Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Back up on blocks for winter work

10K views 76 replies 10 participants last post by  philistine 
#1 ·
Had a bunch of custom exhaust work done and the first thing the guy said when he put it up on the rack is,"Get rid of that header wrapping!".

So, the exhaust work is done and works great, but I have to disassemble the exhaust and strip the headers, then send them off for Hot Jet coating.

Also, have a "Fast Lane" super duper alternator to install as the short drives aren't cutting it with the computer and upgraded stereo.

In the meantime I got a convertor to adapt the OEM radio to an optical sound feed I am gonna hook up.

If time allows, may turn attention to the fuel delivery system as I have a bunch of parts I have been collecting for it.

#74 ·
Gold plating for that price buddy.

I run a lot of electrical loads, haven't noticed any errant shut offs except when I space out and run the battery down from sitting and listening (motor off).

The computer power supply as a low voltage shutdown.

If you replace the alternator, you will discover you only want to do it once.

#75 ·
I purchased the welding wire...dear lord, it's HUGE! Also, with your electronics experience, could you shed some light on ATO blade fuses vs. circuit breakers. Specifically for use with fuel systems. I tested with 10AWG wire, 30amp fuse/30amp breaker and found the resistance to be much lower with the circuit breakers.

This was for my fuel system using DW300 pumps - draws 13amp @13.5 volts. I cut my fuses and replaced with circuit breakers with my hotwire(s) setup and my wires at the fuel module have significantly lower temps and lower resistance. The blade fuses were too hot to the touch and I had them 8 inches from the battery wiring.

I got some direction from Squash Performance with regards to using circuit breakers - also noticed many high end fuel systems using circuit breakers.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.