Revshift - unshielded MM damage (pics)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Revshift - unshielded MM damage (pics) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The old ones buckled to 3.5" length. The new ones measure 3.75" length. These had no shielding and installed for ...
    philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Revshift - unshielded MM damage (pics)

The old ones buckled to 3.5" length. The new ones measure 3.75" length. These had no shielding and installed for about 18 months with my wrapped headers. I put about 5k miles on them and a lot of auto-x. I'm not heart broken over it - it happens. Revshift was nice enough to warranty the old ones.

If you have unshielded MMs in there then you might want to inspect them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Revshift - unshielded MM damage (pics)

Were there any operational indications that the mounts were in a degraded state, or did you only discover this through visual inspection?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Were there any operational indications that the mounts were in a degraded state, or did you only discover this through visual inspection?
    I was greasing my front sways and I noticed it. I had some 'crunching' sounds during aggressive turns and low 1-2 gear aggressive acceleration. No idea if this was the culprit. It's 1/4" lower through it's life.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

were those originally black in color?

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    were those originally black in color?
    They were originally blue - same color as the replacements.

fweasel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

"Shrinkage, like a frightened turtle"

voodoochikin04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts, 2004 Cts-v

same happened to mine and my friends, after about 4 months they looked worse than yours, with stock exhaust manifolds... on ours the starter side was completely black and busting apart. the other side was just black. Visual inspection was the cause of our find. Revshift replaced our mounts, and of course we purchased the silicone jackets this time around.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

We learned that the cts-v has A LOT of heat in the motor mount area. This is why we now INCLUDE SILICONE HEAT SHIELDS with all of the CTS/CTS-V mounts at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. We have not had anyone report any problems at all when the heat shields were installed. So, this issue that you are gut punching us with is out dated and has been corrected. We are a small company and we are trying very hard to produce the best products for your cars. This kind of stuff really hurts.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    We learned that the cts-v has A LOT of heat in the motor mount area. This is why we now INCLUDE SILICONE HEAT SHIELDS with all of the CTS/CTS-V mounts at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. We have not had anyone report any problems at all when the heat shields were installed. So, this issue that you are gut punching us with is out dated and has been corrected. We are a small company and we are trying very hard to produce the best products for your cars. This kind of stuff really hurts.
    He said they were unshielded. He said you warrantied them. You say you offer shields at no extra charge.

No info is outdated. It is what it is. I don't think anything negative was said. It's information.

There is no gut punching.
    sgtdestruction likes this.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

ctsv247 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    He said they were unshielded. He said you warrantied them. You say you offer shields at no extra charge.

No info is outdated. It is what it is. I don't think anything negative was said. It's information.

There is no gut punching.
    I agree with this. I believe everyone here has been extremely satisfied with your level of customer service, the fact that you stand behind your products and continually strive to make them better.

PISNUOFF Guest

Nobody was bashing anyone here. Your stuff isn't perfect, you've made changes, your stuff has improved. Stop thinking everyone on the Internet is out to gut punch or bash you. People could be saying a lot worse things right now but everyone appreciates the work you and your partner do for a dead platform that only made a low number of cars to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoochikin04 View Post
    same happened to mine and my friends, after about 4 months they looked worse than yours, with stock exhaust manifolds... on ours the starter side was completely black and busting apart. the other side was just black. Visual inspection was the cause of our find. Revshift replaced our mounts, and of course we purchased the silicone jackets this time around.
    voodoochikin04 - How long have you and your friend had the silicone covers/shields installed? Do you feel they've been installed long enough to say the issue has been corrected for the long term?

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Nobody was bashing anyone here. Your stuff isn't perfect, you've made changes, your stuff has improved. Stop thinking everyone on the Internet is out to gut punch or bash you. People could be saying a lot worse things right now but everyone appreciates the work you and your partner do for a dead platform that only made a low number of cars to begin with.
    I'm not saying its bashing. Its just giving a lot of people the wrong impression. We include the silicone shields with the mounts for free but we still get people calling who don't know that because they don't read the product info on our website. I just want everyone to understand that we include the shields with the mounts. We even install them on the mounts before we package them. There are a lot of people who don't realize this. We also offer a lifetime warranty on all of our polyurethane products. So, if something breaks we replace it. We aim to make parts that don't break.

Also, I'm John, the sole owner of Revshift. I have a couple employees but no partner. Just clearing that up. No big deal.

HtownV04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

So, this issue that you are gut punching us with is out dated and has been corrected... ...This kind of stuff really hurts.
    No one is saying it's a bad product.

voodoochikin04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts, 2004 Cts-v

If the shields are added at no extra charge, why did my friend and I have to pay extra for them when you sent the warrantied mounts???? **revshift.

Brian-- we've had them on for less than a month so far. I thought I smelled burning rubber last week but a visual inspection showed no color or consistency change in the jacketed mounts.

Also, nothing ive read so far sounds like anyone is bashing revshift, its informative info and needs to be shared. Ive enjoyed my Revshift products so far (other than the labors replacing my burned mounts, that was a hassle).

Quote Originally Posted by voodoochikin04 View Post
    If the shields are added at no extra charge, why did my friend and I have to pay extra for them when you sent the warrantied mounts???? **revshift.
    Because your situation happened before I made the decision to eat the cost of the silicone shields and include them with the mounts. I'll let everyone in on some inside info. We were selling the silicone shields separate for $35. The cost to make them is $30 (silicone is not cheap but it works great). We were making $5 on each set but that $5 contributed to packaging and other little things. So, no profit was being made at all. Now, we sell the mounts with the shields for the same price that the mounts were without the shields. We cut our profit margin down significantly so that you guys could have the best motor mount option at the best price.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.