265/40-18 on stock wheels(all around)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 265/40-18 on stock wheels(all around) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I know from a little research that they will fit with stock suspension... So I'm just wondering who has run ...
    H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v

265/40-18 on stock wheels(all around)

I know from a little research that they will fit with stock suspension... So I'm just wondering who has run this wheel/tire setup. What's the pros if any or the cons.

I just ordered some continental dw tires in 265/40-18 and can't wait to get them put on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NickL84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts-V

Re: 265/40-18 on stock wheels(all around)

As long as the tires are of equal or better load/speed rating, you should be fine. You may run into rubbing issues in the front while in a full turn, but I can't confirm that.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

I don't have any clue how they will do on the car but will look forward to hearing what you say about them. as I just went stock size when I got new tires last year because I wasn't sure if we could do wider on that rim. I would like to at some point if those work get some wider ones.

BDV

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

PISNUOFF Guest

Besides looking small in the wheel wells and your speedo being off you shouldn't have any issues. I've run 275/40's on the rear for many years so fitting a 265 on the stock rim is not an issue.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

They're going to be a little smaller than stock size tires is all. There's pros and cons to go along with that.

PISNUOFF Guest

I thought 255's were the largest you could go on the front without hitting the knuckle with the inside top of the tire.

Thanks all... If I have any issues up front I can exchange them for another size. ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF
    Besides looking small in the wheel wells and your speedo being off you shouldn't have any issues. I've run 275/40's on the rear for many years so fitting a 265 on the stock rim is not an issue.
    I hope the wheel gap is not awful. The tire diameter is only 1.3% smaller than stock.

Also can a tuner correct the speedo?

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

I've run 255/40, 265/35, and 275/35 up front, but all on TD wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
    I've run 255/40, 265/35, and 275/35 up front, but all on TD wheels.
    Any rub issues with the 265's or bigger. I really like the TD wheels... However I've stashed some money away for a set of f14's in the spring

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

I'm currently running 255/45 tires. Not as wide but taller than stock. If I hit a major dip or bump in the road at speed the fronts rub. Other than that no contact.... makes me think you will be okay. Personally I couldn't stand the wheel well gap with the stock tires which is why I went a .5" larger, not to mention I kinda like the beefy look and the extra 10mm doesn't hurt. I can notice the slight gear reduction and I like it especially in 1st gear.

PISNUOFF Guest

Weird. I couldn't even get the tip of my pinky between the tire and knuckle with 255/45's up front on stock 8.5" wide wheels.

A tuner can fix the speedo in two minutes. The speedo will only be 2.5% off.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V View Post
    Any rub issues with the 265's or bigger. I really like the TD wheels... However I've stashed some money away for a set of f14's in the spring
    I haven't had any issues with those up front or 285s in the rear and the car is now lowered. I run a decent amount of negative camber (not enough to not trash the edges of R6s though).

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Weird. I couldn't even get the tip of my pinky between the tire and knuckle with 255/45's up front on stock 8.5" wide wheels.

A tuner can fix the speedo in two minutes. The speedo will only be 2.5% off.
    It might be the different offset or maybe the lower profile tires. It was tight though.

I do think eventually I want to get some 19s for the street and switch the TDs back to track use. Maybe I'll still keep the stockers for rain tires.

2007V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, maggie

I have 265's up front, stock suspension and stock alignment specs. It is close to the knuckle but fine. 275s in the front would probably take a small wheel spacer

Quote Originally Posted by 2007V
    I have 265's up front, stock suspension and stock alignment specs. It is close to the knuckle but fine. 275s in the front would probably take a small wheel spacer
    265/40-18 or another size? Can you post pics?

2007V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, maggie

Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V View Post
    265/40-18 or another size? Can you post pics?
    Yep, 265/40zr18 Michelin PSS.

I can email you some pics but it won't let me upload from my iPad. They really don't show much. I can get an inspection mirror I between the knuckle and the tire but that is about it. Probably 3/16" or 1/4" of clearance. It is very close but clears.

18. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.