Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Will the LS2 intake fit the LS6??

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SC2150 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been told I can use the 90mm LS2 Throttle Body on my LS6 with the FAST Intake. Can I just use a LS2 intake?

I've got a GM Stage2 performance cam in it and I've opened up the exhaust system. The tuner guy says to help the cam breath I need to put a 90mm throttle body in it. I'm trying to to avoid dropping $1000 on a FAST intake.

I need to know if the LS2 intake will work? What are the differences? Am I going backwards? :stirpot:

#2 ·
Yes, all cathedral ports interchange and sell me your LS6 take of please!

You far better off with a FAST 90 (used) or a FAST 92 as the LS2 sonic weld construction allows quite a bit of flow past each runner into the next (just like a reed-valve). That was cured with the LS3/L99, but they are rectangle ports and wont fit.

Used Fast 90's can be found out there.

#5 ·
Yes by why would you want to? The ls6 flows better than the ls2 (unless wildly ported). You can find a used fast 90 for 600$ or less, or pay lingenfelter 350$ to graft on a 90mm snout to your ls6.
^ This. The LS2 is the worst flowing LS intake GM made despite the 90mm throttle body. You can send your LS6 intake to TPIS and have them graft a 90mm inlet onto it for about $450.

#7 ·
Never saw your post. However, it is well documented the LS2 intake flows worse than truck intakes making it the worst LS intake ever made. The Fast has been out for years, and those who cannot spend that much have had the 90mm inlet swap option on their existing LS6 intake for almost 10 years. Many of us regurgitate the same basic info on these boards many times over for the newcomers out of courtesy when the info they are looking for can easily be found by searching.

Don't get all butt hurt about some of us missing your thread.

#8 ·
not Butt hurt and did search and have searched for the entire time I have owned the car. That is why in the post I had said if there was anybody that had RECENTLY done this that could add some new info. Darkman chimed in and gave a great response. I have added to it now since his reply and hoping to get some other insight maybe from everybody else. that is why I like coming here to this community for all of the support we give and soundboards we become for others.

BDV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.