Hey guys just got a ls6 cts-v and have some questions.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hey guys just got a ls6 cts-v and have some questions. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys just got a cts-v and would like to do some mods. I would like to get to around ...
    jmj4492 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hey guys just got a ls6 cts-v and have some questions.

Hey guys just got a cts-v and would like to do some mods. I would like to get to around 440-450 at the crank. My buddy just bought a ls3 camaro and they have 426hp so I figured that would give me an advantage over him. I plan on doing a bbk 80mm tb, custom dyno tune and cam. I am going to get the cam and tune done at slowhawk performance in Bridgewater, MA which is a shop that specializes in lsx motors. I have heard nothing but good things about them too. Also this is the cam i plan to get http://www.lmperformance.com/6348/68.html.

Do you guys think those mods will get me to where i want to be? Also thanks in advance for any info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Hey guys just got a ls6 cts-v and have some questions.

LMP says:

"Nice upgrade from stock, good torque, good daily driver cam. Very string midrange cam. 1200-6000 RPM.

Lift: .522/.529 Dur@.050: 212/218 LSA: 114"

(I assume by "string" they mean strong.)

Stock LS6 cam:

"LS6 valve lift is .525-in., intake, and .525-in ... Measured at .050-in. tappet lift, LS6 intake duration is 204° and exhaust is
    211° ... The LS6 lobe centers are 116° apart ..."

So, the cam has slightly lower intake lift and higher exhaust lift plus a bit longer intake and exhaust duration. Net effect should be slightly more power, though I wouldn't know how much. Others here would be able to assess that better than I. Likewise, not sure about the 80mm TB; stock is 78mm.

Have you considered L-T headers? Probably get you 25-30 more rwhp (~35 at the crank) with a tune.

Congrats and welcome!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

PISNUOFF Guest

You'll get 450 rwHp on Slohawk's dyno with that cam....but 370 rwHp on anyone else's dyno. Pick a better camshaft, that one might as well be stock.

StretchASU is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Dont waste the money on that expensive throttle body. Its not limiting you in any way currently and probably wont for a while. You would probably see about the same gains from a ported stock TB and that would only run you about $125 in most cases if you just HAD to have a ported TB. I would recommend spending the money you would spend on an expensive throttle body and get motor mounts, trans mount, diff bushing and cradle bushings. This will save you a BUNCH of headaches in the long run.

These cars put down 400 at the crank from the factory so for your HP goals I would probably look into doing long tube headers, cam with supporting mods and a good tune. That would get you pretty close if not over your goal. IMO when it comes to the cam, call up Martin @ Tick Performance or drop him a PM on Tech and tell him your goals, driving style etc and what you want out of the car and he can spec or recommend a cam for you.

Thanks for the info guys. I would love to just do a dyno tune and headers, but I don't know if my car would pass inspection in ma with lt headers which sucks. Also would this cam be better

http://www.lmperformance.com/6362/68.html

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jmj4492 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I would love to just do a dyno tune and headers, but I don't know if my car would pass inspection in ma with lt headers which sucks. Also would this cam be better

http://www.lmperformance.com/6362/68.html
    MA does OBD-II inspections. I had a B&B catback with B&B header, with gutted cats, and my tune is set so it looks like there are cats there.

You absolutely CAN pass MA emmissions...

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Just put yourself in Slowhawk's hands for cam selection and everything. Tell him your budget and what you want your car to do and let him pick cam and supporting mods. That is a great shop. They know their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    Just put yourself in Slowhawk's hands for cam selection and everything. Tell him your budget and what you want your car to do and let him pick cam and supporting mods. That is a great shop. They know their shit.
    Yea I have heard great things about them. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and tell him what I want and see what they recommend. I can't wait to have more power haha. I mean the V is fast stock, but I feel like with a little more power and an anti wheel hop kit it will be perfect for me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.