Hurst shifters for the V. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hurst shifters for the V. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by ctsvoom I was just about to ask if you were doing any with black knobs. Are they ...
    PISNUOFF Guest

Re: Hurst shifters for the V.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvoom View Post
    I was just about to ask if you were doing any with black knobs. Are they all spoken for or can I get one of the 3 you're going to have done.
    None of the black ones are spoken for at the moment. Mention that you want a black knob in the comments section of the Paypal transaction.

2007-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

I should be ordering one of these soon, however I have searched around and cannot seem to find the "how-to" on the install. I remember seeing it a-while ago but seem to have lost my research skills....or something.

Also other than what you send and shifter bushings is anything else needed....or rather would be a good idea while in there? It doesn't look like it but want to be sure.

PISNUOFF Guest

The only other thing would be a set of polyurethane outer linkage bar bushings from either Luke at Lindsay Cadillac or Creative Steel.

I send the installation instructions from my modified stock shifter along with the kits. The install how to floating around says to remove the entire center console, that is not necessary.

Basically you remove the knob and boot, remove a hold down plate (4 nuts and 2 bolts), remove the bolt at the base of the shifter, drill out two rivets from the top. To install you transfer the pivot tube and bolt to the base of the Hurst, install two bolts through the metal hold down cup (presses the Hurst pivot housing between it and the body), reinstall the hold down plate, install the foam insulation and knob/boot.

2007-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Ok cool, and the CS are the $25 set they sell im assuming (I only see the one option for shifter bushing options). If so then I already have a set of those somewhere I never put on my old 05.

Thanks again for the info, step 2...commission check....step 3...shifter and mounts...lol

PISNUOFF Guest

That would be the ones you need.

76Y82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I'll have three kits with black knobs ready to ship on Friday.
    Ah, wish I had known about the black knobs before I got mine. Oh well, I'll pick up one separately.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 76Y82 View Post
    Ah, wish I had known about the black knobs before I got mine. Oh well, I'll pick up one separately.
    Sell the white one on eBay. The are going for $30ish new.

.......Or I could order an extra black kit and send you the black knob then you send me your white one. Email me if you want me to swap it out for you.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V View Post
    Hurst also offers a black shifter knob option. Same part number just black. I think the chrome shaft with a black knob would look killer, or you could plasti dip the chrome for a more stealth look.
    Black knob would be the way to go. I dipped the stock of mine and it didn't look right so I peeled it off. Well that's my opinion anyways. There needs to be a little color contrast there.

76Y82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Sell the white one on eBay. The are going for $30ish new.

.......Or I could order an extra black kit and send you the black knob then you send me your white one. Email me if you want me to swap it out for you.
    Yeah, I'll just sell the white one and pick up a black one from Jegs. They've got them for like $30.

No worries, thanks for the offer though!
    PISNUOFF likes this.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

I have the UUC shortie in there now. The rivets were drilled years ago. More of a direct swap now?

PISNUOFF Guest

Same swap, just no drilling out rivets.

ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Mine sent Brian and thanks.

PISNUOFF Guest

I have successfully adapted the stock attachment to the extra stalk. This gives you the option of using the stock CTS-V knob and boot instead of the exposed chrome Hurst stalk and knob. I will ask that you return your stock shifter if you want this option as I cut the top of the stalk and waste one of my cores in the process. Please note that you would like this in the notes section of the Paypal transaction.

*** You will receive both shifter options when you ask for this.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Brian, what are the chances that I could get a Hurst-modified-for-V-knob shifter, if I don't have a core, to do a direct A-to-B-to-C comparison between your shifter, 54inches shifter, and the improved CTS cup/Katech shifter?
    54inches likes this.

PISNUOFF Guest

No problem. Email me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.