Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Shifter base and linkage needed

3K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  ctsv247 
#1 ·
Moving towards a clutch and 8.8 swap in the spring but in the mean time I have a buddy who fabricates drag bike chassis for a living and is in between projects so he needs something to do. I need a shifter base and shift linkage for him to mock up a base with no rubber insulators and the extra support struts we've seen along with a sturdier version of the linkage that runs from the shifter to the transmission. If anyone has these please let me know as I haven't seen any on eBay. Thanks!

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
In designing this, it would be nice to try and keep the noise to a minimum..it is still a Cadillac. Initial thoughts are to build this out of tubing, drill a couple of small hole in it and inject it with silicon or something of that nature to help dampen the vibrations a bit. I guess you could also wrap the outside of the base in something that would withstand the high temps. Would there be enough room to weld some sort of weight on there like you see on some exhaust systems to prevent drone?

#13 ·
I wish I could help you out. I think this is the way to go. you should get a few people to pitch in and purchase one. I would be down for contributing to the cause. You have to get that damn shifter from being mounted to the body, its a weak link. I agree, the "gate" is not needed.

#14 ·
Thanks for the support!

I've got a guy who can make this and do a good job of it. I'm not doing my clutch install until I get this done.

Wonder what the factory piece cost cause I've offered a couple of people $100 for their cores but nobody wants to separate.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.