the noise and vibration from being transmitted into the cabin.

The b&m reuses the stock nylon bushings in the base. Most of these are worn out and cracking. Let me know if you want a set that I've designed to fit tight and take up all of the slop at that joint.

Whitten is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I'm in, I am adding this to my order for the alcantra shift boot as well. Email sent to your Hotmail.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF
    Mostly to get rid of the stock nylon pivot ball and housing. This shifter shortens the throw and replaces the nylon pivot ball and nylon housing with a spherical bushing that is really smooth when it rotates. This shifter also allows you the flexibility of swapping the top half of the stalk from stock to the chrome Hurst that comes in the kit or a taller one that can be purchased from Hurst. An additional benefit of the two piece stalk is the rubber isolation pieces that can be installed between the pieces to stop the noise and vibration from being transmitted into the cabin. The b&m reuses the stock nylon bushings in the base. Most of these are worn out and cracking. Let me know if you want a set that I've designed to fit tight and take up all of the slop at that joint.
    My post was unclear, you absolutely need to replace the POS stock shifter in this car. That stock thing is like rowing in a bucket of Jell-O.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Do you still have a black one ready to ship?

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V View Post
    Do you still have a black one ready to ship?
    I have one more in hand ready to ship and I have more that are shipping to me today. They should be ready to ship by Friday.

Brian

PISNUOFF Guest

If anyone is swapping from a B&M shifter to the Hurst, make sure you have the black metal hold down cup from your stock setup. It is the only part of the stock setup you'll need for the Hurst and the B&M doesn't require it since it replaces it with a blue anodized piece. It is shown in the picture below. If you don't have one of these, please let me know so I can make one for you and send it with the kit.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF
    I have one more in hand ready to ship and I have more that are shipping to me today. They should be ready to ship by Friday. Brian
    Awesome... I'm trying to order it right now but the PayPal app on my phone is acting screwy. I'll figure it out when I get home.
    PISNUOFF likes this.

ranger2525 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v,2003 escalade,2000 corvette conv. 1996 harley, 20

I want to second third and forth the great service Brian provides!! He is a stand up guy and will provide service above and beyond any you get elsewhere. PERIOD!!
    PISNUOFF likes this.

PISNUOFF Guest

^^^Thanks. I just try to follow the golden rule.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    ^^^Thanks. I just try to follow the golden rule.
    Hopefully this isn't too risque for this forum:

SevillianSTS, PISNUOFF and xbladr like this.

cjmV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Ha! Fantastic^^^

Brian,

How tall is the shift knob with the modified stock(non Hurst) knob you offer? I'd like shorter shifts, though not necessarily a super short shifter. Is it similar to stock?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.