Will the LS2 intake fit the LS6??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DMM
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Will the LS2 intake fit the LS6?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I've been told I can use the 90mm LS2 Throttle Body on my LS6 with the FAST Intake. Can I ...
    gingram2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Will the LS2 intake fit the LS6??

I've been told I can use the 90mm LS2 Throttle Body on my LS6 with the FAST Intake. Can I just use a LS2 intake?

I've got a GM Stage2 performance cam in it and I've opened up the exhaust system. The tuner guy says to help the cam breath I need to put a 90mm throttle body in it. I'm trying to to avoid dropping $1000 on a FAST intake.

I need to know if the LS2 intake will work? What are the differences? Am I going backwards?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: Will the LS2 intake fit the LS6??

Yes, all cathedral ports interchange and sell me your LS6 take of please!

You far better off with a FAST 90 (used) or a FAST 92 as the LS2 sonic weld construction allows quite a bit of flow past each runner into the next (just like a reed-valve). That was cured with the LS3/L99, but they are rectangle ports and wont fit.

Used Fast 90's can be found out there.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

stroll over to the CTS-V section and you can probably find a lot more help, just us V6's over here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...es-forum-2004/
    many mods \m/ \m/

nikdsctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Yes but why would you want to? The ls6 flows better than the ls2 (unless wildly ported). You can find a used fast 90 for 600$ or less, or pay lingenfelter 350$ to graft on a 90mm snout to your ls6.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by nikdsctsv View Post
    Yes by why would you want to? The ls6 flows better than the ls2 (unless wildly ported). You can find a used fast 90 for 600$ or less, or pay lingenfelter 350$ to graft on a 90mm snout to your ls6.
    ^ This. The LS2 is the worst flowing LS intake GM made despite the 90mm throttle body. You can send your LS6 intake to TPIS and have them graft a 90mm inlet onto it for about $450.
    PISNUOFF likes this.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

All of the responses on here about this post and 100 views on mine and no responses about going the TPIS/Lingenfelter intake for mine for the same reasons? Just want a little recent news or reports about it instead of old posts.

BDV

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy-V View Post
    All of the responses on here about this post and 100 views on mine and no responses about going the TPIS/Lingenfelter intake for mine for the same reasons? Just want a little recent news or reports about it instead of old posts.

BDV
    Never saw your post. However, it is well documented the LS2 intake flows worse than truck intakes making it the worst LS intake ever made. The Fast has been out for years, and those who cannot spend that much have had the 90mm inlet swap option on their existing LS6 intake for almost 10 years. Many of us regurgitate the same basic info on these boards many times over for the newcomers out of courtesy when the info they are looking for can easily be found by searching.

Don't get all butt hurt about some of us missing your thread.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

not Butt hurt and did search and have searched for the entire time I have owned the car. That is why in the post I had said if there was anybody that had RECENTLY done this that could add some new info. Darkman chimed in and gave a great response. I have added to it now since his reply and hoping to get some other insight maybe from everybody else. that is why I like coming here to this community for all of the support we give and soundboards we become for others.

BDV

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Will agree, the LS2 is a horrible intake manifold...the LS6 is great, but a used FAST 90 will out do a grafted 90MM snout onto a LS6, but they are close when done correctly. Would not hesitate to use either TPIS or Lingenfelter for the conversion.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.