Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Next best mod??

a3ritter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Royal Oak, MI

Next best mod??

Putting her away for the winter, but planning ahead, would like to add a little something more in the spring. Not looking to drop a lot of $, don't plan on having the car 2 years from now, but am interested in where you guys think I can get a noticeable jump in HP/ throttle response without breaking the bank. Current mods listed below:

Mild Cam
    1 7/8 headers w/o cats
    Corsa cat back
    Lingenfelter CAI
    Lingerfelter ported TB
    LS7 clutch/ flywheel
    GForce driveshaft
    GForce Anti-wheel hop axle
    Custom tune

Upon last dyno, put down 384 at the wheels ~470 at crank. Would love to get about the 500 hp mark at a reasonable cost. Presently thinking of a harmonic balancer, 102mm fast intake/ TB and updated tune. Undecided about nitrous, just don't know enough about it. Looking forward to your thoughts

2. Remove Advertisements

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V
    Birmingham, Alabama, United St

Re: Next best mod??

If I was only going to keep a car for 2 years...I would do the oil change mod every 3k miles and perhaps tires and brakes followed by the gas mod at every 1/4 tank.

Heads, cam, intake will get you close...about at the 450whp range. If you're selling in 2 years then perhaps a used Maggie - then unbolt it and sell separately to recoup some of that $. Regarding nitrous, no clue...never messed with it and none of the circles I hang with use it or even speak of it.

+ Reply to Thread

Cadillac Posting Rules