Think we are done with Coleman Rotors...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Think we are done with Coleman Rotors... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Guys that are running these rings on track please check them over. I just happened to be checking/adjusting tire pressures ...
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Thumbs down Think we are done with Coleman Rotors...

Guys that are running these rings on track please check them over.

I just happened to be checking/adjusting tire pressures and temps and found this.

Needless to say I am not happy about missing the weekend with NASA but I'm feeling lucky that it didn't come apart at 140. The split is right along the Bobbin.

This is the 2nd documented failure that I am aware of with Coleman rings. The first was with yooper running them in V2 sizing. Coleman stated that the V was too heavy for their ring in that size. Apparently it looks like the stock sizing is too much as well.

I have to touch base with Bob from AFX but I think I may be done with Colemans. I have a set of 2 piece Girodisc from Luke that will be going on...

2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    That bites. Sorry to hear mod hell has gotten you in the worst way...

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: Think we are done with Coleman Rotors...

im glad you caught it and are safe.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

I was with Yooper at Road America when he was sorting out those Colemans. We also used my Team Dynamics to see if they would fit up with the V2 calipers as well. For what it's worth Chris, the Girodisc that I'm running are pretty robust. They never cracked and the only way I knew they were done is they got thin and wavy. As you probably know these were also the rebadged UUC rotors offered by Luke. I still use the original UUC full floating hats.

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    I was with Yooper at Road America when he was sorting out those Colemans. We also used my Team Dynamics to see if they would fit up with the V2 calipers as well. For what it's worth Chris, the Girodisc that I'm running are pretty robust. They never cracked and the only way I knew they were done is they got thin and wavy. As you probably know these were also the rebadged UUC rotors offered by Luke. I still use the original UUC full floating hats.
    Yep, I have both front/rears sitting in the box that are going on.

I'm thinking the Colemans may be up to the task for the Vette's but the added weight of the V are a no go. Don't get me wrong, I'm seeing 140-150 on the car but its not like I'm running wheel to wheel yet, its all been test & tune. There are a total of 4 FULL trackdays on them and I'm lightened up too.

IIRC, yooper had a similar issue and it was determined that the 370mm rings were not handling the V weight but that the 355's could. Digging through notes, apparently there are hardened Coleman rings available through Hardbar.

I know the UUC/Girodisc will hold up. Hopefully there will be rings/hardware available for replacement.

Ultimately whether I upgrade to V2 or not, I would like to have hats made or utilize the ones from AFX, that will mate up to Brembo or AP rings.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

If you want, I've got a set of Racing Brake 355mm rings that I haven't used and don't need. I bought the 355mm Racing Brake front rotor kit and then immediately bought 370mm rings for it.

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That's a scary thought, glad you caught it off the track

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    If you want, I've got a set of Racing Brake 355mm rings that I haven't used and don't need. I bought the 355mm Racing Brake front rotor kit and then immediately bought 370mm rings for it.
    Appreciate it, but I'm not sure the hubs will mate up with those RB rings. These are the custom ones that PerformanceAFX did...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by alradco View Post
    That's a scary thought, glad you caught it off the track
    No doubt. The last guy that lost a rotor on track in a Vette split his helmet in half on the shifter and I think was helicoptered out (T7 @Lightning)

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    Appreciate it, but I'm not sure the hubs will mate up with those RB rings. These are the custom ones that PerformanceAFX did...[COLOR="Silver"]
    You may be right. I think the tabs on your rings might have more of this Brembo pattern, as opposed to the elongated tab pattern that I have.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Yea glad you caught that in time!

jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

anyone want to buy some 2pc coleman rotors? *L*
    05 CTS-V (390hp/383tq) forged pistons & H Beam rods, balanced crank, TFS 220s, YT 1.7 rockers, Comp Cam 229/239 .627"/.621" 111.5+3, Super Damper, 63lb injectors, Fast 92, 90mm TB, LS7 clutch, RAM flywheel, Alradco, Kooks, Magnaflow, Volant CAI, MSD starter, CS Red MMs, roll bar, RaceTech seats, 6pt harnesses, remote oil & PS coolers, KWv3s, v2 brakes, Carbotech XR1s, 2pc rotors, Hotchkis sways, Revshift red bushings, BMR toe rods, trailing arms & anti-hop kit, Powergrid endlinks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.